[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your guys opinion on LGBT people who support Islam? as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 17
File: 1389320686556.jpg (17 KB, 385x240) Image search: [Google]
1389320686556.jpg
17 KB, 385x240
Whats your guys opinion on LGBT people who support Islam?

as a straight person i can't imagine how fucked in the head you have to be to have support for an ideology that wants to throw you off buildings
>>
Cleanse the world of Islam and muslims.

Apostate or die.
>>
Islam is a religion of peace once you get to know it
And not all Muslims are bad
>>
>>5963720
>as a straight person

Well no wonder why you are a hateful bigot. Do the world a favor and jump in front of a train.
>>
Haram.
>>
>>5963720
It doesn't get much dumber than supporting islam, LGBT or not. Fuck anyone who does.

Only exception is Iran where homosexuals are the mentally ill and trannies the norm, I find that kinda amusing.
>>
Because people shouldn't have to earn the right to respect/self-determination/freedom/whatever by having a belief system I personally find to be right or wrong. Yeah, homophobia and lots of other things among Muslims are messed up, and I will disagree individually with those Muslims when I meet them, but I'm not going to tell 1.5 billion people to fuck off because they're not catering to my worldview.
>>
>>5963720
I feel the same way about lgbt people who support the far right.
>>
>>5965077
Islam is far right you retard
>>
>>5965077
The best answer.

>>5965087
A different kind of far right. And many of them are leftists. They immensly voted FOR Gay Marriage in France (voted for Hollande, who has always been for gay marriage and talked about extensively during the elections.)
>>
>>5965160
>A different kind of far right.
No true Scotsman... But really, the original context is not changed, it's still far right.
>And many of them are leftists
Right left? wut.
>>
>>5963720
They are retarded, there isn't much else to say about them.
>>
>>5965195
They voted for a left-wing candidate.

ISIS is fundamentalist right-wing, but not in the same way as neo-nazis or even Putin.
>>
>>5963785
Islam isn't a religion, get your ass out of mount stupid before you start talking about a subject.
>>
>>5963720
>Whats your guys opinion on LGBT people who support Islam?
About as stupid as LGBT people supporting straight people in any way or form.
>>
>>5963720
Because they listen to straight people. Straight people tell gays all their life that they're bad, so the dumb gay ones are going to find a belief that lets them believe they really are bad. Straight people say it's ok if they threaten gays with death, so the dumb gays are going to go out and find some straight person that will threaten them with death.
>>
They're just misguided souls. They don't understand anything about Islam other than "that girl from Egypt in my physics class in 8th grade was really nice to me so clearly all Muslims are this way"

They don't understand that there are more than 20 Muslim countries with laws against homosexual behavior or that in 10 of them those laws include execution. They don't understand that these laws come directly from Islam's holy book. They don't understand that even the most liberal Western Muslim writers like Mehdi Hasan (who in my opinion deserves to be banished from the civilized world) publicly said that gays "lived like animals"
>>
I'm a bi Muslim
>>
>>5965077
I'm an ultranationalist non-interventionist. What do you think about me?
>>
>>5965411
makes sense, islam is THE religion for bisexual pedophiles
>>
>>5965443
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v37-hsnQjw0
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
>>5965490
Great
The third I come out to people
>instant regret
Ps go back to /pol/
Also pedophilia is strictly forbidden (for a good fucking reason)
>>
>>5965583
Muhammad fucked a 9 year old lmao
>>
>>5965583
>forbidden
Yeah because there isn't a ridiculous incidence of young boys being forced into prostituting themselves to sustain their families while their fathers are forced by the caliphate to go to war. You either know that and purposefully ignore it or you know less about your culture than a fucking kafir.
>>
>>5965647
Nice fact m8 where did you get that from? Fox News
>>
>>5965625
Ahhh I see an another illiterate Amerifag who has obviously perfected the art of scripture studies.
>>
Where do you meet these people? All the guys I've fucked hate muslims. Note that women who do that don't count because they're "political lesbians" who just want to vent their hatred towards white men through gay movements.
>>
>>5965664
Actually it's from a video of a guy from Afghanistan talking about how much easier it is to have sex with boys instead of women. There's another one where another guy admits taking part in a gangbang and how it's common.

After that I went out to search study a bit about it and besides finding a couple of incriminating images I found a quote about Mohamed saying how young boys are beautiful.

Again you are either purposefully ignoring or you really don't know anything about your own culture.
>>
Do you amerifags and islamafags even wiki senpai
Same-sex sexual activity is legal in 20 Muslim-majority nations (Albania, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Djibouti, Guinea-Bissau, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Mali, Niger, Tajikistan, Turkey, West Bank (State of Palestine), and most of Indonesia, as well as Northern Cyprus). In Albania, Lebanon, and Turkey, there have been discussions about legalizing same-sex marriage.
>>
>>5965751
Dude I'm not from Afghanistan, a lot of Muslims don't come from or share the same beliefs as middle eastern people. We all know that condition in the Middle East are bad for quite a lot of people, there's no point in denying that there aren't a lot of nut jobs created there due to political corruption and religious retards that cause extremity. But you you need to acknowledge that there are other Muslims who don't condone the same views as for example afghani pedos. Just cuz one fag is turnt by kids doesn't mean every single person of that faith is. Plus do I really need to emphasize that pedophilia is regarded as fucking disgustingg by the majority of Muslims. If you think differently then your not a Muslim.
>>
>>5965583
How many US service men have been discharged for beating the shit out of ME'stern police for raping boys again????
>>
>>5965765
no shit, it's legal to rape young boys. but being a flaming faggot is harem
>>
>>5965801
I don't know that but There is an ongoing problem with sexual assault in the U.S. military which has received extensive media coverage in the past several years. A 2012 Pentagon survey found that approximately 26,000 women and men were sexually assaulted. Of those, only 3,374 cases were reported. In 2013, a new Pentagon report found that 5,061 troops reported cases of assault. Many people are optimistic that this 50% increase in reports is indicative of victims "growing more comfortable in the system." Of these reported, however, only 484 cases went to trial, and only 376 resulted in convictions.Ninety percent of the assault victims were eventually involuntarily discharged. Another investigation found that only one in five females and one in 15 males in the United States Air Force would report having been sexually assaulted by service members.
>>
>>5965765
It is legal in Iraq but that doesn't mean it's easy being gay there
http://76crimes.com/2012/09/28/iraq-has-become-a-death-trap-for-gay-men/
>During Saddam Hussein’s time, gay people enjoyed some liberty and security, and after the US-led invasion, some liberal-minded Iraqis expected more freedom. But the conservative Islamic forces that won power were unwilling to tolerate Western values, including open homosexuality.
Oh wait I forgot /lgbt/ hates Western liberalism and probably would prefer life like that
>>
>>5965814
In terms of extreme views of tards yes
But not in terms of normal people be they religious understanding the needs of other normal people no it viewed as perfectly fine (refer to >>5965765)
>>
>>5965832
I never said that it was easy. Your absolutely correct ;it's just a matter of acceptance which is heavily needed in regions such as Iraq
>>
Oh I think I've come to the wrong place

Just...gonna back away slowly
>>
>>5965814
>chad
>n September 2014, Chad amended its legal code declaring that homosexuality in Chad would be repressed in order to "mainly protect the family and comply with Chadian society.

>Palestine
>same sex sexual activity illegal

>Mali
>98 percent[1] of Malian adults believe that homosexuality is a way of life that society should not accept
>no legal protection

Those are just the few I bothered to search on your list. That doesn't even mention the 20 muslim majority countries that criminalize/execute people for homosexuality
>>
>>5965751
Woah ok...
I think I figured out your research sources
> Amerifag islamaphobic propaganda
>>
>>5965798
>a lot of Muslims don't come from or share the same beliefs as middle eastern people.
Just because a person calls herself christian it doesn't mean he/she is one. Same thing for muslims specially hypocritical ones like you that simply pick what things to follow or not.

You either follow the religious texts or you're a kafir, even worse a muslim pretender. Neither you or the community you talk about get to pick what being a muslim means, Mohamed did and he was extremely clear on things like jihadism, taqiyya and what to do with apostates like you.
>>
>>5965892
Africa and the middle east are certainly not known for their lgbt acceptance. Statistics do not add any more emotional or practical "support" it's just something that's been implemented
>>
>>5965908
>when I don't like it is propaganda
Meanwhile, fucktards like you still pretend that islam is a "religion"
>>
>>5965765
>Same-sex sexual activity is "legal" in 20 Muslim-majority nations
That's just appeasing the west with a bunch of words on paper. Meanwhile there are 20 loopholes which still make homosexuality illegal.
>In Albania, Lebanon, and Turkey, there have been discussions about legalizing same-sex marriage.
Some deluded fag dreaming of western freedom and sharing that with his closet fag friends is not a discussion about legalizing gay marriage.
It's just a hopeless dream of things that will never happen.
>>
>>5965918
Well given that definition, Islam sucks balls but then so does Christianity.

The problem is that you're making this a theological debate, and it isn't. When people talk about "muslims" they mean people from a certain culture, and most muslims themselves are 'culturally' muslim. I.e. they identify with the religion, celebrate the festivals and observe certain rites of passage and maybe do some of the daily stuff (like not eating pork), but other than that do whatever. They don't pray 5 times a day and they've certainly not read the Quran. Like most Christians, basically.

What you're talking about is usually referred to as "fundamentalist islamists" in the popular discourse. Now I'm not saying you aren't technically correct, just that you need to bear in mind how the words are used in the popular discourse even if that's a technically incorrect usage.
>>
>>5965676
you know if you implied Aisha was older than 9 100 years ago you would be stoned for blasphemy

Now that child molestation is taboo all of the sudden that part of the Quran was wrong
>>
>>5965968
>so does Christianity
Doesn't come even close to either islam or catholicism so I can't even complain about it.

The whole religious textbooks is for retarded people who need a holding hand to find their way through spirituality so people who follow them are by definition sheeps.

>When people talk about "muslims" they mean people from a certain culture, and most muslims themselves are 'culturally' muslim
I'm talking about them too, they are ridiculously more prone to have stupid ideals and political stances, that is if you ignore the whole hypocrisy of pretending to follow a religion while conveniently ignoring the parts they don't like.

I abhor ignorant people, so by default I abhor the left, the right, a good chunk of the center, "moderate" muslims, christians and and extremists.

The day that the muslim books stop being a recipe for jihadists is the day I'll accept them entering any western country.
>>
Ok putting forward my opinion was a bad idea. Seems like your only going to listen to what you like to hear. Just because something may contradict your obvious "100%" always true beliefs doesn't mean it's fake or can't happen. We all know that the Middle East and regions like Africa aren't very accepting of the LGBT culture. But this only excludes these stratas from a majority. We need to acknowledge that one stereotype does not generalize a view of many. Let's not forget the many other places that need to correct themselves i.e. Russia. I'm only saying that you seem to have a very broad assumption .
>>
>>5965765
Homosexuality is "legal" in Indonesia. You might not be arrested for it but in some provinces you definitely might be. And you CERTAINLY cannot be open about your homosexuality in public without fear of reproach or even violence. Indonesia is a horribly homophobic country and the fact that you ignore all that because technically it's legal does not mean it is a country where homosexuality is accepted.

I don't know as much about the rest of the list but I assume those countries have similar homophobic cultures
>>
>>5966011
russia isn't trying to infiltrate their agents en masse in other countries so they can take it either by terror or outbreeding the native population.
>>
>>5966019
Just to further illustrate the homophobia of Indonesia, the largest Muslim country on Earth

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/grace-poore/new-outbreak-of-state-hom_b_9191008.html
>>
>>5966025
Neither are other countries you cuck
>>
>>5966026
The reason why chritianity based cultures were allowed to evolve was because a lot of what Jesus said wasn't meant to be taken by face value, and only what HE said counts to christians. Islam doesn't has that, it's stated that none of the books can either be changed (because they are "perfect") or interpreted, as long as those books exist there'll always be an idiot who'll read them and decide to take Mohamed path on life (i.e. jihadism).
>>
>>5966045
Islam IS trying to do what I said though, besides, comparing Russia to Islamic culture is one of the most idiotic things I've heard in all my years on this site.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 500x380
Jesus Christ you islamafags and /pol/ are too much.

We get it some countries need to step up their lgbt tolerance, and that not everyone within a religion or culture is discriminative of the lgbt.
>>
>>5966064
I don't think that's the biggest problem of the islamic culture though.
>>
>>5966064
>islamafags
is this code word for "Islamophobes?" If so I just remember what Hitchens said about Islamophobia- it's a word created by fascists to used by cowards to manipulate morons.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 400x370
>>5966055
It isn't and also I wasn't comparing Russia to Islamic culture. I don't believe that Islam is to blame I think backwards nut jobs and political agendas are influencing negativity. Also social attitudes of Russia are very anti lgbt. Also I was never comparing Islamic culture to anything, your cuck brain has made a broad generalization again. I was comparing lgbt intolerant regional views with that of Russia's as they are similar.
>>
>>5965329
same thing with everything else. they're mostly middle-class whites who live in safe white neighborhoods, so the one or two black people they've come across were the same. it's why they see facts and statistics as racist
>>
>>5966087
Nope islamafags is for the Muslim cucks here
and /pol/ for the Reddit keyboard warriors
>>
File: image.png (443 KB, 318x516) Image search: [Google]
image.png
443 KB, 318x516
>>5966087
>>
File: toris.jpg (9 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
toris.jpg
9 KB, 193x261
>>5966011
>Russia
>one Christian country where there are anti gay propaganda laws but homosexuality is decriminalized
>140 millions Russians
>among 2.2 billion Christians

Compared to
20 muslim majority countries where Homosexuality can be punished by jail, fines or even death
whose total populations add up to around 700 million out of a total muslim world population of 1.6 billion.
>>
>>5963785
the educated ones are fine
>>
File: reaction jared taylor.png (159 KB, 272x268) Image search: [Google]
reaction jared taylor.png
159 KB, 272x268
>>5966064
>need to step up their tolerance
>literally hang gay kids
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 850x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 850x656
>>5966114
Yes because if something is done in that place everyone abides by it because everyone has the same beliefs and are practically the same being beings. According to my dumb idea that formulates a broad generalization every one is homophobic btw no shit 1<20 what do you expect
>>
>>5966093
>comes to a muslim discussion thread
>"I wasn't comparing Islam to anything"
Then you shouldn't be here m8
>>
>>5966128
Well I was only expressing the fact that a lot of Muslims are tolerant to the lgbt. I am bisexual. I was trying to inform people that lgbt tolerance does exist in Islam (BUT OF FUCKING COURSE IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PLACES THAT ARENT). I'm only informing you of something that a lot of people seem to find in real and thats just shitty.
>>
>>5966010
>Christianity
>catholicism
>not understanding catholicism is Christianity

Nevermind I just realised you're an idiot. Stay edgy though *tips you-know-what*
>>5966049
Consider that Quaranists (muslims that follow the Quran alone and reject the more strict Hadith collections, i.e. what the Qurian itself defines as "actual muslims") are persecuded in most "muslim" countries. Their far more modern take on Islam is actively suppressed.

So it's not just about the theology, but about politics as well. The West in mainly democratic, with government that are based on secular liberalism, while Islamist countries are either lacking in democracy (Turkey) or lack it completely. There are also other factors at play, of course; this is a rather complex reason and I myself cannot explain why the Christian world managed to move towards secularism while the Islamic world did not. But I think it's a bit more complex than the books themselves; having read both to some extent, I think they're surprisingly alike.

Consider also that to many Christians, far more than what Jesus said matters. Those who focus on Jesus tend to be more modern and compassionate, while those who focus on OT stuff tend to be more hateful.
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 618x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 618x464
Forgotten about other religions have we
>>
>>5966166
This guy gets it
>>
>>5966166
>not understanding catholicism is Christianity
You must be absolutely retarded to believe that, catholicism goes directly against many of Christ's teaching, therefore it's NOT christianity. You change the definition, you change the label.
>>
>>5966166
>OT
Jesus himself said that the old covenant no longer applied, only his words are valid, ignoring this is ignoring one of the main tenets of christianity.
>>
>>5966185
Yeah I know that believers disagree on this stuff, and lots of truly dedicated believers probably believe that everything that isn't their version of Christianity isn't Christianity at all. But that's just not how the world works - you have to approach these things from a neutral point of view. Catholicism is one of the three major branches of Christianity along with Orthodoxy and Protestantism.

Yes they all believe they are the right one and the others are false and no that does not matter: they all consider themselves Christian, claim to be so, and thus fall under the umbrella term "Christianity". You are free to believe that whatever flavour of it you subscribe to is the CORRECT one, but you don't get to say they others aren't Christian.

It's a historical, cultural and to some degree political label. Not a theological one.
>>
>>5966173
Come post again when jews start throwing gay people off buildings.
>>
>>5966198
Yes, and nonetheless lots of (self-proclaimed) Christians do exactly that. Again, people are confusing different definitions of beloning to a religion. We can split hairs all day going with a theological debate; what one must do, say, believe, etc. in order to be a "true Christian". There is no definite answer, hence so many different versions of Christianity, yet every branch believes - nay, KNOWS, that THEY and they alone know the truth.

But that doesn't matter. My approach was using a cultural/political/historical definition. So you can say that those people who follow the OT too much (esp. when they only care about the stuff abouts gays and nothing else) are doing Christianity wrong - I'd agree with that - but they're still Christians.

And just like you think that they're jerks who got one of the main tenets wrong, so there are muslims with their own more modern and tolerant interpretations who are equally convinced that fundamental islamists have gotten main tenets of Islam wrong.
>>
>>5966205
The reason why catholicism has that name is because it's a heavily modified version of christianity. The point and the people I was referring to when I distinguished between catholics and christians was basically that you have people who follow jesus words directly from the bible and people who follow the catholic church commandments.

Again like I said before, because people CONSIDER themselves something, it doesn't mean they are. If a person goes directly against something that jesus said because he's following a catholic tradition than he's no true christian.

You may say that an apple is a banana how many times you want, won't make it any truer, however.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 800x600
>>5966212
Here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-33726634 it's the same thing and one in many that show violence towards LGBT in Judaism
>>
>>5966239
>Again like I said before, because people CONSIDER themselves something, it doesn't mean they are. If a person goes directly against something that jesus said because he's following a catholic tradition than he's no true christian.

Agreed, but:

1) The same would be true of a muslim
2) Every cult of Christianity think they're the ones who got it right and the others aren't "true christians".
3) Still a theological debate. Interesting, but the real question on everyone's mind concerns the cultural muslims (since they are the vast majority) who may or may not be "true muslims" - and above all, the radical political movements calling themselves Islamist.
>>
>>5966234
>but they're still Christians
So a person that calls himself a Marxist but it's completely in favor of personal proprieties and a free market somehow is still a Marxist just because he calls himself one?
>>
>>5966251
That's very different from a huge group of people watching 10 guys either stone, hang or burn a person you know. He was ACTUALLY arrested, instead of being the "government" in power.
>>
>>5966257
>1) The same would be true of a muslim
correct
>2) Every cult of Christianity think they're the ones who got it right and the others aren't "true christians".
doesn't mean any of them are correct
>3) Still a theological debate. Interesting, but the real question on everyone's mind concerns the cultural muslims (since they are the vast majority) who may or may not be "true muslims" - and above all, the radical political movements calling themselves Islamist.
They still have absurd political stances, and tend to shit up the country they are in.
>>
>>5966258
Great example actually. Yes and no. Most marxists who are believers and orthodox in their beliefs would say no - based on actual beliefs, the words of Marx, etc. they are not. But on the other hand, there ARE some flavours of Marxists that DO support some version of personal proprietry (esp. if one differentiates between private and personal propriety as some do) and even free markets to some extent (though clearly arranged differently than in our current system).

Are they right to call themselves Marxists? Perhaps not, if one defines this by belief. But they are certainly a part of the Marxist discourse. And outside observer, writing on the history, development and internal debates of Marxism would have them labeled "Marxists".

That's the difference - do we go by subjective belief or the objective discourse - the history and development? In the case of religion, we ask ourselves how a neutral researcher of religious history or theology would classify this. Catholicism, due to both history and the self-identity of practicioners, falls under "Christianity" even if a believer might say that theirs is a false version of Christianity.

>>5966283
1) OK we cool
2) I don't think any of them are
3) Indeed, but as you (?) have argued yourself this has less to do with the religion (since few of them actually believe it) and more to do with their cultures and histories. They come from undemocratic countries with oppressive laws and a lack of personal freedoms, and are generally brain-washed by their governments. It's for these reasons they are a problem, not because "they're muslim".
>>
>>5966173
i am jewish and i will say this is true but we do not want to kill them. only make it illegal. in 20 years we will be majority in israel and outbreed seculars that are keeping us from having religious laws.

at least we do not public execute gays like saudi arabia. we just do not want to see gays in streets and do not want homosexual propaganda.
>>
Threads like these are really revealing in just how far the plague of Islamophobia has spread throughout culture because of the media's mass right-wing bias and indoctrination.

Why do people get up in arms about "muh islam" "muh rapefugees" "muh gay executions" when there's violent gangrape epidemics happening in our patriarchal college campuses, right in our own home countries? Where's the outrage over our Republicans enacting sexist laws that infringe on LGBT civil rights, and promoting hate speech in their media? That's not "the mooslims!1!" doing all that - that's WHITE WESTERN CHRISTIAN MALES. That's the real menace here.

It's time we faced the facts: Islam is a religion of peace. And the more we insult Muslims and their prophet Muhammad, the more radicalized and violent they will get towards us in retaliation. It's in everybody's best interests to not criticize their culture through our racist eurocentric eyes - for our own safety.

We can do better than this, guys. It's 2016. Let's stop Islamophobia. Let's stop terrorism. Together.
>>
>>5966393
-9000/10, kys.
>>
>>5966321
What you're doing is, much like them, changing word's meanings to fit your objectives in this conversation, but there is a problem, the second you change a word's definition, you also have to change it's label so you can differentiate between the two types. It's the precise reason WHY those variations have different names.

>They come from undemocratic countries with oppressive laws
Sharia, they come from countries with the Sharia.
>lack of personal freedoms
Because that goes with the agreement of islam
>brain-washed by their governments
Islamic governments.

You are ignoring key reasons why they have a shitty culture.
>>
>>5966421
Again, google Quaranists. You are defining "Islam" as "what they do over there", and defining "what they do over there" as "Islam".

And I'm not changing labels, I'm pointing out that there are different ways to label things, using different perspectives. A religious studies professor, an anthropologist, a buddhist theologian and a catholic priest migh all use not only different labels, but different APPROACHES to labeling (based on faith, adherence to key religious texts, history, culture, etc.

Nor am I ignoring "key reason", I'm trying to ask WHY rather than just settle for the simple answer "because Sharia". Because that "answer" just raises more questions - why did they develop such a strict religious law while the West has not? How did that law come to power? Why does that law differ from the Quran to such a degree that Quranists are persecuted? Etc.

Simple answers are good for rallying people to a political cause. "Muslims are bad because X and Y, lets to Z about it!". Clear and to the point. m not a politician, though, I'm an academic. I believe we have to understand, and in order to understand we must dig deeper and not be satisfied with simple answers that confirms are prejudice.
>>
>>5966421

All those things are just a result of European and American colonialism which disrupted their beautiful cultures based upon the Quran which is perfect. On the other hand, Christian bigotry and oppression is always a direct result of the very real flaws of the Bible and Christians needs to be blamed and shamed for them.

You have to stop generalizing all Muslims. You can't just generalize all 1.5 billion people because of a few ISIS agents. The majority of them are no different than you or I living here in the west. There is no issue or problem at all with having millions of them immigrate here en masse with their old cultural values perfectly intact.

Just like everybody tells us, the more we antagonize Muslims by telling them that their religion of peace is flawed, the more they will rise up and radicalize against us.

We need to stop that from happening by ending Islamophobia at the root. Saying "Oh you muslims stop that!" isn't a real solution and is very disrespectful and bigoted to them and their culture.

It is also life-threatening to say such things, unlike with other religions, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>5966455
So you want to talk about those that follow Quran? Ok
>Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
>Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
>Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."
If they do not follow those verses then they aren't "quranists" either because they do not follow the Quran.

You want the reason why? Because Islam wasn't created as a religion, it was created as an entire culture that encompasses, besides religion, a political system, laws and costumes. The religion aspect is a minimal part of Islam, Mohamed created something to last, he knew what he was doing. His texts involve saying that he was the perfect muslim and his other books go into detail on how he lived.

Problem is he practiced a lot of barbaric acts, even for his time.

Lastly it doesn't matter HOW MANY people approach a subject what it matter is how objectively they do it, a fact is a fact, and the truth is single. People's opinions do not make a difference towards a fact or reality.
>>
Im from an upper class Muslim family.

A lot of my peers and relatives arent outright homophobic that they'd behead you on the spot, its more like they'll completely refuse to acknowledge your existence and erase you from their collective memories.

One of my cousins came out as gay and left home because his parents didnt accept him, and pretty much my entire extended family just dont ever talk about him. It's a bit like how the soviets, edited dissidents out of pictures.

So yeah, if you're gay and support Muslims you're kinda self-sabotaging.
>>
>>5966502

This is an entry level anti-islam post. All those quotes when taken in context refer to a single battle (Battle of Badr), in which the enemies of the newly converted muslims set out to kill them all after refusing to negotiate.

Im not exactly pro-muslim or anything, but please research your so-called facts before posting, bruh.
>>
>>5966594
Jesus dude, I feel for you. Hope you're on a good spot now.
>>
>>5966594
>A lot of my peers and relatives arent outright homophobic that they'd behead you on the spot, its more like they'll completely refuse to acknowledge your existence and erase you from their collective memories.

That's their way of saying they're too scared to pick up a machete because they're afraid they might cut their finger, but they'd gladly let someone else do it for them.
>>
>>5966467

Very subtle. I enjoyed this one.
>>
>>5963720
I don't support Muslims anymore than I support Christians. Here in the USA, they're free to go about their business
>>
>>5966626
Which is wrong.
>>
>>5966607
While those quotes might have been from a specific battle, they are generalized in such a way that they should be applied in any situation.

Also
>Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"
>Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.
Better now?
>>
>>5966611

Why do you feel for me? Im not gay.
I just like to browse this board to look at ugly trannies to gross myself out, so I lose the urge to rub one out.

Im on day 15 of no-fap lel.
>>
>>5966636
You have the weird idea that basic empathy from a gay guy can only be applied to other gay guys. That is IF I believed you weren't in denial.
>>
>>5966644

But then why would you empathise with me at all?
Is it because you cannot imagine yourself being part of a family with such beliefs? Because aside from this, they're pretty normal by western standards.
>>
>>5966668
I can empathize because I can see myself on this situation, must be very hard to be on the closet with a muslim family.
>>
>>5966634

Please read 5:32 and 5:34.

8:12 is in reference again to the battle I mentioned.

Here have some quotes you've probably never seen the sites you browse:

>(60:08) As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably

>(60:09) Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

>(2:256) Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

>(109:1-6):Say: O disbelievers!
I worship not that which ye worship;
Nor worship ye that which I worship.
And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion
>>
>>5966679

Damn, you got me. Brb making craigslist m4m ad.
Is 'Muslim twink yearns for kafir cock in his halal butthole' an attention grabbing title?
>>
>>5966755
sounds hot enough for grindr
>>
>>5966755
Sure
>>
>>5966759

Nah Grindr is banned here in Sweden, its against Sharia law.

Its annoying enough having to use a Russian proxy just to access 4chan.
>>
>>5966738
>do not fight against you on account of [your] faith
>i.e. do not criticize islam
>>
>>5966814

I think its pretty clear that fight means literally physical fighting here if you actually read the next few words.
>>
>>5966824
It really doesn't
>(60:04)"Indeed, we are disassociated from you and from whatever you worship other than Allah . We have denied you, and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone"
>>
File: 1449452609902.png (333 KB, 729x1416) Image search: [Google]
1449452609902.png
333 KB, 729x1416
>>5965160
they vote lefty because the left is who advocates for them
most of them are socially more conservative than the westboro baptist church
>>
>>5966009
lol it's not wrong unless they're a shia
>>
File: 1373391325373.png (139 KB, 308x765) Image search: [Google]
1373391325373.png
139 KB, 308x765
>Expecting a religion founded by a warlord to be peaceful and tolerant.

Historically speaking Christianity isn't great either, but it still took them centuries of persecution and taxation under Muslims and the desecration/destruction of their holy sites before they finally got off their asses, organized, and pushed back their Islamic oppressors during the crusades (even if the higher ups in the church had ulterior motives beyond simple reclamation). Islam has waged an aggressive campaign of subjugation and terror for far longer than any other of its contemporaries, and has continued to do so long after they mellowed out.
>>
>>5967562
>>Expecting a religion founded by a warlord to be peaceful and tolerant.

But of course it is. They just said it on CNN for christ's sakes.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 368x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 368x281
>>5965077
>looking out for your fellow LGBT brothers' and sisters' best interests
>not being submissive to an oppressive, science denying, misogynist, globalist, homophobic, transphobic religion that kills people over cartoons.
Oh yes how far right. You're a retard. Muslims are the farthest right. What part of LGBT are you? I'm FTM, liberal, and even I can see that where Islam goes, as does oppression and cultural destruction at best, physical destruction at worst. Your anecdotal accounts of modern Muslims supporting gays mean nothing because that isn't the reality when it comes to how they treat gay people, especially "their own." Go to r/ExMuslim with that shit, I dare you. They will tell you what it is like growing up in a "moderate Muslim" family. My girlfriend grew up in one of those and it was a nightmare. She was only taken to Muslim doctors, she was told she must always be submissive to men, she was shunned by her entire family when she was discovered to be an atheist. She hasn't seen her little brother (whom she loved) in 3 years. So fuck your bleeding heart, you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>5965243
So neo-Nazis are the only right-wing that matters? Right Muslims influence far more world-politically.
>>
>>5965881
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>5966358
This trip is cancer.
>>
File: Maid_image.jpg (358 KB, 1094x1600) Image search: [Google]
Maid_image.jpg
358 KB, 1094x1600
ITT: Cucks.
Which one of you wants to be my sub?
>>
OP, are you still here?
>>
i rly dont get anybody being religious at all but if you want to be a muslim in your own house and not bother me with it/throw me off a building carry on i guess
>>
>>5967798
>trip
>namefag
check out this retard
>>
>>5967918
Same difference. Sorry I'm not a professional 4chan account owner.
>>
What's defined as "supporting Islam"?

I don't buy into stupid, xenophobic /pol/ memes about teh ebul mooslam hoards, but I don't think that Islam is a "religion of peace" either.
>>
>>5968040
Do you believe that Muslims should be punished with life imprisonment or the death penalty for entering into a conspiracy to kill gays?

If the answer is, for any reason, "no", you support Islam, and should die. If your answer is, "they don't do that," you support Islam and should die. If your answer is, "they don't ALL do that," you support Islam and should die. If your answer is, "the purple flying teapot in the sky told me Muslims are ok!", you support Islam and should die. Regardless of the lie you choose, it means you support Islam.
>>
File: How they really feel.jpg (88 KB, 634x421) Image search: [Google]
How they really feel.jpg
88 KB, 634x421
>>5963720
I feel the same about LGBT people that support Christianity. I mean all they do is quote bible and call us abominations. If we didn't have separation of church and state they'd probably be just as bad as Muslims. Let's not forget Christians have raped a lot of little boys and forced the families to keep silent. Even if you're straight you'd have to be pretty fucked in the head to support a religion that abuses power like that.
>>5965258
If Islam doesn't fit your definition of religion than non of the big 3 should. It's all fairy tales anyway.
>inb4 fedora tip
>>
>>5968253
It's not an either/or type of situation though. Both types of religious people can be hated.
>>
>>5967182
>using stats to bullshit 101
That top graph is absolute bullshit. It's using data from a specific region and very small sample size for this kind of research and projecting it on the entire Muslim population on Earth. It's like me take a sample from a small town in Texas and saying that everyone in the US believes what those people believe. I guess it's one of those cases where people will eat up any data, however falsified they might be, as long as it fits their beliefs.
>>
File: They want it so bad.jpg (108 KB, 634x404) Image search: [Google]
They want it so bad.jpg
108 KB, 634x404
>>5968257
>It's all fairy tales anyway
I'm aware, but just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of OP. It's a bait thread, but seriously going overboard with this bullshit. My family is Muslim and they know I'm gay, and they are cool with it. Religion should be a private matter like sexuality. Practice your religion at home and be as kinky as you want at home. Forcing either on the general public should be a crime.
>>
>>5968263
>"Forcing either on the general public should be a crime."
>equating openly behaving gay outside with brainwashing people with deceitful death cults

Way to finally make it completely obvious that you're dog shit.
>>
[This post requires a 4chan Gold Account to view]
>>
>>5968271
>When speaking of sexuality homosexuality is the only thing anyone can ever mean
Way to prove that your are an insecure faggot. I mean all displays of affection that are overt. That includes everyone not just lgbt folks. I honestly think PDA is disgusting to most people and awkward in most situations.
>>
>>5968325
>Way to prove that your are an insecure faggot.
Wrong.

>I mean all displays of affection that are overt. That includes everyone not just lgbt folks.
You're lying.

>I honestly think PDA is disgusting to most people and awkward in most situations.
You lied again.

Shut up infection.
>>
>>5965258

whet? wtf is it then? a group of chemically unstable people who undergo exothermal reactions every once in a while?
>>
>>5963720
Deserve corrective rape/being thrown off a building desu. They're so stupid it's suicidal.

I used to think that far right faggots were retarded, but being openly discriminated against is nothing compared to being tortured and killed. At this point, the radical right might be the only thing that protects us from the radical left's irresponsible importation of people with violent, stone age values.
>>
>>5966115
pretty much this, alot of the ones here are discouraged from higher education and act like tools
>>
>>5968390
That's the meme they distribute. Then they stab you in the back after they get the vote.
>>
>>5968180
So I support Islam by not generalizing muslims, despite the fact that I think Islam is a stupid religion?

Alrighty then, /pol/ski.
>>
>>5965258
Then what will you use to define Islam?
You're simply hating without knowing
And I'm suprised that there is so much hate for Islam here
You're simply putting your judgement out for the things that you read and listen. That too came out from people who doesn't even understand Islam
>>
>>5966115
Yup
But some simply are too extreme in their beliefs..and that always cause problem
And that
>>
>>5963720
They are traitors who should be publicly executed
>>
>>5965411
Kys Untermench
>>
>>5963720
I'm an ex-Muslim bi girl (living in Saudi Arabia, by the way) and I think they're absolutely ridiculous. Pro-Islam gay person = Jewish nazi
>>
>>5969187

>I'm an ex-Muslim bi girl (living in Saudi Arabia, by the way)

How are you still alive?
>>
>>5969211
I haven't told anybody except 3 other girls who are far-left and hate Salafists and the government. One of them is also gay. There are plenty of gay people in KSA but they're never open about it because it's not safe.
>>
>>5969187
Is your clit cut off?
>>
>>5969253
No, luckily. My mother, aunts, grandmothers were all victims of genital mutilation though. When I was a baby, I was going to undergo female circumcision myself if my mom hadn’t interfered. Female circumcision is optional in Islam by the way. It's not a must, but you may still do it. It's supposed to cut the root of evil and protect your family's honor.
>>
File: CNi890qUkAAS_If.jpg (44 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
CNi890qUkAAS_If.jpg
44 KB, 600x480
>>5963785
>>
>>5969187
I'm sorry you had to live though this, but judging Arabs on Saudi Arabia is like judging Christian though the Westboro Baptist Curch, or judging germans through actual neo-nazis.

I agree that religion in any government sucks, tho. It just happens that Muslims states are very religious. And for the record, to many of the racists here, being of Arab ethnicity is enough to hate them.
Last thing, the fact that you're an ex-muslim shows that anyone can grow out of religion, and hating all Muslims all together is absurd.
>>
>>5966814
That's certainly one way to interpret it. One could also argue that the muslims currently on the run have been 'fought against on account of their faith and driven from their homelands' by ISIS - they are after all muslims being persecuted by a group who does not consider their interpretation of Islam correct, i.e. fights them because of their faith and has driven them from their homeland because of it.

Also, Allah forbids muslims to ally with "those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion", which could be interpreted as muslims being forbidded from aiding Isis.

That's the problem with scripture. There's no truth there, only interpretations. Anyone can play with words, and completely opposing meanings can be gathered from the exact same words.
>>5966679
My cousin was closeted because her family was religious, and had Qurans waved in her face and "demons" driven from her when she got caught kissing another girl. I asked my dad about this, who is an atheist but has studied the Quran, and he says: "I don't like religion at all. But the truth is, my brother didn't do that to his daughter because he's a muslim. He did it because he's an idiot, and if not for the Quran he'd have found some other excuse."
>>
>>5966467
9/10

Take out the last line and it is flawless.
>>
File: Stop.jpg (32 KB, 603x452) Image search: [Google]
Stop.jpg
32 KB, 603x452
>>5969833

Bringing up "Not All Muslims" in a conversation about the evils perpetrated in the name of Islam, many of them justified by tenets within the religion itself, is about as useful as bringing up "All Lives Matter" in a conversation about the disposability of black lives.
>>
>>5969833
Isn't there some newspeak for what you are doing right now? Apologizing, then completely discrediting a person's experience because you believe something different.

>Comparing WBC to Saudi Arabia
>SA population: 28.83 million
>WBC members: 40 (according to Wiki)

Not a fair comparison at all. You should compare SA to a similarly populated christian nation like...
>Peru: 30.3m, 87% christian
>Australia: 23.1m, 61%
>Uganda: 37.6m, 89%

Uganda being the closest to Saudi Arabia, and not surprisingly, had the death penalty for homosexuals until 2014, when it was changed because foreign investors pressured them.

I don't feel like going through the LGBT rights histories of all of the middle eastern/east african countries, though I expect I would find much of the same.

>religion in any government sucks, tho

And that is the issue with Sharia Law, which is completely based on Islamic text. In Sharia Law, homosexuality is a crime, no ambiguity or loopholes (besides, ironically, pedophilia).

Ultimately, it all boils down to the driving factor, something that can be seen in most of the text, which is conquest. Conquest that allowed nations to be established under Islamic Law. Conquest that spread the religion across the globe. Conquest that inspires ISIS fighters to this day. It is this that separates Islam from Christianity and Judaism. In my opinion, Islam is long overdue for a reformation but I don't know if thats possible with the Quran.

>And for the record, to many of the racists here, being of Arab ethnicity is enough to hate them.
I really don't see what that has to do with anything, but I'll bite. Your "Racist" hate Arabs because the people behind terrorist attacks are usually Arab and Muslim. Unfortunate for the non-terrorist Arabs since they get to experience the brunt of the social backlash. Even more reason to distinguish themselves from "classical" Islam.

But that has little to do with being gay. Homophobia is not like Racism.
>>
>>5969833
Last thing
>Last thing....
You may be able to change your belief system, but you can't change the culture you were raised in.

>hating Muslims all together is absurd
Hating any individual based on stereotypes is absurd. Doesn't matter what group that individual comes from. Hating a group based on stereotypes, however, is not surprising or uncommon.
>>
>>5969833

Every time.
>>
>>5970118

>Isn't there some newspeak for what you are doing right now? Apologizing, then completely discrediting a person's experience because you believe something different.

I swear there is, but I'm drawing a blank. Progressives seem to do this kind of thing a lot though.
>>
>>5966358
I thought jews were supposed to be educated.
>>
>>5966594
They sound like they would actually be happy if he killed himself.
>>
>>5972882
educated doesn't mean brainwashed by leftist propaganda
>>
>>5972954

But I thought it was your guys' propaganda to begin with!
>>
>>5972882
Look at this typical leftist response. You think only you are intelligent and your lifestyle choice is correct. It is common trait of leftist to have unwarranted self importance. Anyone that disagrees with your sickness you attack ad hominem.
>>
>>5974663

Go back to gunning down Palestinians, rabbi.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.