[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, lesbians of /lgbt/, gay man here and I've been meaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1457668662210.png (139 KB, 838x664) Image search: [Google]
1457668662210.png
139 KB, 838x664
Hey, lesbians of /lgbt/, gay man here and I've been meaning to pose a question to lesbians specifically, seeing as I know literally none IRL:
>To what extent do you think the accomplishments of women throughout modern history can be attributed to the contributions of closeted lesbians/open lesbians/lesbian-leaning, bisexual cis women?

Also do you consider it misogynistic to assert that women's achievements can be attributed to those who are stereotyped as possessing more masculine traits? Do you believe it's true that women that fill powerful political/business positions tend to be lesbians?
>>
self bump cuz i'm genuinely curious and this got spammed off the first page by inane tranny threads
>>
I personally think it was probably a decent amount. Being assertive is generically a manly trait, and with how women were treated back then, I don't imagine straight women letting that assertiveness out much. But manliness doesn't determine sexuality, so at the same time I'm not sure.
>>
>>5982599
Well a question that would be easier to answer is:
>Are lesbians overrepresented among the women that have done such accomplishments?
to which I would absolutely say yes. To what extent is harder as lesbians are still a minority.

I guess it also depends on what an "accomplishment" is. For instance I knit and crochet quite a bit, which are traditionally feminine arts. There are a lot of very, very clever tricks in both arts (that are actually quite heavy on spatial thinking) that in most cases have likely been invented by women. It might not be a large step for mankind but for the art.

I think lesbians/more masculine-traited women are more likely to be overrepresented in achievements that require stick-to-it-ness and tunnel vision.

>do you consider it misogynistic to assert that women's achievements can be attributed to those who are stereotyped as possessing more masculine traits
no. But I do think disregarding occupations and accomplishments in more feminine areas is misogynistic, which most people do when talking about "accomplishments". Improvements in nursing for instance won't revolutionize the world but they surely can revolutionize the world of nursing

Likewise, "there is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack the Ripper." It's either misandrist (that men commit more violence) or the inverse (acknowledge the higher commitment and crazy levels of men).

>Do you believe it's true that women that fill powerful political/business positions tend to be lesbians
Again, it's easier to answer the overrepresentation question (yes), but dunno about the overall ratio
>>
>>5983131
Do you think assertiveness alone is what drives someone towards success, though? Sometimes two women can come off as assertive but one is regarded as 'no-nonsense' and the other one gets regarded as hysterical or sensitive or just a whiner.

>How women were treated back then
What about nowadays? When I said modern history I meant the 18th/19th/20th centuries, really.

>>>5984971
>Absolutely say yes
To absolutely say yes is just to agree to the notion that yes, lesbians can be credited for women's contributions to a great extent. Lesbians are indeed a minority so their visibility in positions of power would instantly translate to
>Depends on the accomplishment
It could be anything, though primarily in fields that are not typically associated with women, which would include CEO positions and other powerful roles.

>Disregarding occupations and accomplishments in more feminine areas in misogynistic
I agree.
>There is no female Mozart because there is no female Jack the Ripper
So which way does it go? Do you think men truly have a higher capacity for evil and commitment and this can be attributed to their accomplishments over women? Or can women be just as evil and therefore the dearth of women's accomplishments are due to other factors? (rigid gender roles, misogyny, etc)
>>
>>5985795
>Do you think assertiveness alone is what drives someone towards success, though?
different lez here.

Assertiveness isn't enough. You have to have the right mix of social intelligence, charisma, and know how in the field.

>Sometimes two women can come off as assertive but one is regarded as 'no-nonsense' and the other one gets regarded as hysterical or sensitive or just a whiner.
Yup. It's about how you execute the winning attitude. You can't just be aggressive and assertive.

>to what extent do you think accomplishments of women throughout modern history can be attributed to the contributions of lesbians/bisexuals
Not likely. Just because a girl is straight doesn't mean she's not an ambitious boss. If a woman is in a top position, pretty good chance that she's either straight or bi purely due to statistics. Lesbians can be pretty lazy fucks and are more likely to be poor actually. Just look at our obesity stats

>Also do you consider it misogynistic to assert that women's achievements can be attributed to possessing more masculine traits?
No.

>Do you believe it's true that women that fill powerful political/business positions tend to be lesbians?
I wish.

>So which way does it go? Do you think men truly have a higher capacity for evil and commitment and this can be attributed to their accomplishments over women?
Men in general have higher capacities for nearly everything over women. Athletic abilities, the sciences, math, etc. Not to mention, that they tend to be more competitive and dominant in their respective fields. It's the testosterone. With these advantages though, men also are more prone to being aggressive and committing violent crime. Just look at the statistics for incarcerated men. Imprisoned men outnumber imprisoned women.

>Or can women be just as evil
oh hell yeah. Individual examples can be pretty nasty bruh. Women abusing others is a big chunky percentage. Men are still higher but women tag along pretty close.
>>
>>5986677
>>5985795
>therefore the dearth of women's accomplishments are due to other factors? (rigid gender roles, misogyny, etc)

It could be attributed to both rigid gender roles and misogyny. Women in general are raised to be catered to and babied. Men are told to man up and handle their own shit. Usually men will cater to women in hopes of getting some poon, so women get conditioned to just be lazy pieces of shit (the pretty ones that is).

Interestingly, I heard a random quote somewhere about how a feminist observed why women don't tend to accomplish as much as men. What happens is that they get comfortable. The book they're working on, the career they were striving in, gets put on hold when they get pregnant and start a family. They're comfortable. There's no need or drive for them to finish their work.

There are definitely women who want to prove something to the world and they'll work their asses off on it, but they're in the minority.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.