[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help, gender issue ruining my life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1459826046272.png (153 KB, 294x335) Image search: [Google]
1459826046272.png
153 KB, 294x335
Straight to the point.

> I'm having dreams and sometimes nightmares where I successfully become a female through hormones and surgery, something I've been wishing for since I'm about 4 years old, it's getting more and more frequent and takes over my life, worsens my depression and kills my happiness.

> I know I have a mental disorder, it's biologically not normal to want to be the opposite sex.

What should I do? I'll give in more detail to helpful replies.
>>
>>5985876
>What should I do?
Pretty obvious.
What makes you think you're any better than all the trannies here that have given up and went through with transition?
>>
>>5985876
I wish I could help but I'm going through a similar problem (not the dream part though).

Last time I asked for help here it didn't solve any of my issues so I will go straight to the point. If you think you're trans talk to a therapist.

At least it's helping me more than when I asked on this board and a shitload of trolls / rabid trannies came at me.
>>
>>5985947
Thanks, I did contact someone, hoping for the best, but the more it goes the more I feel I should've had the courage as a 4 year old to tell my parents 'I want to be a girl! Bring me to the doctor!' and insist until they did, I could've started before it was too late.
>>
>>5985947
>Last time I asked for help here it didn't solve any of my issues so I will go straight to the point. If you think you're trans talk to a therapist.
That's the first damn thing you're supposed to do anyway, not ask for help on the internet. How pathetic can you be to need strangers on the internet tell you what to do.
>>
>>5986002
Well as long as you manage to have enough support (be it from family or friends) chances are you will be fine, doing it while all alone is the big issue at least for me.
>>5986005
It was more about tips on how to deal with certain things.
Therapists can't do that to begin with. You know, like talking to a "friend" that's going through a similar situation.
>>
>>5986015
>Therapists can't do that to begin with. You know, like talking to a "friend" that's going through a similar situation.
That's true which is a bit frustrating. They sell their shit (at least to me) as "What can I do to help you?", I say I want a letter and hormones pls, reply is sorry no can do, but what else can I help with, I say fine, explain what I would like help with, reply is sorry no can do.

Every study on the subject says transpeople need better psychological care, but all these psychologists really do is make sure it's not other illnesses making you think you're trans and that's literally it.

You'd do best to take that to Susan's or if need be reddit though, this place is made to fling shit at eachother.
>>
>>5985876
gender dysphoria IS a neurological disorder, but the anti-trans crowd who try and use the "you're mentally ill" argument to deny us physical transition, don't know what they're on about.

you cannot alter your neurological hardwiring by popping some miracle-drug (pimozide isn't it fyi). this counts for a lot of mental disorders, and psychopharmacology is just this huge business keeping the banknotes rolling in for big pharma when it simply isn't working!

the people who say trans people need some (alternate) care to "cure" them don't know jack shit about psychiatry, neurology or mental healthcare. it just doesn't work like they think it does. physical transition does help us.
>>
>>5986002
Who told you it was too late? You let catty bitches tell you it's too late?
Bitch it's only too late if you don't have a pulse I know a trans woman who transitioned at 47 years old and is currently 57 years old and passes beautifully.

Passing itself is a stupid concept though, There's plenty of people who do not 'pass' and are still gorgeous,

noone gets to look 100% as the wish they did, sorry, it doesn't happen. Not even cis people are fully comfortable with how they look.
>>
>>5986002
transition or don't, that's absolutey your call
but clinging to the mantra that it's too late is just a sad false crutch
It's a fallacy spread among a tiny shut in community online with little actual experience with other trans people.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.