[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it a sin to be gay? I was doing research on the whole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 200_s.gif (42 KB, 372x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
42 KB, 372x200
Why is it a sin to be gay? I was doing research on the whole Sodom and Gomorrah thing and Lot's daughters ended up raping their dad and both getting pregnant. What gives?
>>
Well, Samaritans were believed to descend from Lot's daughters, and since Israelites fucking hated Samaritans they just threw a little shade at them in their holy book.
>>
Why are you expecting consistency in a religious text? Jesus fuck
>>
>>5958343

Because ancient civilizations like the Hebrew Israelites needed to procreate, in order to keep pace with other tribes. Homosexuality, particularly the open gay culture from Rome, threatened the social order of an oppressed minority. "Gays" were not even an oppressed group in biblical times.

The more poor and undeveloped a country/culture is, the lower its tolerance for homosexuality. The Torah and Bible are books written by slaves who were trying to reproduce their way to world domination.
>>
>>5958353
wow this actually makes alot of sense the more i think about it
>>
>>5958343
the story of sodom and gomorrah has nothing to do with homosexuality
those cities were destroyed for reasons other than having a bunch of faggots in them.
>>
>>5958353
Rome did not have "gay culture". While it is true that men had sex with men, getting fucked in the ass as a grown man would lead to you being stripped of your rights as a Roman citizen.
>>
>>5958353
>The Torah and Bible are books written by slaves who were trying to reproduce their way to world domination.
As draconian as the old biblical laws are (death for adultery etc) they're pretty fucking good if all you're concerned with is pure survival.
>>
>>5958353
Finally someone who gets it.
>>
>>5958343
It isn't, only Paul and Leviticus cite the whole homo thing and neither of what those two said apply to christians. That said, catholics are not real christians since they follow many things that the church does and goes straight against what Christ said.
>>
>>5958375
This

God loves you no matter what

Inb4 flak for being somewhat religious
>>
>>5958713
This is also reflective in the non-mixed fabric the forbidding of people eating pork or drinking potentially poisoned wine from the enemy.

But transpose it to modern stuff, you just have a bunch of fuckheads opressing everybody because they were abused because they were opressed because they were abused.

>>5958672
Rome did not have a gay culture, but they had lots of slaves and fucked them/sold them into prostitution.
>>
File: image.gif (423 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
423 KB, 400x300
Sin isn't real. It's a word created to label things rulers don't want their subservient class to do. There is truth that most things deemed as "sin" do hurt the human community as a whole, and are justifiable logically. However, any ordained retard can propose ideas of sin based on poorly translated, vague texts, and ideas spread like wildfire. Being gay doesn't hurt the community until the majority of humanity is gay, and our population begins to decrease. But that just my opinion i guess. Frankly IDGAF about humanity.
>>
Regardless of the other forms of deviancy in the city, homosexuality is part of sexual immorality because it's ultimately lust based sex.

Straight sex can be free of lust because it's can be done by a married couple for procreation free of lust, lust is the sin, homosexual sex is lust based regardless of whatever romance you attach to it.

Homosexuality is also considered sexual immortality, and stated explicitly not to do it often in the bible, it's not just just in Sodom and Gomorrah (who had male prostetutes)
>>
>>5959339
>God loves you no matter what
All religions have a concept of sin, assuming you belive in god, he always has a path to him, to disobey god is to ignore his warning in the concept of sin.

>Inb4 flak for being somewhat religious
>inb4 someone corrects me!
>>
>>5958343
>Lot's daughters ended up raping their dad and both getting pregnant.
>What gives?
Um, incest is also explicitly stated not to do in the bible..
>>
>>5958343
I don't really know but have y'all ever been on the black illuminati Christian side of YouTube, it is the worst cancer I've seen. They have the most autistic theories about shit and it always involves lgbt, Illuminati and the devil
>>
>>5958343
>Why is it a sin to be gay?
Because in Leviticus it said that having sex with another man is wrong.
practically all other biblical scriptures about sexual immorality implicitly refer to that.
>>
>>5959506
>straight married people have sex for procreation and not lust
>this is what theists actually believe
>>
>>5959609
I think it's kinda cute anon thinks this way
>>
>>5959599
>Because in Leviticus it said
>practically all other biblical scriptures about sexual immorality implicitly refer to that.
It's said in other places, not just Leviticus http://christianity.about.com/od/Bible-Verses/a/Bible-Verses-Homosexuality.htm

>>5959609
>>straight married people have sex for procreation and not lust
>>this is what theists actually believe
Wrong, i said

>Straight sex can be free of lust
>Can

Obviously many don't, but that doesn't change that sex for procreation can be free of sin.
>>
File: 288257.jpg (100 KB, 552x570) Image search: [Google]
288257.jpg
100 KB, 552x570
>>5958353
>>5958713
The daily eye opening I get here. Legbutts never let's me down.
>>
>>5959522
Bruv, most religions don't have a concept of sin. The abrahamic religions are all based on it, but most Eastern religions have no concept of sin and a lot of the pre-christian western religions don't have sin either.
>>
>>5960893
yes, you're right, i thought you mean the biggest religons like sikihsm, islam, buddism, judaism.
>>
>>5958375
No fair quoting other parts of the Bible (Ezekiel: "The crime of your sister Sodom was pride, gluttony, arrogance, complacency; such were the sins of Sodom and her daughters. They never helped the poor and needy. "). You gotta read just the parts that let you hate somebody else and build your opinions from them.
>>
>>5959609
If you have sex only for procreation, you are behaving like many lower animals do. Bacteria exchange genetic material with no feelings of love involved. Humans CAN even use sex to build bonds of caring and joy that make a relationship last until death do us part, rather than just until the procreating years are over. What's amazing to me is that their are Christians who are arguing that marriage isn't about a couple having spiritual love for each other, but just for making children.
>>
>>5961536
>implying christians aren't careful of other sins
>Christians are not suppose to hate you, even if you're a sign of the times.
>Christians are here to disapprove of your orientation for it's lack of moral standard.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.