[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>As long as you don't grow up in legitimately dangerous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: Franco.jpg (53 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
Franco.jpg
53 KB, 570x300
>As long as you don't grow up in legitimately dangerous circumstances you will most likely mature at a normal healthy rate and so will never do anything intentionally mean spirited or cruel from the age of like 14 onwards
>You won't feel the need to give other people a hard time to relieve insecurities and protect an ego
>You won't judge people because it'll seem creepy (rambling about strangers like you've known them for years doesn't become not weird just because you're being a jerk about it. You're basically a stalker.)
>You won't judge people because you will have an understanding of the individuals obligation to a community/society (As long as you don't hurt/limit other people you are allowed to do literally whatever the hell you want. If this isn't the case you have a superstitious ritualistic tribe, not a healthy community.)
I don't understand how issues like homophobia and transphobia exist in the developed world.
Can someone please explain?
Why would grown people in positions of responsibility act like petty little children?
Do they not realise people grow up because it's important to have a practical, realistic and comprehensive perspective of the world around you? Or do they think mentally healthy adults are just overly nice weirdos?
I honestly don't understand.
What are you even fighting for?
>>
Fear negates all the circumstances you described at first.
>>
>>5973407
(Most) people aren't inherently malicious, often times these people are actually trying to help. Think of your stardard gay-bashing christfag. It's not that he or she hates gay people, it's that they honestly believe those people are misguided and they're doing their best to save them from hell. Or take your standard /pol/ack who doesn't agree with trannies. Most of those people seem like they actually sympathize with anons who suffer from gender dysphoria, but they seem to believe gender dysphoria and "transgenderism" are some sort of Jewish plot to destroy white families and culture. In their eyes, they're just doing their best to help people by stopping them from transition and "ruining their lives". Their intention is good - helping people - they just can't understand that what they're going isn't helping at all.

Also, whether or not you personally believe it, gender dysphoria and homosexuality are often viewed as mental illnesses, or at the very least some sort of mental issue. And like any other mental problem it can be very hard to understand for those who don't have it. Just look at how the clinically insane were treated not even 70 years ago. Insane asylums, lobotomies, shock therapy, etc. It's not that (at least most of) the wardens or doctors in those places were malicious, they wanted to help, they just didn't understand. And understanding someone else's mind is a very hard thing to do. Even as a transexual myself (mtf) it's hard for me to understand why someone would ever want to be masculine. Not that I hate men or anything, it's just that masculinity is a different point of view that I don't really understand.

It's hard for the gay bashers to understand why someone would want to pursue the same sex. This especially applies to trangendered people - it's really, really hard for a cis person to understand why someone would ever want to spend a ton of time, money, and effort on something that seems impossible to them anyway.
>>
>>5973738
>Most of those people seem like they actually sympathize with anons who suffer from gender dysphoria

oh honey..
>>
>>5973743
What if you're a /pol/fag(literally) and you do believe in that?
>>
File: Christian Manga.jpg (35 KB, 343x480) Image search: [Google]
Christian Manga.jpg
35 KB, 343x480
>>5973407
>I don't understand how issues like homophobia and transphobia exist in the developed world.

Religion (of all kinds) had a pretty profound influence.

Grow up utterly indoctrinated in the Church, and if the Church rejects homos / trans, then you're extremely likely to. Religions (of all kinds) have spawned massive wars of conquest that produced mountains of bodies and rivers of blood. Gave us a lot of good things, inspired hope, inspired great works and feats of science and art. And it also has stunted us in ways too.

But yes bottom line is that most Religions as a moral code pose a paradigm for "how then should we live?" and it typically includes the management of heterosexual relationships for the purpose of procreation. Anything occurring outside of that is usually anathema.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.