[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've always had the feeling that gay people with that 'voice'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 640x360
I've always had the feeling that gay people with that 'voice' just put it on for show to stress that they're homosexual.

If so why don't they use their regular tone?

I've heard estrogen can change a male's voice - but does that mean every gay guy who talks feminine has an elevated estrogen count?

I've seen a few guys before that had totally normal voices, but I'd say 80% of guys have that specific tone. I just ask because I don't know and that I felt I could ask this taboo question here without fear of being ridiculed.
>>
>>5917550
it is pure genetics.

It is why we have gayface and the gay voice.

We can't help it.
>>
Already a movie about it broheim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R21Fd8-Apf0
>>
>>5917561
Why doesn't Darren Young, a gay man have the voice? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IjMHjuET8iM
>>
>>5917585
genes can mutate and create a variety of results. Nature is only part of it. Nurture plays a factor as well.
>>
>>5917550
>I've always had the feeling that gay people with that 'voice' just put it on for show to stress that they're homosexual.

I live in Norway. Here we have lot's of dialects. I have heard gay guys from northern Norway use full on nasal faggotmode when speaking daily in Oslo (South), then right back to very male rough north norwegian speech if speaking with family or traveling home etc.

I guess It's a way to "put the line out there" hoping some hunky fish comes along to bite. Beats writing "Im gay!" on your forehead.
>>
>>5917550
No one really knows where the "gay accent" comes from. Some people think it's likely that it stems from spending most of their time around women in childhood. People who sound really "gay" are usually exaggerating it quite a bit, sometimes to signal their sexuality and sometimes subconsciously so.

I have a pretty deep monotone voice though so I would t know personally. It's not likely that that the way someone speaks is genetic though.
>>
>>5917561
can someone tell me what gayface is? I think I might have it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.