[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to break out of my shell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1414913256820.gif (15 KB, 345x363) Image search: [Google]
1414913256820.gif
15 KB, 345x363
About to go to a gay bar. I thought it would be fun at first, but from the pictures I see online, it's a bunch of dudes in leather, and it's in downtown Atlanta so it's packed shoulder-to-shoulder.

How do you deal with this? Is there any more laid back place in Atl that isn't so hectic and party-oriented? What do I do, just get a drink and watch television for a while?

Halp
>>
>>5951308
I was in your same position awhile back. If you have any gay friends take one with you. Not just for safety but a friend can help you break the ice and not look like a loner looking for dick
>>
>>5951313
Not op but would help me out,
I have no gay friends its just me vs the world. wat do?
>>
>>5951313
No gay friends, nobody knows I'm gay. I knew like one single gay guy in high school but I was a dick to him, and I really regret it now.
>>
>>5951324
>>5951325
Depends on your attitude. If you do well in big groups and don't have a problem talking to people you don't know you'll be fine. If you're awkward in big groups then best thing I can tell you to do is practice. Remember they they don't know you so if you're not confidant just pretend and they won't know the difference.

Also watch your drinks, had a buddy of mine get roofied once but we took him back so he didn't get raped
>>
>>5951391
Jesus, man. I'll watch out.

Well, I'll give it a try. Never gone on anything social or tried dating before, I'm pretty late on the train here.
>>
File: Polly vs ZA WARUDO.png (56 KB, 1208x296) Image search: [Google]
Polly vs ZA WARUDO.png
56 KB, 1208x296
>>5951324
>me vs the world
Yeah good luck
>>
>>5951413
The more you do it the better at it you'll be. I learned how to be conversational from grindr of all places. The guys who give one word replies suck but I learned how to get them talking after a lot of practice. Basically find something they like or have and ask them about it. My mom always used to tell me "People always love talking about themselves" so if you ask a lot of questions and keep them talking it'll feel more natural

Yeah roofies are a blight but it happens at both gay and straight bars. I've only seen it once so I'm not saying it's common or that it'll happen, but just be aware of it
>>
>>5951308
Is it the Atlanta Eagle?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.