[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans cuz life as a male is too hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1444111499188.png (452 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1444111499188.png
452 KB, 720x720
Anyone else transgender because being a male is too hard? The male always has to approach and initiate, the male has to be tall, have a big dick, money, personality, etc.

As a feminine cutie, all I have to do is exist. Of course no one knows my secret. They all think I have gender dysphoria and shit LOL
>>
>>5883728
Nice one, robot.
>>
>>5883728
i dont think there's anything wrong with it desu

women switch into man clothes and roles strictly becuase "muh rights and lefts" and no one says shit to them for it, but men who decide to be trans are, with extreme prejudice mind you, hated for doing the same. especially if they have your reason for doing it. just goes to show you that misandry is very real
>>
>>5883728
Being a transgender man or woman is more difficult than being a non trans man or woman by orders of magnitude.

>suicide rate for men, about 1 in 10,000
>suicide rate for women, about 1 in 30,000
>suicide rate for transwomen, about 1 in 2
>murder rate for men, 1 in 30,000
>murder rate for transwomen, 1 in 12

Not even mentioning how many more trans people are kicked out of their family, denied work, denied housing etc.

Gender identity is not a federally protected class. You can be legally discriminated against and you can't do shit about it.

The only way your life will actually be better is if you end up being a perfectly passable supermodel tier tranny, and you almost certainly won't.
>>
>5883961
>>
>>5883961
Your statistic and your whole post in general is bullshit desu.

People like myself who are short and dont have man jaws have no problem transitioning and being happy. IMO, the guys who are over 6ft tall with chiseled jaws who try to be trans should absolutely end up killing themselves. They are wasted potential who could have been total babe magnets but decided to look like freaks instead.

I didint even have to take HRT to pass.
>>
>>5883972
please never open your mouth again

just cease to exist
>>
>>5883991
I will be opening my mouth in a little bit for a very cute boy, so sorry I cant make any promises.

Also your jealousy is showing.
>>
>>5883961

Misleading at best statistics. Sucicide ATTEMPT rate is one in two, and it is more like twice as likely to be murdered for being trans over cis.

>Your point still stand tho
>>
>>5883961
>murder rate for transwomen, 1 in 12
jesus christ thats horrible
>>
>>5884019
>sees mtf suicide statistic
>immediately starts berating them
you are part of the problem
>>
>>5884258

Misleading

About 40% of transgender women attempt suicide before the age of 18, then 50% total attempt suicide over all age ranges.
>>
>>5884266
jesus christ that's horrible
>>
>>5884268

Yep, over half of my good friends (all trans) have tried to kill themselves, thankfully they were shit at it so I haven't lost anyone yet. All are depressed, and the vast majority self-harm.

I tried to kill myself once by asphyxiating myself with a noose of zip-ties, needles to say it didn't work. Now I don't really 'self-harm' but I bruise myself and crush my bones by rolling metal rod over my hand.
>>
>>5884282
fffuck anon. i'm so sorry
>>
>>5884289
ty fellow anon, I needed that
>>
File: 4lwjCtf.gif (2 MB, 416x320) Image search: [Google]
4lwjCtf.gif
2 MB, 416x320
>>5884282
Just goes to show you that behind their entire gender identity battle, is a long list of mental health issues that are left untreated as a result. As a speculation, maybe they assume their gender is the cause and treatment for such mental problems. Only to find changing genders wasn't the solution, and possibly causing even more problems due to ridicule and invalidation by their society.
>>
>>5884341
Perhaps the greater danger is the stigma against the mentally ill intersecting with the transphobia. Coincidentally, many transwomen have schizophrenia and estrogen is one of the best treatments for schizophrenia and mtf gender dysphoria.
>>
>>5884341

Yeah, closeted transgender people are far less likely to attempt suicide. People only want to kill themselves because of complete and utter rejection from society, and people like you.
>>
>>5884350
The best way is to just hormonally transition and stay in boymode it seems.
>>
>>5884353

I mean, in some ways, for some people, yeah.

For me, that is no way to live
>>
File: 1366692076094-1-.png (1 MB, 441x603) Image search: [Google]
1366692076094-1-.png
1 MB, 441x603
>be ugly man
>transition into ugly monster trans woman
>>
>>5884355
being a secret tranny really is a lame way to live life

-can't wear clothes that are actually interesting
-can't paint your nails fun colors and designs
-can't have nicely styled long hair
-have to use man voice everywhere
-have to hide boobs instead of enjoying them and showing them off
-still get treated like a man and "one of the guys" despite your interests being inherently incompatible with traditional masculinity and the interests of most other men resulting in severe social isolation

what's even the point?
>>
>>5884365

For me, I agree, I was just saying some people need to stay in boymode for their own good.
>>
>>5884365
I'm tomboyish anyway and people won't notice the chest bumps but when they do they tease me and say i look like a girl.
>>
>>5883728
Unless you're already ridiculously feminine (to the point where you're mistaken for a girl without trying), transitioning because you don't like gender roles doesn't make sense. Mtfs are just seen as disgusting fetishist men unless they pass, it's really easier to just be a feminine or submissive guy.
>>
>>5884341
>>5884350
Interesting, I didn't mention anywhere in my post that I was against transgender people, but here you are assuming it. And, if the argument is against my claim that trans people have underlying mental illnesses that are often untreated, I believe those suicide and self harm statistics speak for themselves. If you want to remove the stigmatism behind transgender people, you have to remove the stigmatism behind mentally ill people first.
>>
>>5884380

>If you want to remove the stigmatism behind transgender people, you have to remove the stigmatism behind mentally ill people first.

Completely separate issues
>>
>>5884390
I don't believe the vast majority of pre and post transgender people are without mental illness, which in some way or form contributes to their decision to change genders. I'm not against people who change genders, I only ask why. It's a nature vs nurture debate, but I firmly believe we are all a product of our society.
>>
>>5884413
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2016/02/24/peds.2015-3223

>CONCLUSIONS: Socially transitioned transgender children who are supported in their gender identity have developmentally normative levels of depression and only minimal elevations in anxiety, suggesting that psychopathology is not inevitable within this group. Especially striking is the comparison with reports of children with GID; socially transitioned transgender children have notably lower rates of internalizing psychopathology than previously reported among children with GID living as their natal sex.
>>
>>5884438
Thats acceptable. On the contrary, I'd like to point out that scientifically, there is no evidence supporting the claim that transgender people are born as the wrong gender. It's a behaviour that is developed, perhaps determinism.

Here's an article I found:
Usually transsexuals (and homosexuals) argue that studies have shown their brain microstructure is more feminine (Gorman, 1995; Zhou, Hofman, Gooren & Swaab, 1995). Such studies are notoriously poorly replicable, and provide a very shaky foundation for such a view. The most unequivocal evidence is that brain microstructures are produced by long-continued behaviour, rather than long-established brain structures causing the behaviour. The brain changes physically in response to our behaviour - London taxi drivers have an enlarged part of the brain dealing with navigation, violinists a larger area dealing with movement of the fingers of the left hand. There is no evidence that people are born with brain microstructures unalterable ever after - but there is strong experimental evidence that experience changes that microstructure. Transsexual brain differences would be more likely the result of transsexual behaviour than its cause.

In other words, "I think, therefore I am". In my mind, delusion is an acceptable mental illness.
>>
>>5884485
Forgot link
http://mygenes.co.nz/transsexuality.htm
>>
>>5884282
Yeah, women tend to be half hearted about suicide. They generally try more and fail more.
>>
>>5884485
In the right environment, as described in your article, this is a functioning delusion at best.
>>
>>5884485
>>5884490
Does that article make any attempt to address the claim that the area of the brain which determines gender identity has very low neuroplasticity and is nearly impossible to change after early development? That's basically the keystone of the "brain sex" theory.
>>
Op and anyone like him is going to fail at transition and freak out because they realize it doesn't solve any of their mental illness
>>
>>5883972
Uh you you are probs still going to kill yourself. Your not a woman just a beta male and it will catch up to you eventually. Especially because we both know you can bash worse passers all you want but you still have a disgusting narrow hipped wide shouldered man skeleton and skull (you still have a man skull you just got weak enough features that it can cross over into weak featured androgyny, that's not actual femininity you just have a weak man face) and will probs kill yourself because you are just as gross as you were as a man if not moreso
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.