[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/ 04/02/cure-for-hiv-repor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 478x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 478x720
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/04/02/cure-for-hiv-reportedly-3-years-away.html

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>5961212
time to slut it up
>>
>>5961212
Science is mad cool
>>
cure for gender dysphoria when?
>>
>>5961224
There already is one, it comes in bullet form and it's applied directly to the brain.
>>
They always had the cure
>>
>>5961212
3-years until phase 1 testing and then it's up to 10 months there, up to 2 years for phase 2, up to 4 years for phase 3, another year in phase 4, then another 10 months in the fda review process.

Yeah I'll check in on this in another decade when it's actually newsworthy if it's still around, and given success rate of biomedical startups and the success rate of drugs passing fda approval there's almost no chance this "cure" will happen.
>>
File: smaggio.jpg (7 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
smaggio.jpg
7 KB, 229x220
>"The new technique is called Crispr/Cas9."
>new
>new

>bacteria literally use this mechanism for billions of years
>new
>>
>>5961224
The day we get a cure for homosexuality. They're probably going to remove gender dysphoria from the DSM due to political correctness very soon.
>>
>>5961262
>Because they totally wouldn't fast tract a legitimate cure for HIV.
You fuckin mook
>>
>>5961282
Why would they? Pharma companies would love it if there was never going to be a cure, just to keep their steady HIV meds income.
>>
File: 1424987325124.jpg (13 KB, 196x178) Image search: [Google]
1424987325124.jpg
13 KB, 196x178
>>5961212
Oh, look, another potential cure for hiv.

I'm sure this will be the one and that it won't be never heard of again like it has already happened dozens of times.
>>
>>5961403
nigga please
all the cure attempts so far were just sad desperate measures to try to antagonize the effects of HIV by blocking its machinery or its enzymes which HIV can easily circumvent by adapting to that causing the ol' famous drug resistance.

this method literally uses one's own immune system to snip the functional part of it into pieces rendering it completely useless.

at least read the article first before you jump to conclusions, bro
this is the real deal i'm telling you brah
GOAT HIV cure 2017
>>
>>5961277
>>5961403
>I may not know how to read but I have cartoon reaction images!
>>
>>5961282
They don't do that with HIV cures. There's already been quite a few that have tried and failed the approval process.
In order to qualify for faster approval there has to be no alternative treatments (like with ebola and zika)
>>
File: depressed+toad.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
depressed+toad.png
80 KB, 500x421
>>5961281
>tfw gay lobbies will probably protest if science discoveres cure for homosexuality
>tfw radical gay activists will eventually pressure pharmaceutical companies from releasing the cure
>tfw you will never get to live normal life
): feels bad
>>
>>5961281
like what happened with gays
>>
>>5961224
it's called HRT, hun
>>
>>5961510
Boo hoo

Accept yourself faggot
>>
>>5961281
i doubt they will remove it from the dsm
>>
File: hue.gif (137 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
hue.gif
137 KB, 340x340
>>5961212
So the world will end in the next three years? God can be an ass sometimes.
>>
There are still other nasty STDs
>>
>>5961212
>foxnews
You fucked up.
>>
>>5961510
See ya at Pride, homo.
>>
File: 1454275424510.jpg (24 KB, 233x331) Image search: [Google]
1454275424510.jpg
24 KB, 233x331
>>5961212
>Cure a disease that's almost exclusive to third worlders and degenerates
>Don't bother fixing any of the real problems
Humans were a grievous mistake.
>>
File: 300px-Titan-arum2web.jpg (70 KB, 300x405) Image search: [Google]
300px-Titan-arum2web.jpg
70 KB, 300x405
>>5961403
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_moss

Look into this shit, nature might have already made one.
>>
>>5961212
nice rubber suit, where did it come from?
>>
>>5961486
Anime is not cartoon. Cartoons are an American animation style. Calling a Japanese animation style cartoon makes no sense at all.
>>
>>5964507
It's worth it due to the huge cash influx. The money will go toward new research.
The cure has always been looming on the horizon for big pharma simply due to money worries. The market is getting flooded with 3rd world generics and the companies producing them do less research than western pharmaceutical companies.
If we don't find a cure then countries like China and India will continue leeching money out of that market as they push north America and Europe out. Getting a cure before those countries do is immensely important for science in western countries. It would bring in billions of dollars of profit in a very short time frame and the success would catalyze an immense amount of new research.
>>
>>5961399
this
world is driven by money, not utopian good wishes
>>
>>5961212
Imagine that time before HIV being back, I don't like it.
>>5961510
You can't cure something that's not a disease, much less change a personality trait.
>>5962022
This, they should be more worried about hepatitis and gonorrhea super strains.
>>
>>5970112
>you can't cute something that's not a disease
Mental illness?
>>
>>5970163
Most mental illnesses have not been cured, we only have treatments available. Actually I don't think any mental illness has ever really been definitively cured. Things like antipsychs, antidepressants, etc aren't cures for anything technically.
>>
>>5961399
this is a stupid conspiracy because the bosses of pharma companies and their friends and family members are not immune to hiv
>>
>>5970212
>
>>
>>5961399
>Pharma companies would love it if there was never going to be a cure, just to keep their steady HIV meds income.
If they don't, then someone else will.
When that happens, not only will they be unable to sell their HIV meds, they won't be making any profit of the cure.

If there's one thing companies dislike more than loss, it's seeing someone else take the profits from right under their nose.

The only way a company can keep a cure away from the public is by discovering it, patenting it and prohibit others from producing said cure.
In that case all it takes is one man to reach the news to completely fuck over the company's name and public image, something they will never recover from.

Sure they'd love if there is no cure, but they can't stop a potential cure from happening without suffering a near fatal blow.
>>
>>5970447
It doesn't really take one person. Generally the way it works is you need an investor as well and that investor will pressure to sell to any big pharma company that bids on your startup company. The cost of getting a cure from research to production with fda approval can cost hundreds of millions of dollars, this isn't a one man operation.
There's really no risk in not researching a cure up until the point when generics are absolutely swamping the market, which will take quite a while yet. Actually even then in north america and europe pharmaceutical distribution is pretty controlled and pharmaceutical companies make deals with insurance companies and doctors to ensure their brand-name meds are sold rather than a generic one.

There's some pressure on big pharma to find a cure, but it's still a long ways out yet.
>>
>>5970485
>There's some pressure on big pharma to find a cure, but it's still a long ways out yet.
But saying they're doing absolutely nothing or are actively preventing a cure from happening is conspiracy level, since that's too detrimental to the company in question.
>>
>>5961510
Christianity and Islam has a shit load of money. I'm sure they'd sponsor the drugs.
>>
>>5961510
>implying gay lobbies/activists will have any power when an actual 'cure' will be found
People have no ethical qualms when it comes to treatment of homosexuals. Never had and never have.
If there's a cure it will be administered and we won't get to have a say in it. Right to self-determination be damned.
>>
>>5961399
Their are many rich gay men who love to have sex with as many men as they want without having a death wish.
>>
>>5970736
The market for antiretrovirals brings in over $20bil/year in profit. Nobody is that rich.
>>
>>5961399
Or they charge out the ass for it.

See Hep C and Sovaldi.
>>
>>5970811
This is the most likely thing.
Antiretroviral drugs will become much cheaper than the cure.
>>
>>5961212
I know a guy personally working to find a cure and he says we are really close to it but the problem is that most people are researching the wrong things

from what I understand, the way he wants to do it is pretty simple
you kill the macrophages that hold the virus and they get replaced almost instantly while on the current treatment for aids
>>
>>5961212
Hepatitis
Gonorrhea
Herpes
Syphilis
Chlamydia
HPV
etc

I swear to god if you faggots keep on giving us a bad name I won't even have the patience to leave your beatings to our slapheaded völkisch jackboot warriors.
>>
>niggers and revolting sluts will stop dying
"oh that's just great."
>>
>>5961212
I'd rather have a cure for baldness

If you get HIV, usually it's because you made unsafe choices with yourself. You can mitigate HIV with PRep even if you do.
>>
>>5961212
>3 years away
We've already had the cure since the beginning when the government decided to test it on fags and Africans.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.