[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How little self respect must you have to come out to your parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11
File: 1451928399765.jpg (629 KB, 2943x2155) Image search: [Google]
1451928399765.jpg
629 KB, 2943x2155
How little self respect must you have to come out to your parents as gay or trans? I can't help but fucking cringe at the thought.

Do these people lack any sense of shame?
>>
>Hey mom and dad this is my boyfriend of 6 months
>What? Your gay?
>Ya I didn't tell you because I have too much self respect.
>>
>>5952219
>How little self respect must you have to come out to your parents as gay or trans?
No.

>Do these people lack any sense of shame?
Yes actually. You don't feel ashamed of who you are so you come out. That is the point. Cringing in a corner eternally and trying to keep your spouse somehow on the DL 5eva is what somebody ashamed of themself, with no self respect, would do.
>>
File: PCprin.jpg (4 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
PCprin.jpg
4 KB, 160x90
>>5952219

>What? Your trans?
>I don't have to answer that shit. But you do have to call me Nicole from now.
>>
>>5952236
No, someone with self respect feels shame. If you have no self respect you feel no shame. It's quite simple really.

Closeted people are actually decent, normal people. Those out of the closet are shameless freaks.
>>
>>5952240
>The people with self respect are the ones who purposely live a horrible, damaged life in fear of anyone seeing them for what they are
lmfao ok bby
>>
>>5952246
Yes. They aren't delusional hedonists that only care about getting their dick wet.

I'm a better human being than you are, that's already established. What I am struggling to understand is the rationale of someone who tells everyone that they are proud to be gay or whatever.

Do these people have some sort of complete fucking lack of self-respect? I just DON'T get it.
>>
File: deweyconsider.jpg (4 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
deweyconsider.jpg
4 KB, 259x194
>>5952255

Some people think that what they look to do on the bedroom is as relevant as what they like to do at say a sporting rec center.

Some people make their sexuality their personality, while some people view it the same way they view their preference to play football but not baseball.

Because the latter are hardly being oppressed the former feel compelled to demonize these people.

I'm a 70/30 gay/bi guy with a strong peference for guys. Literally the only people who know are my immediate family and the guys I choose to sleep with.

Some people say I have internalized homophobia I view it the same way I view the fact that I don't go around flaunting the fact I play magic the gathering. Its just something I do for fun.
>>
>>5952270
Why does your close family know? I don't understand that part.
>>
>>5952276

I never told them but it's a they know, they know I know they know, they know I know they know I know they know kinda deal.

It's never formally been acknowledged by either party but everyone knows that everyone knows.

I'm lazy with my laptop and my mom is a nosy bitch.
>>
File: RyansbrotherfromtheocIDingbait.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
RyansbrotherfromtheocIDingbait.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>5952270
>gay is something that you do for fun and is NOT about who you are.

This is homophobic.
>>
>>5952270

Also just more info.

I do plan on finding a girl and starting a family with her. She would have to be ok with me getting my bottom needs on the side. I understand this is hard to find but I want to have kids and I want them to have a mother.

Also I don't plan on telling my kids until after they reach sexual maturity, and only if I find a reason to do so. I don't want what I'm into to bias them while they are children/teens.
>>
>>5952305
>ryansbrotherfromtheocIDingbait.gif

I like your sorting methods.
>>
but we all go on 4chan, including you.

i think that's worse.

you can be a tranny or a faggot and do something with your life, but when u lurk this site? you know ur life is sad.
>>
>>5952355
lmao nothing is worse than being a faggot/tranny
>>
File: Steve0's Dog.jpg (93 KB, 755x696) Image search: [Google]
Steve0's Dog.jpg
93 KB, 755x696
I told my parents because they fucking love me and I knew they would support me no matter what kind of person I am.
They put up with my suicidal shit in primary and secondary school. They were/are fine with me smoking weed, as they knew I was smart enough to not do other shit like a fucking retard.
I don't go out clubbing, getting pissed up retarded and high as shit on some random drug my friend bought me, every week end like a lot of people my age as a result.
I have always been very open about my feelings and emotions and situations. I share every last detail with them and they have never turned me away or not been supportive of anything. So why wouldn't I tell them that I don't like being a boy?
As a result of "how little self respect" I have, I now have estrogen and T blockers, as well as a better relationship with my parents as they finally know WHY I was so depressed as a kid.
I fucking love my parents, they are safe as fuck, and have always been there for me.
I wouldn't turn my back on the most supportive people I have ever known, in a major turning point in my life. That's just retarded.
Also >>5952238
Fucking kek
>>
>>5952538
Lmao.
>>
File: 1457310332965.png (57 KB, 453x306) Image search: [Google]
1457310332965.png
57 KB, 453x306
>>5952219
>Dad, I'm trans
>Do you think we're fucking stupid? You've been wearing your mothers clothes around the house for 10 years. Don't act like it's breaking new.
>Fucking transphobic why can't you accept me for who I am dad
>>
>>5952498
you could be a trump supporter
>>
>>5952219
I have no self respect and that's why I came out in a drunken haze
>>
>>5952219
ITT: OP rationalizes fear of coming out.
>>
>>5952270
Hah, I guess you must agree with the typical morons who call being gay a life style.
>>
>>5952717

>agree

what wut?

I'm trying to say that I view my sexual preferences like how i view my tv preferences or my video game preferences. It's just a recreational thing.
>>
>>5952315
So are you ashamed bc of the attraction to men? Or is it because take dick up the ass? I know Im ashamed of it. I came out years ago and dont really talk about sex openly bc it centers around me being submissive. At least that is my history. Things got better for me when I stopped trying to get fucked all the time. Its still hard not to want it but Im just saying your sex life doesnt 'have to' revolve around butt stuff.
>>
>>5952778

It's not that I'm ashamed of it it's just like why put something on me when I don't need to?

It's like a jew walking out of his mansion and going into the ghetto.
>>
>>5952219
I came out. It was pretty intense during but I played Journey afterwards and it really helped me destress.

Now my mom asks when I'm gonna get a boyfriend instead of when I'm gonna get a girlfriend so I guess nothing really changed.
>>
>>5952538
;_;
>tfw exact opposite relationship with parents
>tfw they will never accept you as their daughter
>>
>>5952731
A fetish or a preference isn't the same thing as sexuality for fucks sake. Sexuality is deeply ingrained in your neurobiology, there are no neurological markers of a fetish or a preference. Sexuality is decided when your brain develops in the womb, hormones simply act on pre-existing pathways after that. It's not a simple preference like playing baseball. This has nothing to do with letting your sexuality define you. You would not be mentally healthy without a healthy sexual life, you can't say the same thing about playing video games or playing basketball.
>>
>>5952913

>Sexuality is decided when your brain develops in the womb

Thats not entirely true. I could take 10 straight people go back in time hide them in my basement and grow 10 fucked up faggots.

Yes sexuality is deeply ingrained in your neurobiology. But so is having downtime, hobbies activities etc etc

Obviously baseball is not required but it does fill this need.

Obviously yes there is a difference between ones sexual orientation and what TV shows they watch. All I'm trying to say is that I'm not going to act any differently then if I was fucking vaginas in my free time instead of sucking dick.

Also I don't even have any desires to date guys.

I guess if you wanted to get super technical I'd be heteromantic, homosexual. But for what ever reason I can't have this life without people calling me in internalized fag suffering from faggophobia
>>
>>5952676
More like I try to understand the degenerates that "come out".
>>
>>5952219
>come out
EWW STOP FLAUNTING YOUR SEXUALITY IN OUR FACE
>don't come out
HOW DARE YOU NOT TRUST US WITH YOUR INTIMATE AND PRIVATE SECRETS YOU UNGRATEFUL CUNT
>>
>>5952965
>But for what ever reason I can't have this life without people calling me in internalized fag suffering from faggophobia

Well if you didn't go around calling people degenerates for choosing to let others know why they aren't following social marital norms, maybe we'd be nicer to you.

Faggot.
>>
>>5954074
This

Coming out (at least to your parents) is totally valid since it has very important implications for them.
If your child was gay would your prefer them to keep it hidden from you until they're independent at which point you can't influence them?

Troll thread with same shit bait
>>
>>5954137
If my child had half a brain he would never come out before being independent, because he'd be out if the house before you could say 'faggot'
>>
>>5954161
Yeah. Don't get coming out to parents before you're out and self-sufficient unless you're very sure they'll be at least mildly supportive. Trans, but why risk being kicked out, homeless, unemployed, and exposed? Gotta have some security.
>>
>tfw out as trans and my parents love and support me
:)
>>
>>5952270
>>5952315
>70/30 gay/bi guy with a strong peference for guys
>I do plan on finding a girl and starting a family with her
sad
>>
>>5954137
>LOL EVERYONE IS A QUEEN LIKE ME OUT AND PROUD BABY

die die die
>>
This discussion only pertains bisexuals, especially since they only fuck the same sex without dating. Their sexuality then basically becomes just a dirty fetish and it makes no sense to talk about it.
>>
>>5952219
I don't really understand what you're getting at here...

like are you upset that people come out, or are you upset that people are gay?
>>
>>5956234
I am gay. I'm not upset at anything. This thread is just me trying to understand how little self respect an individual must have to tell society that they are a faggot.
>>
>>5957133

Do you think straight people that loudly proclaim in public their sexuality and the sex acts they performed or plan to perform also have no self-respect?
>>
>>5954224
Same but I'm poor and they're also poor.. so nobody wins in the end.
>>
>>5956154
That's not true. I'm biscum and I've been with my boyfriend for almost six months now. I've never been in love with someone like this ever before. You're just bitter and being an asshole.
>>
>>5957133
okay, so what would you do in the situation where you bring your boyfriend home to meet your parents or get married or whatever the fuck situation where your parents will find out that you are into dudes?
will you just act like you don't know what they're talking about?
or, lets assume you are married, and a coworker invites you to hang out and they say
>hey anon, come over for a bbq this saturday, bring your SO
and you do and they're like oh, you're gay?
will you just bury your head in the sand?
>>
>>5957267
>making your parents suffer
>implying not only another faggot would invite you anywhere
>having a bf when 99% of gay relationships are a farse
>>
>>5957326
>being a coward about being honest with people you want to respect you
>displacing your own failures on others because it makes you feel better to think everyone sucks at life as much as you
>thinking so little of others that you love
>>
>>5957346
>ruining your parents' life because of muh respect
>implying any sane straight person wouldn't rather not having to deal with faggots if they could
>implying gays aren't cheaters and most gay""""""relationships"""""" aren't open
>>
>>5957357
>implying my parents aren't shit sucking idiots
>implying everyone I know hates me for stupid reasons
>implying that because you were cheated on we all do it

dude I'm from Texas and I don't have it so bad. I'm sorry about what happened to you but do yourself a favor and suck it up. Life doesn't have to be so hard
>>
>>5957326
>making your parents suffer
please elaborate
>implying not only another faggot would invite you anywhere
what? The majority of my friends are straight and we hang out all the time... sorry if you don't have any friends
>having a bf when 99% of gay relationships are a farse
citation needed/all this projection
>>
>>5957326
>>5957357

Who hurt you bby?
>>
>>5957141
No because being straight is perfectly normal and healthy and encouraged in every society on earth because it's healthy human behaviour.
>>
>>5957267
I have too much self respect to "have a boyfriend". I have sex with men on the down low, sure. No way do I actually engage in the lifestyle more than that though.
>>
>>5957357
>>5957326
Based.

This is exactly what I also think. Good to see not everyone here is a pathetic faggot that hates their parents and just throws their entire family under the bus for hedonism.
>>
>>5957651
>>5957660
look at this pair of sad, sad cowards
>>
It must be really sad to have parents who don't love you, OP.

I'm sad for you.
>>
I don't get it, are you all ironically pretending to fall for the bait or are you actually THIS easy to troll?
>>
>>5958287

Little bit of column a, little bit of column b, newfriend.
>>
>>5954161
Any parent that would abandon a child for reasons unrelated to safety and health for themselves or other children is unfit to be a parent.
>>
I'm like gay. Even though I dont want your fathers cock up my ass.

I'm like "bi", but no one believes boobs and child bearing hips makes blood flow to my penis. Oh well.

Shame? About what? Penis's and shit?

It's for eating
>>
>>5952219
>>
>>5952219
>How little self-respect must you have to foster a good relationship with your parents?

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>5958260
Look at this pathetic degenerate. Hope you get beat the fuck out of by some homophobes on the street.
>>
>>5958319
Any human being that admits to their father that they get fucked by other men in the arse has no shame.
>>
>>5952219
Well, they'd learn anyway?
No need to hide anything like a child...
>>
File: 1440339711886.gif (994 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440339711886.gif
994 KB, 500x500
>ridiculous b8 thread
>people still reply seriously
Is /lgbt/ the most gullible board?
>>
>>5952219
>bitching about self respect
>uses an image of drake on a Korean paper doll making forum
Lol okay senpai
>>
>>5959063
>lol closeted people don't exist best just call it bait hahaha!!!

Die.
>>
>>5957357

you are so fucking sad. OMG I thought I had a sad life. Thanks for making my day a little better :D
>>
>>5957357

>my son's gay.................OH NOOOOOOO HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO MUCH
>>
>>5958665

That only happened to me once. They paid. Still praying for the next time.
>>
>Posting about how repressing your homosexuality for your parents' sake makes you a better person
>On /lgbt/
>The 4th gayest board on 4chan
Nice bait, senpai
>>
>>5959699
>4th gayest board

Are the first 3 /b/, /mlp/, and /v/?
>>
>>5959618
t. Underage degenerate that doesn't understand what goes through heterosexual peoples minds
>>
>>5959734
Well we have /fit/ /fa/ /hm/ /r9k/ and /a/ too.
>>
File: 1458928323516.gif (2 MB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
1458928323516.gif
2 MB, 230x250
>>5959857
/lgbt/, the 9th gayest board on 4chan
>>
>>5959876
Slightly ironic when we're supposed to be the containment board for rampant faggotry.
>>
>>5959876
/trash/ and /c/?
Make it 11.
>>
>>5958319
I won't be the father of a faggot. If he's a faggot then he's not my child.
>>
>>5959982
You won't have children anyway so no worries.
>>
File: 30303318.jpg (63 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
30303318.jpg
63 KB, 300x300
>>5952219
>>
W-what? Why should I feel shameful about telling my parents that I am trans?
>>
>>5960073
I just find it interesting how some people can actually tell their parents that they are a faggot/tranny. To me that is the most cringey, pathetic thing I could imagine.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.