[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you give up on a relationship so you could transition?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: 1451660756056.jpg (124 KB, 658x800) Image search: [Google]
1451660756056.jpg
124 KB, 658x800
Would you give up on a relationship so you could transition?
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 601x601
I did. It held me back an extra 4 years in my transition.
I'm so much happier now though and have a new boyfriend who loves me (currently mid transition) so it all worked out in the end.
>>
No I'm not a mentally ill freak of nature
>>
File: Hitler's_long_face_-_sad_face.jpg (77 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Hitler's_long_face_-_sad_face.jpg
77 KB, 1600x900
>>5944557
Yea you right
>>
>>5944556
How much better is your life now?
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 376x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 376x407
>>5944551
I'm not giving up on the lie I've built.

It's what I'm used to. Where I feel safe.

It took time to build this armour. I'm not giving it up.
>>
>>5944551
>relationship
>implying
like how do people even do that

but yeah i'll be giving up on any hope of a future one, so you could look at it that way
>>
File: 1453711278037.jpg (57 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1453711278037.jpg
57 KB, 600x476
>>5944551
I once loved someone who knew about my desire to transition. They were completely fine with it, but I couldn't be with them at the time due to school. I started dating a guy who went to my college. Was super sweet to me until I confessed to him my desire to be the real me. Couldn't date the other guy who accepted me because he was taken when we broke up. I started to transition soon afterwards and have been doing well for 2 years now. It's not an easy road, but honestly? Do it. Give up on it and go for it. You cannot be with someone who'll never love the real you. Though I am sad I missed an opportunity to be with my one true love, at least we're still in contact and I am who I always wanted to be for so long.
>>
>>5944669
Thanks, I think I'm gonna go ahead and end it.
>>
>>5944706
well, becareful. Yes, it was worth it for me, but maybe not for you? Do you love this person?
>>
>>5944551

Not that I have ever had a relationship, but I would give one up to transition.

>>5944556

Were you dating a woman before?
>>
File: 46067145_480mw_p14.jpg (278 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
46067145_480mw_p14.jpg
278 KB, 480x720
>>5944551
Not really have to take female hormones and hope it just doesn't disgust him if you're fem to begin with.

Too uncomfortable without meding.

But I'm sure not going good to call myself a girl, talk lime one or any of that shit. Maybe he'll let it slide if it's no great differencem then...
>>
>>5944556
Nah, another guy.
I should probably mention I'm FTM, he basically said he wasn't gay so he would leave me if I did. So I stuck it out for a while and repressed.

>>5944579
Quite a lot better. I finally feel confidant in myself now anyway, whereas before I could tell most of my self worth came from my partner because I thought of myself as utter garbage/hated myself.
>>
I did. No regrets.
>>
>>5944551
I tried, twice. Both times he kept coming back to me and begging. It got to the point where he put aside his feelings and is letting me transition without contest, and since that was the only problem I had, I went back to him.

I know he still has a problem with it, and I know it won't last forever, but I'm just gonna see how long he hangs on for. He had the chance to go and be happy, so if this relationship is what he wants, then I'll give it to him.
>>
thatfeelwhen.org
>>
>>5944594

>tfw one of your Chad brofriends will never realize you're really a girl
>tfw he'll never start mixing HRT meds into your protein shake
>tfw he'll never offer to buy you lunch and take you out to buy you something
>tfw you'll never start hiding your breasts from him which you don't know the cause of, but you like too much to get rid of
>tfw he'll never joke about you getting softer and girlier and make you blush
>tfw he'll never stay the night at your place after you initially hesitate
>tfw he'll never come up behind you and start kissing your soft, supple neck; his muscular body dripping wet in nothing but a towel after his shower
>tfw you'll never get to pretend to resist him to keep up pretenses, and eventually even the desire to pretend melts away as you feel your body getting hot and your breathing changes to panting
>tfw he'll never take your girl virginity
>tfw you'll never be his woman
>>
>>5947011
I'm straight and why did this give me a semi
>>
>>5947019

Because it's hot whether you put yourself in Chad's position or anon's. Which are you though?
>>
>>5947011
Fuck, iktf!
>>
>>5947125

>tfw he'll never take responsibility for making you fall in love with him
>>
File: A1380276594761228_4.jpg (135 KB, 1140x760) Image search: [Google]
A1380276594761228_4.jpg
135 KB, 1140x760
>>5947334
>>5947011
>tfw you will be out with friends and have your first realization about how cute he is when he's all cocky and confident
>tfw he starts excluding you from being one of the guys but still invites you out
>tfw he always reserves the spot next to him for you
>tfw you start to notice his strong jaw, his forearms, his shoulders, his chest
>tfw the whole world just seems to disappear and suddenly you realize you've been fawning all over him in public
>tfw you can't help but laugh at every stupid joke or sarcastic comment he makes
>tfw he gives you the one arm bro-hug from the side, your head is now resting on his chest, and you realize how much weaker you are than him, but you feel so safe and at peace.
>tfw he comes over and pretends he had a bad day and just wanted someone to be around, you want to cheer him up by making him dinner, and while he's waiting he turns on a romantic movie but pretends it wasn't on purpose.
>tfw you fall asleep in his arms on the couch

I need to get laid.
>>
>tfw he gives you the one arm bro-hug from the side, your head is now resting on his chest, and you realize how much weaker you are than him, but you feel so safe and at peace.

aww now i miss my ex =(
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.