[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have any other trans people meticulously studied body language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1332439968924.jpg (51 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
1332439968924.jpg
51 KB, 440x330
have any other trans people meticulously studied body language like i have? for example, emulating even "minor" behaviors like only crossing your arms a certain way, changing how you hold yourself when you walk, etc.

have other people noticed? have your parents pointed it out? what's the hardest to emulate?

share with me famalam
>>
>>5947939
noo, cuz im boymode and people would think im a fag
>>
>>5947939
of course. i never got how people wouldn't just study body language to have others perceive them the way they want them to
>>
File: AudreyHepburn.jpg (31 KB, 461x400) Image search: [Google]
AudreyHepburn.jpg
31 KB, 461x400
>>5947939
WHEN IN DOUBT PINKY OUT
>>
>>5947939
don't ALL lgbt have an acute awareness of mannerisms and the respective genders that they are associated with? like i'm sure most dykes realise from a young age that sitting with their legs spread is unfeminine and gays understand that limp wrists are an identifiably feminine feature or whatever. most lgbt people, even the unintelligent ones, have even a rudimentary grasp of this kind of thing because the majority of them have to work to conceal it to a certain extent. given what i've just said, i'd find it VERY hard to believe the trannies to whom gender is everything don't meticulously study/aren't already aware of body language and mannerisms
>>
>>5948101
Well, I'm not. Changing body language won't change my body.
>>
>>5948107
no, but as someone with the intention to pass i'm sure you'd have a nuanced undersanding of the mannerisms of the gender you're trying to emulate. or is 'acting ladylike' not important to someone who wants to pass as a female?
>>
>>5948145
it's not important. I want to act the same way as ever-like me, not like a "lady"-while looking as close to biological female as possible, due to disphoria.
Roleplaying won't make my life any better.
>>
File: B7K5H4AIUAE96yA.jpg (78 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
B7K5H4AIUAE96yA.jpg
78 KB, 600x590
>>5948169
>Roleplaying won't make my life any better.

I see.
>>
>>5948200
/thread
>>
>>5948059
shut up you pathetic crossdressing dude

>>5948101
most trannies on 4chan are autistic so yeah of course they couldn't understand social conventions
>>
>>5948101
consciously, i'm not aware of my mannerism unless i'm told that's too girly or something as a guy, which i would then remember to refrain from doing that around those people who complained. i might have picked up stuff imitating feminine figures from the media but that's not done consciously to pass, but similar to say, you learn how to do something you have never done before by watching others doing it, that kind of thing.

>>5947939
the only body language i modified consciously through practice was how to walk and stand. i was like \ / and gradually changed to / \ . not tripping myself was quite a feat in early stages, especially in wet surfaces. no one commented on that other than 1 male who was an ex-co-worker.
>>
That feel when you were pushing "manly" all your life and when you transition you get to just stop and be yourself with natural mannerisms.

I thought this was pretty common.
>>
File: 1446794849390.png (6 KB, 309x246) Image search: [Google]
1446794849390.png
6 KB, 309x246
>>5948245
>i was like \ / and gradually changed to / \
>>
>>5947939
Isn't having opposite gender mannerisms and behaviors a staple of gender dysphoria?
>>
>>5949472
not if you have even a modicum of self awareness
>>
>>5949472
Maybe until you get teased mercilessly for it for years.
>>
>>5947939
Not from a sexual/gender viewpoint but I've studied it. I worked for a guy who was big on body language and that's how I got interested. Once you realize what other people perceive in body language you can use it to your advantage.
>>
>>5948959
hey! it's not related to passing!

i've noticed how black men walk and stand who are like appealing their big dicks like this

front

\ /
\ /
\ /

back

and i don't want peeps to pay much attention to my junk down there anymore so i trained in reverse and now i walk mostly

| |
| |
| |

and stand

front

/ \

back

still got felt up by an old man in boy mode though -__-;
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.