[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any other trans here that go to Quest Labs on Bank
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: little bunny.jpg (18 KB, 450x367) Image search: [Google]
little bunny.jpg
18 KB, 450x367
Are there any other trans here that go to Quest Labs on Bank Street in Granby, Connecticut to have their blood drawn?

Just wanted to ask some questions because I think I recall seeing a thread here a while back from someone who said they werent there and they mentioned being abused or whatever and I wanted to know if it matches up with my most recent experience.

Basically just want to ask questions, any help would be appreciated. I hope you're here and see this, whoever you were.
>>
Is trans blood even human? i always wondered this.
>>
File: little bunny with a backpack.jpg (36 KB, 499x469) Image search: [Google]
little bunny with a backpack.jpg
36 KB, 499x469
>>5972064
No we're immortal superhuman vampires blessed with the power bestowed upon us by the ancient stone mask.

But seriously please help if you can.
>>
Please respond.
>>
>>5972056
i dont know what and where that is but tell story hon
>>
>>5972056
i'm not sure how relevant this is, but i go to a Quest Labs in New Haven Connecticut and i've never had any problems
>>
>>5974536
The thing is, I'm trying to figure out if I actually did have problems. I'm kinda suspecting I did, and because I recall reading a thread where someone else had problems I want to ask some questions.

The person who drew my blood definitely didn't draw it like everyone else always has. It hurt way more than it has ever hurt before to have my blood drawn and there is still a bruise there even though it was like 3 weeks ago now that I went.
>>
>>5974556
Basically, I'm unsure of whether to consider it abuse or someone who was inexperienced. I wanted to know if the other person had any issues with their hormone levels being reported to their endocrinologist too.
>>
File: little piggy.jpg (105 KB, 560x451) Image search: [Google]
little piggy.jpg
105 KB, 560x451
Please respond.
>>
Please respond.

I'm genuinely worried about there being permanent damage because it has never hurt even remotely close to how bad it did this specific time I had my blood drawn. Usually it's not even that noticeable but this was intense and persisted long after.I had left along with a visible bruising that lasted a while.

I've recently experiencing brief but sharp spasms of pain randomly in random spots on my body including the area where my blood was drawn this last time. I can't recall ever having this problem prior to that visit and on top of worrying about this I'm worried about my hormone levels and whatnot being incorrectly reported.

Please help me. I swear I can recall seeing a thread about this before I went for my last most recent visit but I thought nothing of it at the time because I hadn't had any bad experiences there before but my blood work this recent time was done by a person who I had never seen working there before in the years I had been coming there in the past even though only this past year has been for trans related blood work.Please help. I'm scared.
>>
>>5984238

You should go back there and complain anon, or go see a doctor. If you're legitimately worried go see someone, emergency room or whatever.
>>
>>5985668
What I'm wrong though and they were just bad at their job or inexperienced... I don't want to look like an ass.
>>
>>5986296
>I care about permanent damage to my body unless I look like an ass
>>
>>5986300
I don't want someone to lose their job just because they did something kinda dumb.

I'd only want them to lose their job if they did it out of hate.
>>
>>5986307
That and I don't want to look like a total idiot who was worked up about something and ended up being wrong about it.

I want to see if that person who made the other thread that I can recall seeing will pop up so I can talk to them some.
>>
i go to a quest lab out in mystic, ct. never have any problems. i think they can tell how nervous i get :| it's a control thing, i'd rather do it myself. sounds like you just got someone that was either inexperienced or messed up a little, but didnt want to say anything to alarm you. maybe missed the vein trying to go in at first. could also be your veins are just crappy. only time i've seen bruises from bloodwork that last a long time were old people where they had a rough time finding a vein. people arent so petty as to jeopardize their bread and butter over something like this. this is connecticut.
>>
Seriously see somebody, your health is more important than appearances. If somebody there is actively harming transpeople you need to tell somebody.
>>
>>5986450
Okay, that's what I thought. She didn't seem malicious but I was worried that she might have been because of my recollection of a thread here from someone else describing a bad experience with pictures of their bruises.

I don't think my veins are bad, but I was incredibly nervous because there was issues getting in touch with my doctor I see for trans stuff since she's up in Massachusetts while I live in Connecticut.
>>
>>5986492
do you live in mass? I see phulwani up in Farmington / Great Britain. I mean if you're going to Granby for bloodwork I wouldn't see why not? even the people on ct state can get Lupron now-a-days iirc
>>
>>5986533
I live in Connecticut near the Mass border. I had to go to Mass to find an informed consent clinic that would take me.
>>
>>5986626
how does all that work now-a-days. like were you forced to go thag route or ? like once you start at the informed consent clinic you have to keep going there, you cant go to another doctor? or they wouldnt see you even if you wanted?

things were different when i started compared to now i guess.
>>
File: 1459904053638.gif (2 MB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
1459904053638.gif
2 MB, 700x393
>>5974556
I live in cali and I get bruises from the Phlebotomists drawing my blood.
stop being a baby
>>
you probably have hep C and HIV now

>>5986712
stfu you don't know shit kyle
>>
>>5986731
>you probably have hep C and HIV now

Never had any sort of sex or are you implying they used bad needles?

>>5986686
No, I can go somewhere else. I just had to go there to start without jumping through all the bullshit hoops you're expected to go through to get a diagnosis even if you know you're trans.
>>
>>5986740
yea, if they are such unprofessional hacks they sound like it's possible
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.