[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help guys, I have about 1 day to come out to my parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Need help guys, I have about 1 day to come out to my parents as a mtf transfag
What the fuck should I say and what are some do's and don'ts, also if you would be able to post your coming out story, please do
>Pic unrelated
>>
Tell your parents they fucked up making you.

And that they should be sorry and let you wear dresses around the house.
>>
>>5878660
Why do you have one day only?
>>
I'd suggest writing things down; maybe even coming out via letter or email. I came out to my father in person, but hadn't prepared anything and it was really hard to phrase everything well on the fly. He told me I needed Jesus and that I should read the Bible and never tell anyone what I just told him...

Unfortunately, he did his own research after I told him, and came up with a lot of wacky ideas/concerns. He asked me a few days later if I had been taking anything for it, and I explained I'd been on hormones for a few years. He suggested that I go off them until I was sure and kept trying to tell me about all the risks to dissuade me.

I later came out to the rest of my family via email and it went smoothly. Sending an email allowed me to lay everything out much better. I explained a little bit about the science and that I was diagnosed with this by a therapist, etc. to make sure they knew I hadn't gone off the deep end. They were all very supportive and the only questions they had after reading my email were things like, 'so what do we call you now?' and 'so do you like men or women?'
>>
>>5878717

I'm guessing because they're getting a haircut tomorrow.
>>
>>5878717
I told them we need to talk tomorrow, they never let me get away with stuff like that once I make them concerned.
Figure I'd do it now since otherwise I'm gonna procrastinate for a fuckton of months/years
>>
>>5878660

Go Google a bunch of literature on transgenderism and intersex brains and push that line hard so they have a reason to accept this as genuine and not just some crazy delusion.
>>
if theyre decently open minded people just be like "yeah im pretty sure im a girl" and if they ask like wtf are you talking about find/show them good resources so they KNOW what it is; most of the awkwardness comes from cis people not really understanding what exactly it is and what we go through

if theyre bigoted asses treat them like bigoted asses cause dey hoes
>>
Make sure to mention dysphoria and all that, so they don't think it's some kinda fetish, I guess
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.