[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty coming out stories general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: 1459196082329.jpg (96 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459196082329.jpg
96 KB, 768x1024
How do I come out as transgender, when my family talk all the time about how much they fucking hate faggots? They've always seen me as an exemplary man and don't even suspect about me being tg. I'm hitting 20 next month want to start hrt asap, I've been told I will most likely pass into a coupe months. Actually noone irl knows about this, not even my sister or my friends, both likely being supportive. It's just fucking scary that people start acting weird around me after telling them. So, anyone dealt with something similar? I'd love to hear stories.
>>
Depends.
My dad was a severely homo/transphobic asshole, but when I came out to my family, he accepted me because I was his own child.
>>
Just start it and if they tell you that you look different pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
File: 1459480723886.png (44 KB, 836x781) Image search: [Google]
1459480723886.png
44 KB, 836x781
>>
File: 1460166101355.jpg (29 KB, 676x958) Image search: [Google]
1460166101355.jpg
29 KB, 676x958
>>6047539
kek'd I'm not actually sure but they might be notified if I visit a doctor bc they pay my healthcare and can't get them pills without a prescription tho
>>
>Parents are both Super homophobic/transphobic cuckservatives despite dad having two gay siblings
>Start counseling because of trans thought behind parent's back
>Tell them I'm depressed and in therapy
>They're okay with that
>A few months later I convince my mom to come with me to a session so I can have the therapist help me
>Oddly my mom while surprised isn't super horrible about, she has a lot of questions and doesn't necessarily believe me but offers to buy me girl clothes and makeup
>Feels good
>Tells me I have to talk to my dad asap or she will be doing that
>Fug.jpg
> I do it
>Dad calls me an abomination, doesn't believe me, tells me I'm going to hell.
>His voice sounds more disappointed than I've ever heard it (phone)
>Mom text me the next day all sorts of shitty stuff
>I get really depressed about it for a few months
>Parents act like nothing ever happened
>Started HRT anyway because fuck them
>>
>>6047587
> >Started HRT anyway because fuck them
slayer.
>>
>parents made me "come out" as straight in middle school "just to make sure"
>dad owns basically /pol/: the library with like thousands of alt-right books laying around the house
>family has been in a ten year long cold war with lesbian aunt for weird reasons
>mother banned the family from attending churches with gay leaders
>brothers have 10-12 gfs per year and parents posit this as something i'm also supposed to come into
i don't think i'll risk it
>>
>>6047691

>10-12 gfs per year
>this isn't degenerate

Too many parents need to get their priorities straight.
>>
try to communicate with your local pride center, so you can meet some people going through the same thing as you
>>
>>6047573
>>6047573
GOD FUCKING DAMMMMITT
>>
>>6047350
Depends on how viciously hateful they are. I first came out to the people I trusted the most. In this case, first my sister and her lesbian friend, and then one of my cousins. With support from these people, it made the whole coming out process to everyone else so much easier.

I told my mom, and her being a Jehovahs Witness, she went on the attack about religion and God hates homos. Despite my attempts to explain to her that transsexuality is not the same as homosexuality (gender identity and sexula orientation being separate things), that fundie Christian mentality just gets in the way of rational thinking. Putting up with her shit, trying to preach to me about God's view on LGBT people, and saying she doesn't believe anything I say, despite showing her the actual medical science behind it all.

My father was far more willing to listen. He had quit the whole religious thing years earlier, so I suppose he was less biased. Within several months, he had gone from an awkward uneasiness about it to being supportive, using my proper name, she/her pronouns and referring to me as his daughter.

The rest of the family had mixed reactions. Aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, all reacted differently. Most of whom just kinda went with it, despite disagreeing with my transition. Funny how Catholics (the entire rest of my family) are more tolerating of my transition than my mother (a JW).

It's been nearly 8 years now since coming out and transitioning, and largely everyone has accepted the fact this isn't a phase and it's not going away. Everyone refers to me by my female name, uses my she/her pronouns without slipping a he/him ever, and either doesn't give a shit or has become to a degree, supportive.

Your family will get used to it too.
>>
File: anal_vore_coming_out_party.png (123 KB, 1547x726) Image search: [Google]
anal_vore_coming_out_party.png
123 KB, 1547x726
Probably this.
>>
>>6049725
help
that hurt to read
>>
>>6047573
Fuckin saved. Oh my god, that's fantastic.
>>
>>6047573
FUCK
>>
>parents hate transgender aunt and gay cousin
>found bff
>parents suspect i'm in a relationship with him even though i am not
>mother almost cries when she asks if i'm gay
>not gay yet

1 year later

>start suspecting i'm bi
>parents still suspect he's my boyfriend
>parents ask me why i never bring girls home
>found an actual cute trap
>became bf
>scared to tell parents about my bf
>they still think my bff is my bf
>>
>>6047573
>only about $6.50 to my $10
FUCK
>>
>>6056704

Did you actually finish reading that story or do you not recognize that meme?
>>
File: 1410899606085.gif (25 KB, 582x562) Image search: [Google]
1410899606085.gif
25 KB, 582x562
>18
>came out to my dad
>"why can't you just be gay its easier to hide that?"
>"i know trans people, they all regret it!"
>"you'll be and ugly girl"
>"this is what the pill companies want! they want you hooked on this stuff!"
>"ill never ever call you ___ or she/her, ever"

3 years later of HRT, he comes back from working overseas

>"i never said any of those things!"
>"i love and accept you! just give me time"
>calls me _____ and she/her
>mfw why did he change...?!

thank god my mom has been chill af the entire time supporting me. i can't handle this rollercoaster typa shit
>>
>>6056842

Your father had a tranny lover while he was overseas. The romance and level of emotional intimacy were such that your father understands what you're going through now and fully supports you.
>>
>>6056813
That's where they lost, anon. They realized what it was about at that point. The intent of the image/story became clear when the anon you were replying to got to the bit they put into greentext. They recognized the meme.
>>
>>6056813
No, i noticed the difference was $3.50 when i read it. It was a subtle but telling hint
>>
>I have something to tell you, man
>haha "I'm an enormous faggot"
>well that's not too far from the truth...
Realising the stupidity of what I just said
>I'm transgender.

It was awkward, simple and quick. Wasn't the first person I told but was in the first 3.

The only bad one I've had so far is my sister, who I told between drunken sobs. She didn't seem to handle it well.
>>
>>6047350
I haven't come out yet, I think my parents might be on to something, they've been prodding since I was a freshman, and when I was a kid I did some pretty gay shit, also I'd hate to tell them I wan't to be a girl. I think they can handle gay, but a trans might be a little much. Especially for my dad, he still has the 1980s mindset for gay people, and anytime someone obviously is he's nice to them but says "that guys gay you can tell" like it still matters to everyone.
>>
>>6047691
>come out as straight just to make sure
kek
>>
>>6047691

So what are you?
>>
>>6063136
5'11'', gay
>>
>>6063226

What does your height have to do with anything?
>>
My family is very hateful towards transgender people. I am turning 17 in a month. I haven't even told any of my friends yet. I am afraid that no one will accept me and I will have no support. I am going to tell my best friend and my ex-girlfriend (which is actually one of my best friends now) very soon.
>>
>>6063652
do yourself a favor and don't.
self preservation is in your interest here. you're not obligated to tell anyone anything.
>>
>>6056842
I'd forgive your dad, he was probably panicked, and regrets saying shit, he had 3 years to review it in his head, people can change, plus I'm sure when he saw you progress he realized he hurt you and wanted forgiveness in his own stuborn dad kind of way, he seems nice, but stuborn. JUST FROM THAT IDK I'M JUST GUESSING but I'd cut him a little slack.
>>
>>6047350
My mom died in a car crash when I was just a baby, so it's been me and my dad alone the whole time. I came out as trans to my dad when I was 13. Told him all about it and he freaked out. Told me my mom would be disappointed with me and that I was mentally ill. Then he went off to the bar to get drunk while I was crying.

I dressed up in some of mom's old clothes [she was pretty short] to try and cheer myself up. Dad came home around 2 in the morning and saw me and threw a fit over it. Told me if I wanted to be a little bitch that badly he'd make me one. Then he raped me. And kept doing it.

I'm 18 now and I've really come to terms with it all. Started HRT at 14. Dad's long since stopped complaining about it - as long as I let him blow his load in my mouth or my ass. I don't even really mind anymore. At least it feels like he loves me.
>>
File: 1458901614498.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1458901614498.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
>>6068012
>>
>>6068012
That's kinda hot desu.
>>
>>6068012

I don't personally believe this story. But then, I guess it could be true.
>>
>>6063665
>you're not obligated to tell anyone anything.
This, I told my ex in college and it was the worst decision I ever made. I think she told her roommate and god knows who else.
>>
>>6068012
So do you always dress up for your dad? Tell us more pls.
>>
>>6047350

21 y/o, out to family for a year and a bit, about to start 'mones. Parents hate it more than I thought possible, always getting into shit with my mom and arguing. Dad thinks I am basically influenced by baphomet, won't consider that being trans is actually a thing, neither does my mom. About to move out so I don't have to deal with this on such a daily basis.

My sister is the best person ever about it though; she's been a rock for me, so that's awesome, but I guess we have always been there for one another since day one.

Have a few friends who know and are cool about it, about to have lots of not cool with it friends and family.

Basically a lot of negativity but also just enough good reactions to keep me going, although not always by much :P
>>
you guys are insane

It's the delusional people that scare me, not the psychotic although those usually go hand in hand.
>>
>>6047350

Bi male here

I came out as bi when I was at the very tail end of college. All my formerly close friends I was pretty social) started pulling back and not talking to me as much. Even when they would talk to me, it was awkward as hell.

I just accepted it, moved on as I graduated, and didn't worry about it. One day I get a call from one of the guys who had graduated the year before me, who had previously been a very close friend of mine - apparently he had found out from someone else.

This guy's first words to me over the phone are: "So, Anon, I heard you decided to become a faggot." He proceeded to talk shit for a few minutes before hanging up on me.

I haven't talked to any of those guys since, and I don't miss them one bit.

Any pics in this thread related to you?
>>
>>6071067
2/?

I haven't actually come out to my mom, but she straight-up asked me one time and I just denied it (I have zero desire to talk about anything relating to sex with my mother). When she asked me she had tears streaming down her face and I don't do that kind of situation well.

Ever since then, my mom's always been super supportive of gay rights and calls out friends/family when they say something homophobic.

I love my mom. :)
>>
>>6071067
Ah man I'm bi too, that sucks. Fuck everything about those cunts.
>>
>>6047584
Who is that pic of?
>>
>>6071077

Luckily, as I became an adult I realized that what my mom told me as a kid is SO true. The bigger the bully, the more they hurt on the inside.

I honestly feel sorry for people like that and knowing some people are assholes no longer makes me feel bad about myself.
>>
>>6062941
>"that guys gay you can tell"

Is it bad that I do this?
>>
>>6071094
You can say that phrase is different ways, with different inflection, and convey completely different things.
>>
>>6071099
hmm I could picture myself using that exact wording but I dunno how your dad said it desu.
>>
>>6071099 This was me, I was an interloper not the person you originally replied to, sorry for the miscommunication!

>>6071110

I was trying to point out that you could say that exact phrase, with those exact words, but based upon how you inflect (emphasis and emotion, basically), you could sound completely different.
>>
>>6068887
You're a fag.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.