[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey lgbt I'm genderfluid and i feel like that's easier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 12
File: COsplay.png (58 KB, 600x343) Image search: [Google]
COsplay.png
58 KB, 600x343
Hey lgbt
I'm genderfluid and i feel like that's easier for the public and society to except and it helps trans individuals in the long run

Just like drag queens help trans women I'm wondering what my allies do to help genderfluid acceptance and awareness
>>
>Drag queens
>Help trannies
>>
>>5983841
Um they do they normalize men as women in an entertainment type way which helps people except transgender people
>>
>>5983855
I don't know, to me it seems like they enforce stereotypes alot, therefore doing more harm then good.
Unless you mean helping hons. In that case, it does help, some.
>>
>>5983866
What are you talking about?? Drag queens are satire get over yourself
>>
>>5983855
>>5983875
>>5983866
I've had multiple trans people tell me that the reason they didn't transition sooner is because of the general disdain for drag queens, because they're pretty disgusting caricatures of trans people.
They make normies think trannies are just drag queens.

Get out of your San Fransisco/Portland hugbox and try to see how the rest of the world views drag scum.
>>
>>5983855
uh no normal people just see them as freaks
>>
>>5983900
>>5983907
You're both idiots drag queens are no different then lady gaga... Literally a persona for performance and just like gaga drag queens help the lgbt community and tons of trans people start off as drag queens and then transition
>>
>>5983924
you played your hand too openly there friend, make a new thread.
>>
>>5983907

I think normal people generally just don't see them at all. Because they don't go to gay cabaret clubs or whatever the heck. They see RuPaul and Caitlyn Jenner on TV, and that's the end of it.
>>
>I'm genderfluid
No you're not.
>>
>>5983924
Are you a 12 year old girl?
>>
>>5983976
Yes i am
There's days when i identify as a boy and days where im a girl
>>
>>5983987
Instead of trying to insult me how about you give a counter argument that's actually valid....
>>
>>5983993
gender doesn't change with your mood senpai
you're a tumblr snowflake
>>
>>5984002
Um i have dysphoria it fluctuates... And how do you determine gender? Don't tell me you're one of those oppressive cis gay scum bags
>>
File: 1453147776957.jpg (69 KB, 720x719) Image search: [Google]
1453147776957.jpg
69 KB, 720x719
>>5983993
You mean you think you do. Gender dimorphism is a thing you can't just magically switch between genders, I should know, I'm trans. Please don't act like your tumblr bullshit is related to us and stop besmirching our already fucking shitty name.
>>
>>5984020
So this is how trans see us? Basically calling genderfluid bull shit how tons of people did with trangenders that's messed up
>>
>>5984031
Probably because your "condition" equates to the same attention seeking faggotry as otherkin and headmates. 4chan isn't the right site for you sweetie, trust me leave while you still can.
>>
>>5984047

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8OnyI7VdX8
>>
>>5983819
>Genderfluid

Fucking stop with your special snowflake shit
>>
>>5984047
>>5984060

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N_yBGQqg7kM

Enlighten yourselves pretty sure you're trolls no way a transgendered individual would be this nasty and closed minded
>>
>>5984069
Either you're an attention seeking tumblrina special snowflake or you're baiting

Either way you should shut the fuck up and get the fuck out

Genderfluid is about as real as headmates or otherkin
>>
>>5984082
It's as real as lgbta accept it and move on
>>
>>5984069
>Nasty and close minded
Welcome to 4chan, you're not welcome here. This is our playground, get the fuck back to your containment site.
>>
>>5984086
>lgbta
Asexuality is a predisposition to sex, not an orientation or gender.
There are only two genders.
Nobody wants to listen to your shit
>>
File: 1452287216344.png (465 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1452287216344.png
465 KB, 800x800
>>5984069
>>5984052
>Buzzfeed videos
There's your problem
>>
>>5984093
Nice b8
>>
>>5984137
>calling something that isn't bait, bait

seriously, there's no such thing as being genderfluid. but i'm sure you know that. you're trolling, after all
>>
>>5983819

> Asks for ideas for more acceptance of trans folks.
> Post a webcomic that has hurt transgender issues more than people don't want to admit because of SJW Tumblr.
>>
>>5984082
considering headmates and otherkin are real (but instead of being celebrated identities, they are signs of serious mental illnesses, such as DID), your case is not strong.

anyone can be an attention seeking faggot. for example, in going out of your way to claim that gender fluidity can't possibly be real, you are demanding that everyone listen to you and accept your point of view. welcome to the attention seeking faggotry club! i hope you kill yourself.

genderfluid is a pretty real concept though in practice it's incredibly rare, even rarer than other gender identities. it's NOT "i want to dress in boy clothes sometimes", as many tumblrinas think it is; rather, it's simply a variable gender identity. in most people it's static, but sometimes the things in charge of gender identity get really wonky. it's not hard to believe, honestly.

the reason you think it is bullshit is because you don't have it, and if you can't experience it, it's not real. have fun with that viewpoint.
>>
>>5984498
headmates and otherkin can also be symptoms of schizophrenia, which conveniently shows up in women at around the same general age they start getting active about SJW stuff on tumblr (preteens) if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>5983924

Please tell me this is a troll thread
>>
kill yourself faggot
>>
>>5984516
Drag queen use their stage name in social media because it's a part if their profession and an outlet just like lady gaga and they're both lgbtqa+ allies... Again stop bating if you have a valid argument against what i said please say it
>>
>tfw your gender fluid comes out
>>
File: ASDADDASDVSAFASD.jpg (579 KB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
ASDADDASDVSAFASD.jpg
579 KB, 3000x1500
>>5983900
>>5983907
>>5983875
>>5983841
>>5983841

"Ugh drag queens are the reason everyone hates us trannies, I can't see why else"
>>
>>5984722
>>5984722

I am trans
Being on female growth hormones increases my risk for cancer considerably
My family disowned me
I froze my sperm before transitioning because I am now sterile
Men and women tend to not want permanent relationships with us because we are sterile

What you think you are, your little crossdressing hobbies, have nothing to do with transpeople, or anything we go through.

Lady Gaga is an opportunist who exploited the LGBT community for financial gain. She has set back the image of LGBT acceptance by 30 years by making us all look like sluts and freaks who like to scare children

People like you are opportunists who exploit the LGBT community for social brownie points.

You are not helping. You are the reason we continue to be further marginalized by society.

We do not need "allies", especially ones like you. We are human beings with our own lives, who live them on our own, without people like you stepping in and pretending you're helping

Please fucking kill yourself
>>
>>5984031
genderfluid is just non-binary/genderqueer/in-between-genders/whatever you call it.

Of course you like to dress differently and feel differently some days, but so does everyone else. Most people just don't think they are something special because of it.
>>
File: 1458633898262.jpg (58 KB, 250x312) Image search: [Google]
1458633898262.jpg
58 KB, 250x312
gender fluid isn't real
>>
can we agree not to take genderfluids seriously ? all these people who claim to be a special snowflake gender are either just a bisexual girl gone tumblr or unconcius trans
>>
>>5984950
I second this
>>
>>5984950
Lady gaga donates tons to lgbt youth ... And she's bisexual also she was sexually assaulted
>>
>>5984949
Are you blind to the disparity that one is a performing art while the other is a mental condition that an individual has to cope with. Drag is choreographed to entertain audiences, while gender dysphoria is treated so individuals can feel more comfortable with their own bodies. Of coarse there are bad MtF's that are caricatures of women, but when the average person thinks about transitioning gender boundaries they will think about drag queens and how profane they are.
>>
>>5985724
Please present evidence to back up your claims, or go back to tumblr. Your twelve-year-old bullshit holds no ground here.

And stop with the BuzzFeed crap. Cite actual, reputable news sources, at least if you want to be taken seriously
>>
>>5985737
I think that anon doesn't care about the disparity. More likely they were implying ugly trannies make trans people look bad. Which is true in the case of normies
>>
>>5985738
Lady gaga won woman of the year and is the only talented pop star today she inspires lgbt youth all over the world
>>
>>5985758
>Is told to cite evidence to back up claim
>Doesn't post evidence

Honestly just how old are you? You know this site is for people who are 18 and older, right?
>>
>>5985767
>hating on the queen of pop
Pop culture and gays go hand in hand
>>
>>5985774
Ok, I'm being fucking played here, there's no way you're this fucking dense
>>
>>5983819
>Genderfluid
Go back to Tumblr. You're not wanted here. Fucking leave and post about your shit there. I bet you'll get a nice good response about it there, but fucking leave please. Also
>NORMIES LEAVE REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
>>
Lgbt on 4chan is fucked every thread gets hate and most threads are fetish threads a lot of tranny shit fem boi and masc4masc i don't get it
>>
>>5983819
Typical pol bait. We're the only fucking board that's gullible and impulsive enough to fall for this shit over and over and over.

God dammit lgbt, all other boards are a lot less easier to bait.
>>
>>5986073
I don't think it was b8 gender fluid people truly believe this shit look it up on youtube a bunch of girls talk about being gender fluid but don't know how to describe it at all
>>
>>5985737
I'm trying to say people don't hate you because of Drag Queens, they hate you because you're all ugly weirdo semi people.
>>
>>5985774
she's why lots of people don't like the lgbt community and why I don't want to be in it, because whiny fags like you making up new genders
>>
>>5986513
Tyler Oakley the modern face of gays even accepts agender non binary and gender fluids so...
>>
>>5986480
little advice dude: you're not gonna get anyone super riled up making broad generalizations about appearances without referring to a specific photo or trait. objectively attractive trans people know they're attractive, and that youre objectively wrong. ugly people are gonna be ugly anyway.
>>
>>5983900
Literally exactly this. Before I knew what drag was, I just naturally assumed that I was going to be a girl growing up, it wasn't until being introduced to them that I felt terror and self-hatred and tried (and failed miserably) to repress my identity, lest I become one of them. It wasnt until I was older that I learned that despite what the media presents, trans women are not in fact, anything like drag queens.
>>
>>5983819
what the hell is gender fluid ? when did these people make these words up and where were the rest of us ?
>>
>>5983819
demifluid trenderqueers and drag queens alike do NOT help trans people out lmao
>>
>>5986555
This is why I repressed for 22 years.
>>
>>5983855
they don't "normalise" men as women.
it's gay theatrics and if anyone conducted themselves like that 24/7, claimed it was their identity and that actual women are anything like that, they'd be laughed at, spat at and jumped quicker than you could say boo.
>>
>>5986561
>what the hell is gender fluid ?
a teenager
>>
all of these people arguing over the genderfluid thing... you do realise this is bait right?
>>
>>5986648
If anything its now evolved from gay men mocking women to gay men mocking trans women. Its little better than minstrelsy, really.
>>
This is a great thread
>>
>>5983819
>genderfluid

when will this meme stop?
>>
>>5986843
Oh please don't start that opression olympics stuff. Drag is not mocking transwomen, it's about theatrics and being a diva. It's part homage, part satire, and targets the sacred cows of gay culture, female celebrities.
>>
>>5983819
What exactly is genderfluid? A friend of mine identifies as such and I try to be open-minded but I cannot understand "I'll put on boy clothes to be a boy and I'll put on girl clothes to be a girl". Isn't that just tomboyish/butch and femme/girly? Maybe it's even being a cross-dresser? Sometimes I'll wear pants, sometimes I'll wear skirts, and I don't feel any magical transformation between genders... It seems to me that genderfluid just reinforces gender roles, or genderized products, hobbies, interests, colours, and so on. My friend has said she sometimes experiences dysphoria, often triggered just by seeing her boobs, and wants top surgery, yet most of her shirts are so open, they show bra and cleavage, and I have asked her "why do you wear that if you don't like/want boobs" and she blames it on the fashion industry but I feel like it is possible to wear female clothes that don't make your titty hang out but she acts like her only option is to wear a boy's shirt, if she wants her boobs more covered and dysphoria quelled, which she doesn't want to wear when she's "feeling like a girl", which seems like her default mode anyway. So I'm honestly not able to understand this genderfluid stuff. Is it just a special snowflake label for people who can't commit to transitioning, or people who want to maintain gendered concepts, or is it just as much of a transgender identity as ftm and mtf?
>>
>>5991605
your friend sounds fucking dumb

these always sound like some sort of bait but it's nice to rage at the dumb person even if they're imaginary

so fuck her
>>
File: quillme.png (142 KB, 225x259) Image search: [Google]
quillme.png
142 KB, 225x259
>>5984503
>they disagree with me, must be mentally ill LOL

schizophrenia sets in in the early twenties. i'm schizo, don't conflate us with them thanks.
>>
File: genderfluidity.jpg (49 KB, 620x523) Image search: [Google]
genderfluidity.jpg
49 KB, 620x523
>>5991605
>acknowledges that the fashion industry is shit
>still assumes she hates her breasts, one of the most targeted areas on the the female body, because loltranz

Your friend has about as much self-awareness as a dog.
>>
>>5985099
I used to consider myself genderfluid, but I'm not sure if that's really applicable. I feel like I might be a full-on transgirl who's just been in denial for too long.

I was a boy who liked dressing as a girl and using a girl name and presenting as female. Eventually I realized I enjoyed being a girl a lot more than being a boy. Who wouldn't? Got on HRT a few months ago and I've never been happier.

But I still have to present as male 90% of the time because 1.) I'm not even remotely passable right now and 2.) I'm not out to most of my friends and family. So I'm still 'genderfluid' in that sense. But if I had the choice, I'd just present as female all the time. (Well, maybe I'd still present male at certain kink and fetish events, but I don't know how much that counts.)

I'm just confused right now.
>>
File: bullet immunity.jpg (63 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
bullet immunity.jpg
63 KB, 550x448
>>5983819
genderfluid need no help. One you grow up you'll be straight cis and normal.
>>
>>5992116
thats not being genderfluid though. if youre a trans girl that dresses as male because youre not out yet, thats simply crossdressing.
>>
>>5992796
I get that, there's just a part of me that keeps saying "maybe you're not actually trans, maybe you're just a crossdresser/genderfluid/AGP who just really likes presenting female"
>>
>>5992887
well if youd rather be female than male, id call that being trans
cis people have no desire to be a different gender
>>
>>5992072
dogs can feel shame though
>>
>>5992977
I wish I was born a girl, and if I had the option of instantly becoming a biological woman then I'd say yes in a heartbeat, and HRT has made me feel a lot better physically and mentally, I just don't know if I'm really full trans. I can't imagine ever coming out to my friends and family, or living as a woman in my day to day life. I wish I could, but it just doesn't seem like an option. Being genderfluid seems like the only thing that makes sense.
>>
File: 1392315892887.png (298 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1392315892887.png
298 KB, 500x628
>>5983819
lol it's really amazing how pissed off people on a lbgt board get at someone for identifying as genderfluid.
I mean I'd love to believe that it's all coming from the /pol/fags that are apparently campaigning on this board, but I'm not so optimistic.
Like seriously, is the notion that the degree to which they feel feminine or masculine or otherwise varies for some person so incredibly outrageous to you?
Why?
What kinda sense does that make?
And if you could admit that is what these people are like, what about that pisses you off so much?
>>
>>5993046
feeling feminine or masculine at varying times is common shit tons of cis people do. it's that they're calling themselves the label, not what they act like.
>>
>>5993046
Because 9 times out of 10 muh masculinity/femininity refers to the same archaic sex roles that gender retards are pretending to be against.
>I feel pretty and submissive, I must be in girl mode teehee~
>Oh no, someone made me mad, better go in boy mode and stand up for myself! Grr!

You think you're being progressive, but you're not. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>5984991
But I want a diagnosis for my particular kind of crazy!
>>
>>5993158
OK, so the fact that they claim it's an important part of their identity is wrong, somehow?
Why?
Like, you know, most cis really don't even wanna deal with that kind of variation, even if they feel it or not.
It's just like saying people are wrong to label themselves gay or bi because heteros or people who identify as hetero feel it too sometimes.
Again, what's the actual problem supposed to be?
>>
>Date Genderfluid
>Says wants to transition from female2male
>Horrible person with severe crippling social issues
>Starts calling herself a Lesbian, wants no sex
>Dumps me, immediately dates Saudi-Arab guy, now calls self asexual Gay transman
>He gets no sex after a while either anymore
>Dumps Arab, dates some other guy
>Is now asexual demi-girl transman

Is this typically what genderfluid people are like or did I just make the mistake of dating a real winner. I'm all for trans and non-binary genders and all but jfc at least pick something and stick with it. Is your identity really your identity if you can change it on a whim/reboot it to whatever will make you look cooler on tumblr......
>>
>>5993332
What if a genderfluid person doesn't think gender roles are necessarily oppressive?
What if they think gender roles are essentially about oppression and they just want to act out? You know just like beating people up is kinda about oppression but that doesn't stop someone into bdsm from being progressive?
>>
>>5993442
That makes a lot of sense because my ex >>5993431 had severe impulse control issues and she liked to randomly bite/punch me when she was feeling "masc". She also said that her dysphoria was way worse than her trans friends because she could never be fully male or female whenever she wanted to be. Is being genderfluid maybe just a blanket excuse to be a shit person?

If any 15 yr old genderfluid tumblr girl ever tells
me they have it harder than actual transitioning transmen or women I don't think I can stop myself from punching them in the tits
>>
File: sillyjobno.gif (737 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sillyjobno.gif
737 KB, 320x240
>>5993461
I don't think you actually bothered to read the post you just replied to, or have severe reading comprehension issues, or are pretending either of those two on purpose.
>>
>>5993521
My reading comprehension must suck because how is wanting to act out based on archaic gender roles a good or admirable thing to revolve your identity around.
>>
>>5993426
>because heteros or people who identify as hetero feel it too, sometimes
oh god you're one of those 'everyone is bi' people, aren't you
>>
File: 1364500242417.cached.jpg (301 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1364500242417.cached.jpg
301 KB, 2000x1333
This is Gregory despite his appearance he's a boy and identifies as male last time i checked "clothes has no gender" so the way i see it dressing how you want doesn't make you gender fluid you dumb fucks
>>
>people are taking the obvious bait
>>
>>5998459
So why do trans people dress in gender stereotyping clothing? If a trans man acts and looks masculine its okay same with trans girls but if a cis women is super girly its bad... I don't get it
>>
>>5998495
because they wont be seen as female/male if they dont wear the stereotypical clothing for that gender
>>
>>5998553
But gender is a social construct
>>
I'm trans and I shop at places like Forever21 and whatnot. I feel like a lot of people here are just afraid they don't pass and so shit on other girls who wear extremely feminine clothing. The thing is... do you seriously think the customer base for a store like that is all trans girls who are portraying a caricature of femininity? Is it not more likely that a sizable portion of the cis population wears feminine clothing?! It's one thing to only ever get all tarted up 24/7, but there's nothing wrong with regularly wearing dresses and skirts either.
>>
>>5998553

Doesn't that make the entire condition superficial?
>>
>>5998900
I'm not saying its bad thing when trans individuals do it if anything they probably dress in a way that portrays gender stereotypes because of the pressue they face by society im talking shit about gender fluidn fucks
>>
>>5998925
This
Men and women should be breaking the binary but trans men and women just try and fit into the mold
>>
>>5998742
Gender ROLES are social constructs.
>>
>>5998941

Then what is left of gender?
>>
>>5998925
no?
>>
>>5999317
>focus on superficial things
>not superficial
>>
>>5999362
Putting emphasise on appearance isn't superficial
>>
>>5999362
>hating the gender you were born as and not wanting people to think you are that gender is superficial
ok
>>
>>6004683
Clothing has no gender
>>
>>6004750
i cant tell if this is ironic but if its not, i agree, but thats not what the majority of people believe
>>
>>5984015
obvious troll is obvious
>>
>>5985774
>queen
>not Britney
fucking children

And then to be fair, people older than myself will reply to this post identically with Madonna, but still, Gaga, come on bro.
>>
>>5983819
>I'm genderfluid
Fuck off snowflake. Nobody will accept you.
>>
File: 0987654321.png (402 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
0987654321.png
402 KB, 1280x720
>be genderfluid
>boyfriend struggles to accept it
>we go through a rough patch but work it out
>much later we discuss gender again

I'll never forget the conversation.

>he asks how I feel genderfluid
>in an effort to gain common ground asks how he feels male
>he went silent for a minute
>quietly says he's never felt male
>tfw his rejection of my nonbinary identity was coming from repression of his nonbinary identity
>>
>>6004881
>Britney
>Madonna
>not Cher
Oh, honey...
>>
>>6005231
You're retarded and this is a perfect example of why. Non binary people are just cis people incapable of introspection.

Don't you understand, his not feeling male is exactly what makes him cis. Cis people don't notice their gender,the don't feel anything gender related because they feel normal in their bodies. Your so focused on the narrative of not "feeling" a certain gender that you overlook that being trans is more about dissociation and uncomfort with ones body.

You're cis, kill yourself.
>>
>>6005538
Isn't genderfluid either "I'm trans" or "I'm full of shit"
>>
>>5983819
>genderfluid
>>>>tumblr
>>
gender fluid = cum/grool
>>
>>5998982
Whatever your Gender Studies professor says is totally real and please keep paying me.
>>
>>5984498
Disagreeing with someone until they bring peer review studies is science, not attention seeking.
>>
tfw you get genderfluid in your hair just before the big dance
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.