[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So. I did it. Ordered my Spiro and Estradiol. Now, I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 284x177
So. I did it. Ordered my Spiro and Estradiol. Now, I've been doing my research, but if you kind folks can help me out any more I'd sure appreciate it.

Been exercising a lot, lost 20 lbs so far, maybe another 20 to go. I know estrogen makes it a little harder to lose weight, but how much? If I'm burning more calories than I consume, I'll lose weight. That's just physics.

Smoking. Trying to quit. Wish I could just vape or use gum but as I understand it it's nicotine itself that's the problem. How much does it increase health risks, really? I could just start a daily aspirin regimen to help cut down the risk while I continue to try and quit. How much does it impede feminization?

Drinking. I'll usually have 3-5 drinks, maybe 1-2 times a week. Not really an unhealthy amount in general, but how do hormones affect this?

Is taking the Spiro for a month before starting the Estradiol really necessary? I mean, I know in general it's unwise to start two drugs at the same time, so that you can tell which is causing what side effects, but a whole month? And won't I be exhausted and miserable that whole month with no t and no e to replace it?

I have questions and I like to understand why I do what I do, but make no mistake, I'm committed to doing this right. Thanks /lgbt/, looking forward to your advice.
>>
You aren't a woman. You'll regret doing this to yourself
>>
Weight is hard to lose on estrogen, but that's because fat starts depositing in places that didn't have any before. Just do your healthy thing and you'll see results. An emphasis on leg/glute exercises would help you in the end.

The drinking is probably okay, but cutting back would help. Don't take your pills with any alcohol. Try and have your last drink a few hours before you take any hormones.

You gotta quit nicotine entirely. Nicotine DRAMATICALLY increases your risk of blood clots, and can make it harder for your body to process the hormones. If you're self-medding, and not having blood work done, you can't risk it. You don't want to die from DVT.

I couldn't really say about the spiro first, but it's kind of hard on your liver for the first few weeks. If you're deadset on starting them both at once then try to keep it to one beer a night or so, at least for a while.
>>
>>5944540

Keep losing weight.
Stop smoking
Stop drinking
But the spiro thing I dunno but you probably won't be "exhausted and miserable" though.

>>5944543

Unhelpful plz go
>>
>>5944549
I will be getting blood work done, just looking for as much info as I can get. Maybe this is just the motivation I need to go cold turkey.

If the spiro is hard on your liver I can just not drink for a while when starting out. Not a problem. Really just looking more for the rational behind the full month wait that's generally recommended.
>>
>>5944540
>spiro
you poor dear
and drinking and smoking with it? just fuck your shit up fampai
>>
Im not a tranny just femboy hormones etc

I didnt quit smoking because i work. I stopped smoking during the week but i'd still have 5 a day on the 3 days a week i worked. Havent noticed anything getting worse.

I also drink with friends a lot. Its easier to over-do it, but mostly fine. Just chill OP
>>
>>5944602
not everyone can get anything better than spiro
>>5944625
this
i've been vaping and drinking and i don't see any interference, maybe some shit in blood but who cares, if i die of blood clots it only makes it better because then i won't have to live like the rest of unpassing degenerate scum here.
>>
>>5944679
OP here.

Honestly I think I'd rather pass AND live...Was really just looking for some numbers, or studies, something more specific than 'increased risk'. But given that I'm not getting any of that, and that I've been trying to quit anyway, I think I'll just go the safe route.

Now, as for my other questions - light to moderate drinking while on hormones? Is it just the liver risk we're talking here?

And the month delay between starting AAs and E - purpose, etc? Just allowing your liver etc to get used to one thing before you throw in another?

I feel like I keep asking the same things but not getting much useful info. I'm not here looking for excuses to make unhealthy choices, I'm here looking to better understand WHY the healthy choices are healthy.
>>
>>5944693

You should till the morning/day crowd comes around, there's usually some educated anons who know a bit about this stuff.
>>
>>5944540
>I know estrogen makes it a little harder to lose weight, but how much?

When I stick to my diet losing weight isn't much different, just a bit less comes off each week. The problem since starting e has been actually sticking to that diet. It's become so much harder to resist that snacking impulse. Buy pickles at costco if you can. If you're taking spiro, you'll be glad you did, also only 5 calories each and they're fucking delicious.
>>
>>5944679

What do you mean by better than spiro? I'm self-medding too and people said spiro would be an amazing t-blocker. I don't feel any side effects.
>>
>>5944540
You can smoke on HRT just fine. I've been smoking a pack a day since I started like 2 years ago. Only got 1 blood clot and it passed through my heart just fine, I mean I collapsed and thought I was having a heart attack and was in the worst pain of my life, but otherwise it was fine.

Quit being a pussy and smoke up.
>>
Take some Trenbolone. 50mg every other day.
>>
>>5946873
cypro or bica, both easily obtainable for selfmedders
anything better than those will be harder for selfmed/no insurance
>>
>>5947056
Thanks!
>>
>>5944693
Get the hell out of here and get some real help. Not joking. Even reddit is 10x better than here. At least they provide evidence and medical studies to back up their assertions.
>>
>>5947550
>>5944693
scholar.google.com

if you want something done to your specifications, do it yourself
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.