[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GLBT to LGBT why was this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: GLBT_Official_LOGO.png (358 KB, 1217x1342) Image search: [Google]
GLBT_Official_LOGO.png
358 KB, 1217x1342
GLBT to LGBT

why was this allowed?
>>
>>5946174

It rolls off the tongue better.
>>
p.s. was this a case of think of the women?

>>5946182
holy fuck, it does.
>>
GLBT sounds weird to say. Too much like BLT I think

Idk if that's the reason but it might
>>
>>5946174
It looks like a Dorito chip
>>
>>5946174

Feminism.

To be equal you have to put women first.
>>
>>5946213
How does "gay" = "female"?
>>
>>5946174
LGBT is accurate ordering from least to most degeneracy
>>
I personally prefer BGLT
>>
Shouldn't it just be HBT? AKA:homosexual, bisexual and transsexual. Q could prolly be added as well for all the non trans GNC and tumblrsexual snowflakes.
>>
>>5946174
It's easier to say el gee bee tee than gee ell bee tee because you don't have to delineate two separate syllables that end and start with similar vowel sounds.
>>
>>5946174
Why are L and T even there? Lesbians are just gays and trans people aren't relevant to a group centred on those of alternate sexual orientations.
>>
File: 1454121189230.jpg (28 KB, 331x319) Image search: [Google]
1454121189230.jpg
28 KB, 331x319
>>5946174
Because feminist agenda trying to take over men with homersexuarl life style and to turn them into women if they like gril stuff
The deconstruction of man

(I'm being ironic by the way)
>>
>>5946182
BLTG: Bacon Lettuce Tomato Guacamole
>>
>>5946174
because it recognizes that gays are certainly not as oppressed as any of the others (it really should be removed, but that's another question)
>>
>>5946174
LGBT: Two Round letters neatly enclosed by two angular letters

GLBT: Oh shit nigga wtf are you doing
>>
File: 1456767278205s.jpg (9 KB, 159x250) Image search: [Google]
1456767278205s.jpg
9 KB, 159x250
>>5946174
>Good Luck, BaiT
>>
>>5946951
plus, most trans are straight so
>>
>>5948026
this is so autistic
>>
File: look_at_this_dood.png (16 KB, 457x467) Image search: [Google]
look_at_this_dood.png
16 KB, 457x467
>>5949044
no
>>
Queer is a better word to refer to LGBT people than any LGBT derivative acronym.
>>
>>5949184
Even though I agree, not everyone self-describes as queer, and you'd have a lot of resistance from that.
>>
>>5949184
That's like saying the NAACP should rename themselves to "Niggers"

Some black people call themselves niggers, not all
>>
>>5949716
I take your meaning, but the words gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender were all chosen by straight people as well, and all used originally as slurs as well. They're just a little more passive-aggressive then queer is, as amazing as it is, that it's possible to be any more passive-aggressive then that. If you want to claim that we should define ourselves, then we should actually get around to doing that some day. You know, maybe sometime in the next 100 years at least.

Usually, I just call LGBT people "human" and straight people "dog shit." That's how I've redefined myself.
>>
File: doritos-spicy-sweet-chili.png (191 KB, 334x483) Image search: [Google]
doritos-spicy-sweet-chili.png
191 KB, 334x483
>>5946174
well thanks for ruining my diet, time to buy a bag of these
>>
>>5946174
Gynocentrism. Everything is always about the wimmens.
>>
>>5949716

You gotta draw the line somewhere dude. Black people get called and call themselves black because, well, they're black, regardless of the specifics that differentiate them. Did you know that not all black people have African ancestry? There are lots of American Indian and indigenous people who are by most judgments and metrics black.

You can be as granular with your personal identity as you want but there comes a point where it's just useful to have a word to refer to non-cisgender/heterosexual people as a group, and queer is really the only one that's been adopted on any collective scale.
>>
>>5950488
I used to like using queer because of the "differing in some odd way from what is usual or normal" definition. Since it's pretty well accepted by even most straight people that what's "usual" and "normal" is complete and utter rotten maggot infested baby shit, I liked pointing out that I'm not "usual" or "normal."

But I just noticed that straight went ahead and gave queer a different, uglier, more Christian definition, so I won't use it anymore, since that would just make me shit like them.
>>
>>5946197
flamin hot!
>>
Anti gay lesbians/feminists getting involved. They should really get kicked out of GBT. They have lesbian privilege and don't deal with homophobia.
>>
>>5946174
The vaginal jew strikes again
>>
>>5946197
It looks like the 90s.
>>
>>5946616
right?
tell that to the feminists
>>
File: this shit again.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
this shit again.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>5946951
>>
>>5950537
queer's not bad

it's a lot easier than going through the list of

>lesbians
>gays
>bisexuals
>trans
>asexual
>intersex
>all the other smaller ones that are somewhere in between and aren't straight
>>
>>5946174
Should have been GBTL instead.
>>
Gay men have aids. That's why
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.