[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being gay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: chicago+pride+parade+edit.jpg (201 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
chicago+pride+parade+edit.jpg
201 KB, 1200x675
Hi GLBT community,

Were you gay from birth or was it a choice that you made later? I have been wondering this for a while now (straight male) and was hoping that a few of you could share your personal experience or If you know someone's personal story you can shed light from that also.

If you could post 1) M/F and 2) if you chose or were born that way. A story is not needed but welcome =]
>>
File: 1439954015439.jpg (422 KB, 928x930) Image search: [Google]
1439954015439.jpg
422 KB, 928x930
>>5960542
>GLBT
>>
>>5960542
I'm a gay male. I don't think I ever really chose. All of my first fantasies were always about guys and I always enjoyed anal play since I was really young as well.
>>
>M
>Choice

Ever since i was like 2 I liked girl penis.

Kinda my fault I guess
>>
>>5960552
Why is that problematic? My apologies for the mistype. I was honestly going to post this on /soc/ but then I looked at the other communities up top (since I don't really browse 4chan anymore). Instead of being an ass you could just not respond.

>>5960554
Thank you for sharing!
>>
>>5960567
Thank you =]
>>
>>5960570
He was kidding. Or at least I think so.

Supposedly LG instead GL sounds better phonically as an acronym which is why it's used, but LGBT activism and the community sprang up by gay men primarily, so it's why others start it with G. HOWEVER, lesbians and transgender people feel like they're on the backburner.
>>
When did you choose to be straight OP?
>>
>>5960570
Fuck you breeder piece of shit
no one wants you here asking retarded questions you could have found millions of answers for after 15 seconds of googling
>>
>>5960619
Not OP, but this is a terrible question to ask. Heterosexuals who are unsure as to whether or not it is a choice may think that everyone is a default heterosexual, and that some people choose homosexuality for whatever reason (rebellion, to be cool, etc.).

Also:
>M
>Born (or at the very least, not a choice)
>>
>>5960608
Honestly that would make more sense but I understand the whole phonically thing also. And hopefully it was a joke. I was going to say that sarcasm is hard to tell on the internet but then this lol >>5960619

>>5960645
I am not sure why you are so mad at someone you don't even know. Here there is actual people that are more likely to respond and not lie. I figured that I would get the most truths from here instead of google.

>no one wants you here
I don't believe that

>>5960650
Thank you kind sir, you made my day =]
>>
>>5960704
i hate all straight people

sexuality war when
>>
I think I was born with the inclination, but closer to bi than full gay. My experiences shaped who I am and even if I wanted to be straight (I kind of do for the simplicity) I can't do it. In that sense I wasn't technically born gay but I didn't choose it.
>>
>>5960711
okay, well either way it doesn't really bother me I just don't understand that mindset.

>>5960732
hmm, interesting. Thank you for your input!
>>
>>5960542
Being gay is definitely not a conscious choice.

I don't think anyone knows whether gayness is the result of genetics or trauma.
>>
>>5960542
1) M
2) happened as a natural part of puberty. Hard for me to accept.
>>
>>5960542
Nobody knows exactly why some people are gay.

The general consesus, though, it is that it is the result of both predisposition and enviromental influences -not necessarily bad influences like rape or trauma.

It's certainly not a choice. I realized I was sexually and romantically attracted to other men when puberty hit me at around 12. Looking back, I can realize I had fixations on other men at even younger ages, but at that time I wasn't developed enough to understand them or even notice they were against what most kids felt.
>>
1) Male
2) To be honest, I don't really know. I was born in a rather harsh background towards homosexuals in general. I remember as a kid, everyone hated them. So for me to think I was gay was completely out of the question. So I don't really remember if I ever thought like that as a kid. Though I did have a few girlfriends in High School.
I do know that when I was in High School, there was this gay kid I was friends with who I experimented with. Though to be honest, I don't know when that really started.
>>
>>5960542
>Male, Gay, didn't choose who turns me on and didn't choose who I fall in love with.

If you want an idea of what it's like to be gay, then think about your own hetero sexual preferences (like if you're attracted to Asian women, breasts, red hair, etc). In the same way you've never chosen those proclivities, gay/bisexual men have never chosen their own attractions.

That said the only people that I could consider have made a choice to be effectively gay/lesbian are political gays/lesbians. They're bisexual/heterosexual/asexual people that swear off the opposite sex due to their own misogyny/misandry/ideology/etc. and declare them selves gay or lesbian as a sort of protest. Political lesbians are more common than political gay men due to things like certain feminist movements and sexual health concerns with having sex with men.
>>
>>5960542
1) F
2) You aren't born gay. A child isn't aware of sexual attraction before they hit puberty. So you merely grow to an age where you realize what you're attracted to and that's how you know you're gay or not. Although you might be urged in one direction depending on how you were raised/what you were exposed to.
>>
File: 1332371824320.jpg (18 KB, 622x474) Image search: [Google]
1332371824320.jpg
18 KB, 622x474
>>5960542
>Intentionally putting G first, with B and T last
>>
>>5960542
>M
>Not a choice
Honestly I just started liking dick at some point
>>
>>5962275
>A child isn't aware of sexual attraction before they hit puberty.

Most guys don't have enough dick to jack off with before then : )

Can't really speak for girls.
>>
>Male

Being gay is an identity. There is no such thing as being born "gay" as nobody knows you are gay until you tell them. I have had same sex attractions from a young age, but to this day I am not gay because I have chosen to reject that lifestyle.
>>
>>5960542
I'm a guy and i have grown up around straight girls my whole life and I've been almost been raised as a girl, and then when I got into puberty i ofcourse got interested in boys because that's what everyone around me was doing. So maybe I'm gay because all of that but i dont care. Born gay or not idgaf.
>>
>>5960542
Simply put its not a choice your just attracted to who you are attracted to. Some just try and deny it due to social or family factors and that's why they come out later.
>>
>>5960542
I've never been interested in boys and on my pre-teen years the mere idea of kissing one irked me. And I confirmed it to be disguting at the age of 14.
Thoughts about actually having sex with women began at 13. Since I don't recall nothing that could've influenced me through it(I didn't heard much about homosexuality), I truly believe it wasn't a choice.
>>
>>5960542
1)m

choice
>>
>>5963314
I'm pretty sure you're gay, m8
sorry
>>
>>5963612
Yeah I am guessing >>5963314's probably a Christian that buys into the "sinful gay lifestyle" meme.
>>
Since i'm 12 i think
I noticed girls in my class were way too cute compared to boys
>>
>>5960542
M
Speaking for myself it most definitely is not a fucking choice, I really wish I wasn't gay.
>>
>Were you gay from birth or was it a choice that you made later?
In my case it doesn't seem like either one. I was attracted to guys starting at 9 years old and didn't even know it was possible to like the same sex until it happened.

It just happened and hasn't changed, even when I tried really hard to make it change.
>>
>>5960542
It was a choice I made later even though I am actually straight.
Because no female will ever love me. So I now go for dudes so I don't die alone.
>>
>>5960552
Does anyone else want to be Anita's bf and have her tease you about how problematic you are and have her give you feminist literature to read?
>>
>>5962275
I'll agree that children aren't aware of their attractions, but speaking from personal experience, there are definitely signs in early childhood of what your attractions and fetishes will be later on (just feeling like you "like" certain things more than normal).
>>
>>5963314
lol

I mean are you able to enjoy sex with women? If you can then you're probably bi. If not, well, why don't you just have the type of sex you enjoy?
>>
>>5960542

I'm not a clear gay, i'm bisexual who prefer guys. And I have been full of woman's care, not man's one (my dad didn't express a love to me) so I'm in need of boy love
>>
F
asexual
definitely not a choice.
>>
>>5963624
i'm not religious

being gay is a decision and a lifestyle

some people don't want to choose it
>>
>>5960542
M.
I don't know if it's a choice or not, but I don't ever remember making one.

I only tried to masturbate to the fantasy of being with the prettiest girl in class once because I thought that I, as a perfectly normal horny teenager, was obliged to do so.
Never felt I something as unsatisfying and tremendously boring and tedious as that.
It took tremendous effort to even get it halfway up.
That was my first experience with the phenomenon called "heterosexual love" and I sincerely couldn't understand why people were so vivid and joyful about their straight crush when I felt absolutely nothing with mine.

And then it slowly dawned on me that I was attracted to boys instead of girls. Hit me pretty hard for a day or so because I didn't want to get bullied for being gay or being seen as less a person, but other than that I didn't view my faggotry as negative. It was simply a part of me as much as my arms and legs.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.