[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FtMs with PCOS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: bearded lady.jpg (85 KB, 366x488) Image search: [Google]
bearded lady.jpg
85 KB, 366x488
I noticed that there were a few FtMs who had PCOS, and I'm just wondering, as someone who has been questioning their gender since puberty as a result of having PCOS, do you think that influenced your view of your own gender?

I keep wondering if the reason I'm questioning is because I actually like the thought of being able to grow facial hair and excess body hair and being more manly (deeper voice and such), or if it's because I just don't feel like a proper woman because of it.
>>
File: 1430695961651.jpg (27 KB, 243x207) Image search: [Google]
1430695961651.jpg
27 KB, 243x207
>>5946251
>mfw want to be mathc4mathc gay
>can't grow beard or body hair
>there are people born female who can
>>
You should ask /ftmgen/, since thats where we hang out.
I have it but I am unsure if it related to it or not, since PCOS did not affect me until puberty and I already had trans issues before that. Being that my hormones were so up and down, it probably contributed. It was just a very confusing and physically painful time since I went through like, half male/half female puberty and had no idea wtf was happening to me.

Never grew facial hair before T though, but was hairy as hell and gained muscle from doing basically nothing. I had a boy's body with tits and vag.
>>
>>5946251
I am ftm and I am pret. I have body hair and it's pretty horrible pain wise. I don't know everyone's opinion on getting a hysto. I think you have to be on t for life if you get one.

I think it didn't have that much to do with my identity. Some ways, yes, but I kind of knew something was wrong prior.
>>
>>5950858
>I don't know everyone's opinion on getting a hysto. I think you have to be on t for life if you get one

nah
that's just if they take out your ovaries; the uterus doesn't produce estrogen last I checked
>>
>puberty
>more body and facial hair than I think is normal
>"girls don't have this"
>"i'm a girl"
>"i'm a normal girl"
>develop trichotillomania
>become wise to trans shit 8 years later
>hair doesn't really bother me now
>but I still get anxious as hell unless I pull it out
And that's the story of all the scars on my jawline and stomach.
>>
>>5946251
i read a study once, that a lot of ftms get misdiagnosed with pcos, when really, ftms just have naturally higher test levels, even before hrt
>>
I'm pretty sure I don't have pcos but I had some masculine features pre-transition, and I don't think they really contributed except as a small part of why I decided it was worth it. I always had a bit more body hair, but it didn't really bother me as much as it should have. And I have a male digit ratio, if you subscribe to that meme.
>>
>>5951534
PCOS just seems relatively common and it causes higher T levels. If a female has high T levels she should first get checked for it.

I don't know how my doctors missed that, despite years of complaining about how awful my periods where and was just shrugged off. I didn't learn that I had it until I was getting checked out in preparation for going on T and my doctor was surprised by my levels. No surprise I also had ovarian cysts.
>>
I don't think I have PCOS, but I know unspecified uterine disorders run in my family and my grandma, aunt, and great-aunt all had to get hystos, and I have painful periods that can bleed for months on end and stop abruptly for months on end
What infuriates me is nobody in the family elaborates on why they had to get their uteruses pulled out besides "irregular periods" like come on, there's gotta be more to it than that.

I doubt a doctor is gonna pull out a perfectly fine uterus without drilling you about the "what if you want more kids" bullshit.
>>
>abnormally high T levels in all the women in my family
>two sisters have PCOS but I don't
>mother has breast cancer, sister had cervical cancer
>I am a lesbian, some dysphoria sometimes
>stopped having periods for some reason
>been lactating
Can someone work out what this means?!
>>
File: 1296081807807.jpg (42 KB, 800x529) Image search: [Google]
1296081807807.jpg
42 KB, 800x529
>>5952393
It means you gotta see a doctor holy shit
>>
>>5952428
I'd trust a diagnosis from a Korean wood chip filing board more.
>>
>>5952393
>>stopped having periods for some reason
>>been lactating
High prolactin

>some dysphoria sometimes
From my personal experience this is also high prolactin (not caused by but greatly exacerbated)
>tfw anytphysotics turn you into a tranny
>>
>>5952522
What kinda experience do you have? Any sort of source to back it up?
>>
>>5952526
By 'personal experience' I literally mean it was correlated in my case, anecdotal evidence basically
>>
>>5952551
Then that's retarded to even act like it might be a factor.
>>
Lose weight. PCOS is a fat female disease, like Type II beetus.

get the fuck up, go for a jog, and your PCOS is over
>>
>>5952713
Doesn't stop you being infertile.
>>
>>5952723

some people are genetic dead ends. oh well.
>>
>>5952564
This is an imageboard with randomly solicited advice, pretend to be a big bad grown up somewhere even more moronic than here (you logic is cringe level crap)
>>
>>5952713
really? maybe i should get fat
why wouldn't an ftm want pcos
>>
>>5952713
Not necessarily. I only started gaining weight after I had already developed it. My sister who was skinny pretty much her entire life has it as well and is still treating it. I think it's actually pretty common in the family.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.