[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In what countries are there still a need for gay rights movements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: lgbt-rainbow-flag.jpg (52 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
lgbt-rainbow-flag.jpg
52 KB, 640x426
In what countries are there still a need for gay rights movements (legally speaking) but who also have existing gay rights movements?
>>
>>5964840
>legally speaking
You mean things like same sex marriage and adoption or countries where being gay is illegal?
>>
>>5964840
America, especially in Southern States.

I'd say Russia, but gay movements are pretty much forbidden in all but law.

Eastern/South-Eastern Europe is more or less forced to have gay rights because EU, and I think there need to be activism to educate the people here, especially youth.
>>
>>5964840
Brazil. The cases of violence against gay and trans people come on an absurd number and we're facing conservative backslash right now.
Our LGBT rights movements is pretty active though. I'm still hoping for change.
>>
>>5964840
Might as well cut it since it's not gonna help.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 350x500
The middle earth
>>
Jamaica wont VOW
>>
>>5966344
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oGCSRzgm9Q video proof
>>
>>5964934
Why do you say America? Being gay is illegal in 79 countries, America isn't one of them.
>>
Greece
>>
>>5971824
That may be true, but you still can get beat up very bad in the states for being perceived as being gay.
>>
>>5972228
...and it's illegal to beat people up for whatever reason
>>
>>5971824
Beyond existence, there are
- Rights of association (marriage, membership in political process, right to form organizations, protection from imprisonment based solely on their identity.) These are more or less legally guaranteed in the U.S. as of now.
- Economic rights (right to have their wage judged solely and equally on their ability to increase production of a good, and the right to have their acts as a consumer judged solely by their ability to provide cash in exchange for a legal service.) These are partially implemented in some parts of the U.S. but are not present in others, and addressing them is critical to improving LGBT standards of living.
- Social acceptance and full integration (When this is achieved, the coercive powers of the state are no longer solely responsible for upholding the first two sets of rights and society becomes partially self-regulating. This allow the rights to be protected, even if a major change in government takes place.) Acceptance and integration is sporadic within the U.S. and has heavy resistance in some areas.

Beyond this, ensuring actual implementation of these rights and equal protection under the law is a constant issue, as is improving the effectiveness of law enforcement and social support structures, but that's also true for all people.
>>
>>5971824
You know this thread was made just so that people would get shut down for thinking the U.S. still needs a lgbt rights movement. Yep, we get it. Other countries have it much worse.
>>
>>5972266
Shit still happens, and in many jurisdiction they won't investigate the crime if you are gay.

This >>5972328
>>
Nepal

it's actually a really interesting situation there. There's not as much of a cultural/religious frame of reference for homosexuality there as in many other places, so everyone these is like "huh homosexuality whatever". There's a gay lobby pressuring the government, which has made some progress, like with anti-discrimination laws, and there's also pressure to change for tourism purposes (gay-friendly resorts etc.).

Cambodia is also interesting. It's farther behind than Nepal, but there was a cute and adorable statement that King Sihanouk made about gay marriage after seeing one in San Francisco when he was visiting the US, basically saying "god has a wide range of tastes" and that he would be okay with it in Cambodia.
>>
>>5964840
pretty much all of asia, south america, africa and eastern europe
>>
File: c22pkpsm.jpg (160 KB, 600x309) Image search: [Google]
c22pkpsm.jpg
160 KB, 600x309
>>5972228
this is exactly why the fuck its legal to carry guns in the USA.
>Go get a derringer. 2 rounds of GO FUCK YOURSELF .45 should be enough to stop any "queerbashing"

>always remember to shoot center mass. Gun shots are terribly painful and have serious "Shit inside you" kind of consequences for whoever is being shot
>>
File: Purple sig.jpg (80 KB, 545x442) Image search: [Google]
Purple sig.jpg
80 KB, 545x442
>>5972622
a sweet AF sig .380 auto
>If 2 rounds isnt enough
Saw this bad boy in the gun shop for $650 want it sooooooooooooo bad u has no idea
>>
File: 1438574378195.jpg (1 MB, 2052x2235) Image search: [Google]
1438574378195.jpg
1 MB, 2052x2235
>>5972451
take some personal responsibility.
>everyone on this board is part of a persecuted minority. Defend yourself because you are under attack.
>>
File: der.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
der.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>5972622
heres the pic i wa looking for.
>any pistol caliber
>i suggest a .45 kuz its subsonic anyway, 9mm wont have enough barrel to get up to speed so it will be a lot of muzzleflash and noise. .380's prob better than 9mm for this too. And honestly caliber is really not that important.
>>
>>5972633
That is the most faggoty pistol I've ever seen
>>
>>5972660
faggoty pistols for faggots, what's surprising? arm yourself, faggots, and when some nigger attacks you for whatever reason at all, you can defend yourself
>>
>>5972660
the purple on the metal is done very well
Also I dont give a fuck I like it, a lot.
>And i bet you'd be so mad if you got shot to death by a gay-ass-pistol XD
>>
File: old pic.jpg (674 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
old pic.jpg
674 KB, 1600x1200
>>5972645
>>5972622
>two rounds, break action for self defense
please no

also, the Makarov is the ideal gay carry piece, part of the gun is literally a penis.
>>
File: what the fuck.gif (638 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.gif
638 KB, 160x160
holy shit buy real guns
>>
File: 1409757753024.jpg (68 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
1409757753024.jpg
68 KB, 469x463
>>5973050
its not a bad option, especially if say you spent all your rubles on vodka and need a pistol for $50
>>
File: walther_ppk.jpg (256 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
walther_ppk.jpg
256 KB, 1280x905
>>5973073
its not so easy to conceal an SKS
The sig i already posted and the makarov are basically the markey for small pistols unless u want a wheel gun or to be bond with ur walther.
>MFW walther ppk isnt on the CA list so u have to do a private party transfer and who the fuk would sell one of those glorious pistols...
>>
File: he was a good stalker.jpg (567 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
he was a good stalker.jpg
567 KB, 1600x1200
>>5973149
I'm afraid that's exactly what happened.
>tfw no hasguns bf
>>
>not allowed to carry where I live
>work for the state so I was allowed to have special permission
Feels good
>>
>>5973193
You i like :P
>kik : Ariv954
>please be in california
>>
>>5973219
Cascadia, sorry bby
>>
You americans are creeping me out with this gun mania

It would be funny but so many people die because of it
>>
>>5975536
we live in a fucked up country
>>
>>5971824
>Being gay is illegal in 79 countries, America isn't one of them.
But America is the only one that's remotely capable of improvement.
We might as well give up on these 79 countries because they're never gonna be remotely civilised.
>>
>>5972622
plot twist: the dudes trying to murder you have guns too
>>
>>5976043
>all the more reason to have a gun, i mean gun v gun is way better than fist v gun.
Also thats not a plot twist its a gunfight.
>people who gunfight are generally considered to be badasses, I want to be badass. Therefore more reason to carry gun.
I fail to see a problem.
>>
>>5972622
If the authorities have the mentality that the gay panic defense makes sense, and that hate crimes against gays aren't worth investigating, they probably also won't believe a gay person who says they shot their attacker in self-defense.

>>5978177
>people who gunfight are generally considered to be badasses because they're willing to enter situations that are very likely to result in their death
You don't see the problem here?
>>
>>5973219
btw this noguns-nofuns furry spammed me GUNSKILLPEOPLE GUNSKILLPEOPLE GUNSKILLPEOPLE on kik.
Username: HajuZenar
Profile name: toby mau.
his twitter says he is a furry who likes league of legends
https://twitter.com/hajuzenar
>he seems to be a big fan of https://twitter.com/NastyYenaAD
>>
>>5971824
> in parts of the country business owners can tell you to go fuck yourself just because you've dated a guy

nice
>>
>>5978208
>they probably also won't believe a gay person who says they shot their attacker in self-defense.
at this point you've take it out of the hands of the specific police who is investagating. its going to be a big deal and they will have to follow more serious oversight, it would be a homicide or shooting investigation instead of "bill got beat up, go give him a band aid and send him home"

>>people who gunfight are generally considered to be badasses because they're willing to enter situations that are very likely to result in their death
>You don't see the problem here?
Nope. because in this scenario you've laid out 1) your being gaybashed. Self defense= shoot to kill, john wayne cowboy 'Merica style.
2)you already said that ur gaybashers also have guns. You can either be a victim without a gun or defend yourself with a gun, again john wayne cowboy 'Merica style.

>Whats your side of the arguement? (i bet its "I personally dont like guns, eeew they kill ppl zomg")
>Why dont you think people should defend themselves?
in this scenario the advantes of not carrying a gun are: your at the mercy of the gaybashers or armed gaybashers.

>where the fuck are the advantages of not carrying a gun? the police might not like it boo the fuck who nut up.
>but the corrupt police.... This is EXACTLY why you need a gun.
>>
>>5978236
>be faggot
>go into local grocery store
>begin shouting about how much you take cocks in ever hole at top of lungs
>complain when they ask you to leave
businesses would serve you if you kept it to yourself
>>
>>5978257
Straight people would get kicked out for that behavior too, so it's fair. Disruptive behavior IS an acceptable reason to ask someone to leave. But if they just happen to know you're gay, or merely THINK you are, they can still kick you out.
>>
>>5978250
Sure, but the point is, being armed really doesn't fix the underlying problem. If a place is full of violent homophobes, and the police don't consider gay bashing a problem, then you're pretty much screwed regardless. It's not a an argument between arming yourself and not, it just means you have a choice between being screwed and sightly less screwed.
>>
>>5978282
And anyone with a brain would choose "Slightly less screwed" as opposed to "screwed"
The underlying problem get fixed when society changes like in california.
>But the first step is to stand up for your rights.
>blacks ALL had to arm up during their civil rights fight. between 1865-1970 blacks being targeted by racists knew to arm up quickly. Souther boys shoot into their houses. and the only way to stop them (assuming police DGAF) is to shoot back. That is the only fucking way.

Whats hard to understand about this.
>standing up comes first. Being armed is basically a pre-requisite for this.
>to beat the institutionalized horseshit takes generations of being armed.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.