[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't we cured aids and herpes yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: aids.png (241 KB, 397x382) Image search: [Google]
aids.png
241 KB, 397x382
Why can't I just leave every cute bottom I meet dripping with my cum

why the fuck does HIV even exist
>>
PrEP
r
E
P
>>
>>5917741
>why haven't we cured aids and herpes yet?
Money my dear boy. You want treatment, we'll give it to you for your arm and your leg

>Why can't I just leave every cute bottom I meet dripping with my cum
because that's how you spread HIV

>why the fuck does HIV even exist
because gays lack self control
>>
>>5917749
>>because that's how you spread HIV

i don't have aids, asshole
>>
>>5917749

>>because gays lack self control
this is a lie, masterrace here

90% of girls will probably fuck you without a condom if you meet her at a club or whatever, it feels good for them too

its not that gays lack self control, rather, its socially acceptable for us to be sluts, so we fuck more than the heteros
>>
>>5917747
it's not 100% full proof.
>>
>>5917747
>>PrEP

why have i never heard of this
>>
>>5917779
Because you're not a whore
>>
>>5917781
>>PrEP
>> it's not 100% full proof.
fucking A, how effective is it?

>>Because you're not a whore
I really wish I could be
>>
>>5917775
I literally cried when I read about that.

Why can't we fucking catch a break? God must really hate fags.
>>
>>5917769
I don't know senpai.

I feel like girls truly are less sexual than men. They might enjoy it but it seems that sex would be a pain in the ass (no pun intended) for women. They have to worry about all types of things like getting pregnant, STDs, clean up and no orgasm. I mean some women can't even have orgasms.

For us guys we don't really have anything that really stops us from being crazy about sex. I mean yes, getting a girl pregnant is always an issue but... It's perhaps more socially acceptable for men to leave their children than women.

And for us gays, there's even less inhibition. It's not like we are going to get any girl pregnant any time soon (at least via sex). So other than STDs, we don't have much to lose. Especially for those who specifically identify as tops.

I don't remember where I was going with this hahaha but I think men are more sexual than women and gay men are even more sexual than straight men.
>>
hiv will never, ever be "cured"
>>
Gilead is the only company that has the funds and they're releasing a new antiretroviral soon
PrEP is just a trick to raise drug resistance to Truvada because Gileads patent runs out in 2018 and by then PrEP is expected to have caused 10-60% drug resistance to Truvada.
The new patent begins this year, ends 2036, so expect some news of a cure around then. They'll buy out every other company making cures until then.
>>
>>5917910
Wrong but nice thought.

HIV is hard to fight because literally the entire genome can go through every possible mutation in less then like 3 months so any antiviral you use will eventually become useless. That's why they have to use like four or five drugs to push it into a kind of evolutionary corner. But even that is a stopgap.
>>
Viruses are small. This stands for herpes and HIV. Viruses also mutate their genome rapidly.
>>
>>5917741
http://gizmodo.com/hiv-successfully-edited-out-of-immune-cells-1766413957

When the FDA approves it, so like when hell freezes over.
>>
>>5918531
To pass a drug through the fda roughly costs $1 bil with a 10% success rate.
The likelihood of a cure within the next 100 years or so is extremely unlikely due to patent laws and such
>>
>>5918554
That's why you go to another country and do the exact same thing for like 50 bucks. This applies to all things except for jobs that must be done inside the United States.
>>
>>5917741
>why the fuck does HIV even exist

Well the usual story is that some african monkeys carry it (or something similar) and that someone buttfucked one of them and somehow that started an epidemy.

Some people think it was created in a lab and released on Africans and then it got out of control.

The truth is no one really knows
>>
>>5918580
More likely than the buttfucking was that it existed and was spread through blood to blood contact. A poacher with an open wound was butchering a chimp or some shit.
>>
>>5917741

While I respect your right to do whatever you want with other consenting adults, surely you understand sticking your penis in another man's ass and ejaculating backwards up his gastrointestinal tract is not at all natural or hygienic.
>>
>>5918598
Ape brothels actually exist
So it doesn't seem too unlikely
>>
>up to 90% of American adults have been infected with HSV1
>almost 90% don't even know they have it
>most people get it when they're children
>45-70% of unmarried women over 40 have HSV2
>CDC recommends against routine testing for the general population

Can someone explain this shit?
>>
>>5918868
I'm not sure where your getting these statistics, but the reason they advise against screening, is because herpes, by and large, appears to be mostly harmless. Yes there are cosmetic issues, and it is highly likely to be tied to some serious conditions, but nothing has been proven yet. Remember, cold sores used to just be treated as a normal thing. The people running the CDC grew up in a time when having Herpes was normal, so they dont see it as a big deal.
>>
>>5917910
You have a point in that there have been multiple "spillover" events that allowed SIV to jump to humans and become HIV. The fact that it became a global epidemic in the 70s/80s was just a consequence of better access to transportation from its origin. So even if we do manage to cure every major strain of HIV there will eventually be amother spillover and we'll have to fight it again. Thankfully, people are more educated about the means by which is spreads and more willing to take preventative measures if it means protecting themselves.

Having said that, new infections happen all the time. An old Internet friend of mine in another state just got diagnosed and he feels like his entire life is over, even though highly effective treatments exist.
>>
>>5917741

http://www.radiolab.org/story/patient-zero-updated/
>>
>>5917741
OP has HIV????
>>
>>5917775
>>5917834
That dude who got it was probably fucking everyone under the sun and high viral load dudes as well. let's be real here. PrEP works
>>
>>5918917
your ignorance is astounding. how many std's have you had?
>>
>>5921553
prep works about as well as a condom. but you seem like the kind of faggot that likes to get shit on his dick, so no one really cares about your opinion.
>>
>>5917834
lolwat they knew from day 1 it wasn't 100% effective. In the IrPrEx study I believe they had 2 people infected with a truvada resistant strain
Plus there has been Truvada resistant strains since its inception basically. 100% of HIV+ people develop drug resistance at some point. Most people develop it several times throughout their life which is why they alternate treatments and use combinational therapy to limit mutations, but it will always happen no matter what you do.
>>
>>5917741
>Why can't I just leave every cute bottom I meet dripping with my cum

I would like to volunteer
>>
>>5917741
DUUUDE!

Dont contaminate cute bottoms, that shit is meant for curing the world from niggers!
>>
http://www.queerty.com/researchers-have-successfully-figured-out-how-to-edit-hiv-out-of-t-cells-20160325
>>
Biofag here.

The scientific answer is that viruses are a massive pain in the ass. It's not some conspiracy theory shit, it's just really fucking hard.
Wear a condom or plug up the Top's urethra.
I recommend the second option. Feels good.
>>
>>5923425
>condoms
fucking terrible. Hate hate hate condoms. Wanna feel it raw

>plug up top's dickhole
but i wanna feel the cum squirt all in and out
>>
>>5923425
There's still a chance you can get hiv even without cum though
>>
>>5923425
>plug up the Top's urethra
If you were a biofag then you'd know that this causes retrograde ejaculation.
>>
>>5925222
I know that it feels good, man.

>>5923463
Greatly reduced, though.
>>
>>5917749
>because gays lack self control
idk about US, but in my country official stats show that 98.5% of HIV infections are due to heterosexuals, especially drug abusers.
>>
>>5926491
what country?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.