[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I came out to my parents about being a mtf transgender person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 852x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 852x478
I came out to my parents about being a mtf transgender person a month or two ago

My mom and dad flipped out when I told them and started bombarding me with questions I couldn't answer

To give some background I come from a Christian family who doesn't believe in lgbt or understand it for that matter

Some of the questions/statements they asked me were (and I won't say Wichita one said which I still love them and understand they were in shock)

When did this start?
Who put this in your head?
You never shown any signs of this before!
It's a sin and unnatural. And you shouldn't have to give in to it.
Are you gay? (I'm bi)
Tell me the exact moment you said I want to be a girl.
I looked it up you still haven't shown any signs! (I'm just a good actor I guess)
Why don't you just go dress up like a girl?
Your the most butch girl I've ever seen.
Do you believe in God? (Idk)

We haven't talked much since those first 2 weeks. Yes we still live in the house I'm still in school

They want to talk again but I don't know if I know what to say. Do you have any advice?
>>
>>5922832
How old are you? Assuming you're 18 or over, just reaffirm that you are an adult and you are doing what you know is best for you. Be prepared to end up on your own and try looking for cheap housing now just in case.

If you are under 18, at least take solace in the fact that no matter how they respond they legally can't kick you out.
>>
I'm 20 and of a mostly clear in mind as clear as my adhd allows me and this has been on my mine for about 5 to 7 years
>>
>>5922895

And the main problem at home I can't do anything to make myself more feminine.

And HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ANSWER ALL OF THOSE QUESTIONS?!

How am I supposed to tell mom I tried on her clothes?
How am I supposed to tell her the only FUCKING way I've been able to masturbate was to put myself in the place of a woman?!
How am I supposed to tell them I want to change my name?
How am I supposed to tell them I like penis?
How am I supposed to tell them I like stick shit up my ass?
How do I tell them I hate my muscular arms?
How do I tell them that I want to do more girly things like wearing skirts and carrying purses?
How... Do I tell them I will never be happy if I don't go down this road?
>>
>>5922832
>Your the most butch girl I've ever seen.

Best part.
>>
>>5923139
You don't have to tell them every detail. Big picture is good enough. "I feel like a girl and I like men" is good enough for them. Also you're 20. Get a job asap, save money. Transition is expensive, and insurance rarely covers it. Your parents don't seem like the type to front the bill either.
>>
>>5923163
I do have to agree that part is pretty funny in retrospect and i think i paraphrased it as well

I believe it was something more on the lines of

>Your the butchest bitch I've ever seen.

>>5923190

I know... its just so hard as it is right now in school taking more advanced level maths and failing miserably at them
>>
>>5922895
It doesn't really matter if it's legal or not, it still happens too often to be telling people to take solace in it not being legal.
And there's also far too many places where your parents can send you off to "conversion therapy" places perfectly legally.
>>
>>5923139

I once sucked my own dick to find out what it felt like. But halfway through, struggling through my inflexibility, I wasn't sure anymore whether I was doing it because I wanted to have my dick sucked or because I wanted a dick in my mouth. I'm not sure if I should tell them that or not. I want to, so it' s no problem on that front, but I'm not sure if it would disgust them.
>>
>>5923139
>>5923312
You really don't need to tell them all that. The name change, gender expression, clothes, and this being the only way you can be happy stuff sure, but the rest can go.
>>
>>5923320

I'm not OP, and I actually really want to tell my parents what I said in >>5923312. The rest is whatever in terms of wanting to say it to them, the only reason to tell them is just to clarify to them.
>>
>>5923276
It doesn't matter much right now they don't want to just kick me out anyways. I just can't pursue any of this atm or they WILL kick me out

>>5923312
beautiful.

>>5923320
I figured I'd have to tell them all of that. Just that put a lot of effort into making my name as plain as possible kind of respect that.
>>
>>5923367

Yeah, I was literally begging for it. As in vocally asking to be able to get my dick in my mouth because I was so horny for it.
>>
>>5923312
I used to suck my dick regularly too desu but it's never something I'd tell to my therapist. Partly because I don't know what relevance it has. Also it's fucking weird.
>>
>>5923424
this is OP. I would if i could.
>>
>>5923367
As you probably already know, the earlier you start, the easier it's going to be and the cheaper it's going to be. No one ever said transition is easy.
>>
>>5923424

I don't have a therapist to tell anymore. I just want to tell my parents so they know my first episode of cock lust.

>>5923458

I'm just wondering, why do you want to be able to suck your own dick?
>>
>>5923476
lol It has always been there tantalizing me. Soothing me. holding out of my reach. MOCKING ME!
>>
>>5923469
Yes i know and I'm thinking about my next job now. I just need to learn HTML so i can take that job my friend offered.
>>
Well this has been a helpful thread. Thank you all for your support. and your penis munching (wether its your own or not). Now that i have some solid advice I think I'll be ready for the next time my parents want to have a little talk. this all put me in a better mood as well.

and this was also my first post on this website and i think i really like this community
>>
>>5923139
I told my parents all of that, it works, trust me, just make a serious face. Yeah they'll hate you maybe or feel disgusted but that means it's not a big loss anyway. My parents simply took it as some solid proof that i'm trans and kinly fucked off.
>>
>>5923775
This pretty much. I told them everything. Everything. More than they probably wanted to know.

They wholeheartedly supported me and basically asked 'why didn't you come forward with this earlier... we could have done so much more for you when you were younger'...

At least I'm only 23. Maybe I can make it.
>>
Dont bother unless you are under age 17 unless you want to be a hon. Better the just shitpost feels with us non trans on gaygen than fail a transition.
>>
>>5925122
Kayla, is that you?
>>
>>5922832

Sorry to hear about it being rough, anon. Not to minimise your struggle, but if it makes you feel any better, at least they didn’t kick you out immediately like some people do. This is a lot for your parents to process so try to be patient with them. It sounds like they still love you and it’s got to be very hard for them to accept that the son they’ve raised for twenty years doesn’t exist, and there’s this strange girl in his place instead. Try telling them that you’ve always felt like you were their daughter rather than their son and that this image of you as a boy has stood between you all this time, blocking you from having the relationship with them that you want.

I’d shy away from or downplay being bi or really any sexual elements at all aside from liking men. It’s much harder to dismiss as a phase or a fetish that way. As for why you haven’t exhibited any stereotypically feminine behaviours, you can tell them that you were afraid and repressed it, or that you would feel stupid doing it while presenting as male, and that you hate this as a result.

At this point they’ll probably just dismiss you as gay which is even harder for Christian parents to accept, so I’d read up on all the literature about transgenderism and intersexuality that I can and lay it all out for them. Tell them that if you have a female brain it means you have a female soul and God’s the one who made you that way. I’m a Christian myself and this line of reasoning was what convinced me that transgederism was legit from a religious perspective. I’ll be praying for you this Easter weekend, anon; I would advise you to do the same even if you are ambivalent about whether God exists. If He does, He will hear your prayer.
>>
>>5925587
Thank you it really helps getting advice from that perspective and thanks for keeping me in your prayers honestly I don't know why i just kind of blew up last night guess i just have been holding so much of this in for soooo long. and as for the reasons for behaviors they seem to fit me idk if they will accept them but they do seem to have me pegged
>>
>>5922832
>I looked it up you still haven't shown any signs!
Wait on your first coming out they said they have looked it up? sounds like they thought something before. As it is it doesnt sound like its something that you can explain to them, they are set on hating it not looking to understand. The only thing that actually will make them change is when they understand its bigger than them, that it is what actually makes you happy and everything like that
>>
>I looked it up you still haven't shown any signs! (I'm just a good actor I guess)

Is telling them you want to be a girl not a sign?
>>
>>5925892
those statements were said over the course of 2 weeks so they had time to confront me again.
>>
>>5925919
idk they think its just a phase or something like as if i just decided out of the blue about a week ago to do this or something like that
>>
>>5925954
Ahh well either way, With religious people its not about facts, I can spend all day showing people in the book why what they are doing is wrong but it wont change anything.

The are informed by feeling and emotion, The facts dont change until they are willing to change, to accept its out of their control, to accept that it makes you happier in life. Who knows when that will be by the sounds of it
>>
>>5925971
my mothers a bit more reasonable than one might think. i cant say the same for my dad. hes a bit more about feelings as you said.
>>
>>5922832
Just make sure you go to a therapist and make sure it's irreversible before you mutilate yourself.
>>
>>5925962
That reminds me of a few stories i read of parents saying the same thing then when their kid keep transitioning they pretend like it's the first time you've brought it up every time.

Just tell them they clearly didn't pay enough attention.
>>
>>5926010
will do
>>
>>5926020
Didn't mean to phrase it that harshly, but watch video related. https://youtu.be/v7NYWd7p-zE
>>
>>5925995
Just stay strong with it, Be aware that they will be shitty and they will try to play you "for your own good"

>>5926019
Kinda like this but Understand they act that way because they dont want to loose their child and they dont want to accept or understand it.

Parents will try to undermine their child at every chance because as their child they think they know what is best and its all about them
>>
>>5922832
Shouldn't laugh but still

top kek

Are they relatively chill chrisfags or world was created 4000 years ago and medicine is a sham invented by satan christfags?
>>
>>5926034
its cool
>>5923252
>>
>>5926034
they do believe in modern meds. I am on adderall.
>>
>>5926034
and really I haven't seen many Christians that don't believe in modern medicine to an extent
>>
>>5922832
>When did this start?
The current research and evidence suggests that it happens in the womb.
>Who put this in your head?
Well god if you believe in them and that they have a hand in the creation of everything especially humans.
>You never shown any signs of this before!
Repression is a hell of a drug.
>It's a sin and unnatural. And you shouldn't have to give in to it.
It's completely natural since it seems to be a naturally occurring epigenetic variation in humans comparable to other intersex conditions.
>Are you gay? (I'm bi)
Well you seem to know the answer to that whether or not you want to tell them.
>Tell me the exact moment you said I want to be a girl.
Well the exact moment that you really recognize what's going on can vary from person to person but the basis seemingly exists since birth.
>I looked it up you still haven't shown any signs!
Again, repression is a hell of a drug, kids hide abuse and rape and other trauma and issues for years too.
>Why don't you just go dress up like a girl?
Well that's generally part of it but it does nothing for actual physical dysphoria.
They probably don't get around much, there are some VERY butch women out there.
>Do you believe in God? (Idk)
Well that's a complex and personal spiritual issue and even those who believe in some concept of "god" rarely agree about the specifics.
>>
>>5927764
damn
>>
>>5927764
There have been a few more things I keep hearing over and over again.

>He just keeps going on like nothings wrong!
>Pretending nothing has changed

I guess this is kind of my fault. I have been trying to act as normal as possible ever since i told them other than trying to grow out my hair and shave my arms. (which i had to stop cause technical issues)

I just have been very non confrontational i guess should I be more on the offensive side and do more things that stand out. I don't want to start any unnecessary drama or anything. but has anything really changed when I think of it.

I'm still me...
>>
File: 1451349561859.jpg (107 KB, 640x756) Image search: [Google]
1451349561859.jpg
107 KB, 640x756
>>5923139
lol do you intend to tell them about transitioning at some point? you know, hormones, FFS, SRS?
>>
>>5928213
Hell they already know about that. I specified.
>>
>>5926024
i like how /pol/ thinks this one senile uncle tom is going to influence anyone. this guy's whole channel exists for the alt-right to circlejerk themselves in ignoarance
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.