[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smoking on HRT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
>smoking daily
>taking synthetic estrogen
>poor diet
>no exercise in weeks

Who else living life on the edge here? Aren't you afraid of blood clots?
>>
i'm starting hrt next summer and being a smoker stresses me out the most. trying to decrease the amount i smoke/maybe even quit completely but dunno if i'll be able to because stress and anxiety issues :(
>>
>>5978460
know those feels. i managed to quit once, but living around smokers makes it even harder to stay quit.
>>
>>5978196
I'm also drinking and doing liver wrecking cardiotoxic drugs
>>
You know that nicotine pretty much kills the metabolism of estrogen, right? You're not just going to die of a blood clot, you're going to look like a hon while you do it.
>>
>>5978196
Well some study or something idk what found the risk of clots declines a lot after the first year of HRT. I think was going by contraceptives, but they're an even bigger risk, so make it through that 1 year and you should be good.
>>
>>5978921

Why would the risk go down? Isn't it more likely that anyone who was likely to have a blood clot would have had it in the first year and then be taken off of it, and therefore, not included in years thereafter? So it would look like the risk goes down?
>>
>>5978196
well I'm on HRT for 8 almost 9 months now. and i smoke pretty much a pack a day.. and yes i was very afraid it might cause clots or other medical issues. at least i don't drink and don't do drugs so that's a plus. not doing any exercises or sports what so ever. I'm underweight as it is :) I'm still alive and hope it will stay that way. quitting would obviously be best but i just can't manage.
>>
>>5978196
reporting in
>blood clots
not rly afraid since I get everything checked regularly
>>
>>5978196

Why are you on a synthetic estrogen?
>>
Have you girls considered using a vapouriser?

Amssukng nicotine isn't the blood clotting cause its a very good alternative.

I used one for months on end after smoking daily, it was soooo much better.... I've regressed back to cigarettes again but I'll certainly be vaping again soon, cigarettes are bloody awful.
>>
I wanna be a qt grill!
>smokes
>no exercise
>poor diet
I feel sad and ugly
>LoL

If you want to be happy you have to actually try.
>>
>>5980016
>I feel sad and ugly
I don't remember saying that. In fact I look pretty fucking cute considering I was born male. I've just been smoking and drinking more lately and it's got me thinking about the effect it's having.
>>
>>5978196
I used to smoke, I quit when I started hrt last year because nicotine fucks up estrogen absorption in cells.
>>
>>5978196
>>5978460
>>5978890
>not smoking or drinking
>short and weigh little
>bike 20 km daily
>fucking cutie
>soon taking estrogen
Life's good, you guys suck.
>>
>>5980107
Oh the nicotine is the issue?
Eh, only option is to quit then, but that's a good thing anyway!
>>
>>5979927
Does low dose nicotine vaping eliminate the negatives from smoking and taking oral HRT? Could I just go IM and vape and not have shitty feminization?
>>
What would be the proper exercise routine for a trap or a mtf?
>>
>>5978196

I bet you vape
>>
>>5980400
I honestly do not know, I threw or in as a suggestion however the other person said nicotine is the actual issue.

Sure, you can take lower doeses of it, I still feel its best to just not do it though.
>>
File: 1333512482781.jpg (58 KB, 343x500) Image search: [Google]
1333512482781.jpg
58 KB, 343x500
>>5980795
>implying i don't roll my own cigs

>>5980756
I do pic related, or rather I did when I wasn't so lazy. Gonna have to start again or I shall get pudgy.

Make sure to add weights when you can.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-06-20-30-32.png (213 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-06-20-30-32.png
213 KB, 1080x1920
>>5981045
>>5980756
ahaha oops
>>
Weeds fine though right?
>>
>>5980866
I saw some posts on plebbit about vaping, but they said that the health risks were from mainly nicotine + oral/sublingual RoA and that their estrogen ranges were fine when they vaped. Idk, just looking for any more evidence supporting this. I'd like to taper off of nicotine anyways.
>>
>>5981077

Yeah. I smoke weed every day and my hormone levels are in a normal female range.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.