[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I would like to ask a couple of questions to the feminists of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: ADAL.jpg (33 KB, 370x277) Image search: [Google]
ADAL.jpg
33 KB, 370x277
I would like to ask a couple of questions to the feminists of this board: Multiple question for

Do you think transgenderism affects the cause of women and the goals of your activism?

How do you feel about transgenders trying to pass as real women and participating in women's issues discussions?
>>
>>5875211
there are no feminists here
>>
>>5875211
>Do you think transgenderism affects the cause of women and the goals of your activism?
Yes, it inherently broadens the discussion on gender and forces us to consider what exactly it is, as well as highlights the socially constructed aspects of it.

>How do you feel about transgenders trying to pass as real women and participating in women's issues discussions?
Loaded question, as it A) assumes transwomen are NOT "real" women and B) exludes transmen. But I see no problem with it; feminism ought to be inclusive of everyone regardless of gender (yes, that includes cismen) and deal with issues of gender from all perspectives.
>>
>>5875277
>assumes transwomen are NOT "real" women
Come on now.
>>
>>5875295
Whether they are or are not is a discussion I am very willing to have, and it is an important discussion. This goes especially for how we define "real" womanhood - genetics, phenotype, lived experience, social role, psychology? But just outright assuming it in the question is just lazy. And a fallacy.
>>
>>5875295
Either present an argument or gtfo and take your smug bullshit response with you
>m...m...muh chromosomes
Gender is not biological. An MTF who looks like and acts like a woman is going to share the same experiences as someone who was born with a vagina, so clearly she should be included in the whole 'feminism' thing.
>>
File: tumblr_nqw65wjmR51u9o7gzo1_400.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqw65wjmR51u9o7gzo1_400.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>5875211
>feminism
>>
File: 1428011528452.jpg (164 KB, 696x966) Image search: [Google]
1428011528452.jpg
164 KB, 696x966
>>5876229
More relevantly, chromosomes are just meiotic structures. They aren't relevant to sex development, autsome genes do, they make phenotype. And medical transition is supposed to alter phenotype.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.