[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans MTF on hormones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: 11.png (44 KB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
11.png
44 KB, 245x276
Apart from physical affects what other changes in terms of mentality changed particularly looking for people who didnt come out or present because that would give a more accurate assessment to my question.

Though If you did present write away comment aswell baybay!
>>
>>6049661
>what other changes in terms of mentality
Less depression and dysphoria, more content with myself.
>>
not much reallly, a bit of this >>6049664
>>
>>6049668>>6049664

So one could suffice that simply trying the drugs for a period of say a week could even determine if it is indeed dysphoria one is feeling?
>>
>>6049674
not really, though if you keep doubting yourself over this, you're probably a tranny
>>
>>6049690
>if you aren't sure you're trans, you're trans
I want off this ride
>>
>>6049690

2 or 3 months for the hormones to settle. A week isn't enough time at all.
>>
File: 18 (2).jpg (48 KB, 303x331) Image search: [Google]
18 (2).jpg
48 KB, 303x331
>>6049694
>>6049690
He is partly correc-buuuurp-t though... I have been doubting myself for over a year and a half.
>>
>>6049702
>he
have some mercy ;__;
>>
>>6049702
Yeah I know. I get what they're saying. It's just having it written like that seemed kind of funny for whatever reason. I've been doubting myself for ~a year and finally decided to start hormones. If I wasn't still in my first week of estrogen, I'd be able to help you, but so far I think I've just hat placebo affects that were making me feel better.
>>
>>6049661
Deny it as much as you can, because from my own experience, giving into self-doubt works for a little while and then the dysphoria catapults back worse than ever when you reach a breaking point
>>
>>6049713
Yea I think im already past that point, more than once. ._.

>>6049705
sowwy... this is a genocide run.
>>
I get tired faster, and sleep better at night. Whenever I'm talking to my crush and he says aomething cute I kind of just hug my phone or a pillow and roll around.
>>
>>6050337
This is pretty accurate but I think the hugging phone and stuff is mostly just finally being able to be yourself. I actually have decent sleeps now which is awesome! Not to mention how much I've chilled out due to no testosterone ^_^
>>
>>6049661
I'm not presenting yet, but I'm told I look like a wymn anyways, so whateve'

Things I noticed

>I'm less aggressive

>kids don't make me angry anymore, infact I kinda want some of my own now, but am not reel gril so no biological kids ;~;

>I'm even more shit at math now

That's the only shit I can think of atm.
>>
>>6049661
mood swings. the ups and downs get more intense like a crazy roller coaster.
>>
>>6049661
>terms of mentality changed

You become even more batshit insane.
>>
>>6049661
I got more paranoid, more depressed by my ugliness, got insomnia, worse at math, bad at driving. I had my first fender bender in 10 years of driving because of hrt.
>>
Not really that much except that the crippling fear of time running out goes away and your dysphoria starts to decrease a little.

Also my migraines got worse. And my sex drive changed a little. I don't feel a need for release but I still get horny and even after I masturbate the horniness doesn't really go away. So basically I'm constantly horny
>>
>>6052214
I had the opposite effect, I am never horny, but strangely enough looking at a guys cock long enough makes me horny.
>>
Something I noticed is that when I see something hot, instead of getting an erection, I just get INTENSE butterflies in my stomach.
>>
>>6051820
>Not to mention how much I've chilled out due to no testosterone
Yeah this. I still get upset sometimes, but it's more like I get kind of annoyed instead of wanting to yell at something.
I get sad a lot more often and when something depressing happens I sit there and cry for a while.
>I think the hugging phone and stuff is mostly just finally being able to be yourself.
Probably! That's sort of nice to think about.

Something else that is probably not related to HRT, I'm a lot more minded on my appearance.
>>
>>6049711
>>6049690
>taking hormones for 6 months minus a couple breaks
hheheheh I'm just a temporarily confused straight man, correct?
>>
>>6052214
I know someone who's prescribed a different form of oestrogen than usual because that one worsened their migraines. Maybe ask your endocrinologist to look into it.
>>
I'm too scared.
>>
>>6052248
I get really squirmy and want to be held really bad.
>>
>>6052183

>worse at math, bad at driving.

holy fuck please just jump off a bridge youu fucking sad excuse for a tranny. get the fuck back to susan's place. please.

THIS IS WHY WE MAKE FUN OF HONS. THIS RIGHT HERE FOLKS.

theres two types of trannies in the world. types like kayla, and types that are actually not fucking stupid.
>>
>>6052183
Are you fucking serious?? Worse at math, bad at driving?! Wtf. Next, you'll say how you now take 3 hours to get ready in the morning.
>>
File: 1455985041706.jpg (38 KB, 645x1260) Image search: [Google]
1455985041706.jpg
38 KB, 645x1260
>>6057606
>>6057442

Not Kayla, but I'm a math major in my final year of university and I definitely noticed a drop in my math/visuo-spatial abilities after starting hormones ~2 years ago.

Take a look at this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17035932

>Blockade of MR with spironolactone increases baseline cortisol secretion and impairs cognitive function...
>The domains of cognitive function that are impaired after blockade of MR in men, that is, selective attention, visuospatial memory, and mental flexibility/set shifting appear to be remarkably similar to those described in animal studies.
>>
>>6057697
no. just no..... stop.... ur looking silly.....JUST.....JUST.....

hon fuckin mentality. girls are good at math too.
>>
>>6057718

Lol what the fuck are you talking about you moron I never implied that girls can't be good at math.
>>
>>6057718

That study sounds like it suggests it's spironolactone that's the cause of a mental impairment, not that not having testosterone is the cause.
>>
>>6049661
an insatiable urge to get as many dicks into you as is physically possible
>>
>>6057718
It's spiro though you autist. Not girls. Is your reading comprehension bad?
>>
>>6057718
it's science you dumb faggot
guess those hormones have affected your logical thinking skills too ;^)
>>
>>6058058

Their spiro dose is too high.
>>
>>6052515
Sometimes I actually worry I am just a confused straight guy.
>>
>>6052515
>>6058346

Guess you haven't gotten that cocklust yet.
>>
>>6058360
Don't really get lustful for anything in particular, probably 'cause I'm still fairly new to 'mones. I still get horny sometimes. These days I want intimacy more than anything.
>tfw no one to hold hands or cuddle with
>>
>>6058373

>These days I want intimacy more than anything

Intimacy with a man? :3
>>
>>6058382
Nah. HRT has yet to make me think that 99.999% of men's bodies aren't ugly/gross.
>>
>>6058346
wouldn't that be ideal?

>>6058360
men are gross
>>
>>6058598
>wouldn't that be ideal?
In some ways, yes. I'd still be depressed, envious of women, and self-loathing though.
>>
>>6058618
To be fair, are there actually people out there without severe depression and self-loathing?
>>
>>6058646
Heh. I hope so. Rumor has it some people are actually happy too. But that's just a myth; I'm sure.
>>
>>6057442
how can you be mad at kayla for saying that

if anything it's hilarious

"i got in a car wreck and i'm not doing well in math, fucking ESTROGEN"
>>
>>6058812
i'd lol if they were memeing. sadly they think this validates them. blows my mind desu senpai
>>
>>6049674
A week? Nah. But over the course of three to six months? Yeah, definitely.
>>
>>6059050
Or you could just end up feeling exactly the same at the end and be right back where you started
>>
>>6049661
>less depressed
>not crying myself to sleep every night over dysphoria
>less panic attacks
>more sensetive
>more nurturing
>way more intense emotions
>mood swings (i've gotten them under control but it was like, straight from happy going about my life to crying crumpled up on the floor crying out "I don't even know why I'm so sad!")
>sudden lust for dick (i was into girls but now I'm into guys as well)
>crazy high sex drive
>enjoyed sex way more
>stopped laughing at memes
>became much more jaded regarding people (that was more because of all the hate i got)
I dunno what else
>>
>>6057697
I got better at math when I started hormones. Turns out your brain works better when you can get rest instead of being depressed half the time.
>>
Bumping.
I want to hear more people talk about it because it makes me happy for some reason.
>>
Thiiiis
>>6050337
>>6051878
>>6052248
Also
>much more sensitive
>can cry really hard on some anime/movie drama
>roll on bed hugging pillow if I see something cute or my bf texts me
>no more depression, dysphoria almost completely gone
>although mood swings, can be really sad and cry for a long time at night without much reason
>in general better mood probably due to no depression
>6 months hrt
>feels good
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.