[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Erica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: erica.png (217 KB, 655x363) Image search: [Google]
erica.png
217 KB, 655x363
I was just playing Catherine with a guy I started dating recently. It's our first time playing, although I know the plot from being an Atlusfag without a PS3.

I was thinking about Erica, who I know you eventually learn is an MtF trans. What do other MtFs who've played this before think of her as a character, both in a Vacuum and as a transwoman? I'm gay so I don't really have much personal thoughts on her representation, but its rare to see a trans character not treated as an obvious punchline, or at all, in a game.

Any other trans game characters that are liked, or especially hated?
>>
>>5917087
>I was thinking about Erica, who I know you eventually learn is an MtF trans.
Why is Japan so degenerate?
>>
File: EricaRender.png (3 MB, 2096x4469) Image search: [Google]
EricaRender.png
3 MB, 2096x4469
I haven't played the game, but from what I have read and watched, it looks like it was handled really well. Plus she is mega QT unf unf.
>>
Naoto from Persona 4 was handled very, very badly.
>>
>>5917101

It's the mercury in all the fish they eat. It makes them mad.
>>
>>5917087
>>5917182

She's like if Ronald McDonald took all his McWhopper Bucks to put into his transition to become a grill.
>>
File: n.png (347 KB, 918x782) Image search: [Google]
n.png
347 KB, 918x782
>>5917199
>Naoto from Persona 4
She wasn't trans. Don't talk shit about my waifu
>>
File: mai husbando.gif (2 MB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
mai husbando.gif
2 MB, 500x380
>>5917257
She might have been X-gender, and either way getting her to put on a seifuku destroys her character development.

She is hella cute and my charming detective prince husbando in Dancing All Night Long, though.
>>
File: naoto cute.jpg (110 KB, 831x1168) Image search: [Google]
naoto cute.jpg
110 KB, 831x1168
>>5917474
>X-gender
Kill yourself
>>
>>5917474
Nah, she just presented masculine because that's what she thought was an ideal detective. In sequels like P4D and the golden epilogue she dresses in a way that reveals her heaving bosom.
>>
>>5917536
It's a term there. Die crying.
>>
>>5917577
>there
Where?
>>
she seemed like a token 'lol its a trap' fanservice character thrown in for the sake of it
>>
flea from chronotrigger and poison from final fight/street fighter both have a lot of fans
>>
>>5918050

on top of that, everybody likes Birdo
>>
>>5917182
looks cis as fuck
>>
>>5917087
I'd say it was ok, def not as cringe as other media dealing with trans people. I relate to her alot. Dumuzid takes care of her which i found cute.
>>
>>5917087
I want learn about atlus or whatever. Do they have a game with a femboi who has a virginal boipucci? I want to get sexy masturbations.
>>
>>5917087
They handled her pretty indifferently, and at least she doesn't *look* trans, but >>5918039 is right, she's functionally useless beyond being a token "look, a trap" character.

Also,
>Called Eric in the credits
>Receives the same dreams that all the men do, because she's a man, lol
Kinda daft.
>>
>>5918973
idk why everyone thinks that she has the same dreams, she never shows up in the dream at all.
>>
>>5918987
I think she mentions it. But the person who makes people them dream is the villain with outdated views on relationships(although the person must have an initial doubt as well). She's in a relationship with the youngest (and virgin) member of the group, but she gets the dreams because she feels guilty that she cannot have kids with him
>>
>>5919054
dumuzid is the guy which is the antagonist with those views and he takes care of her because he has the hots for her. I know she says she has dreams too, but since she never shows up in the actual dream with all the other guys she is obviously having some sort of other dream that is unrelated or somthing dumuzid is doing to her separately.
>>
>>5918091
Fuck Birdo
>>
>>5918973
She is sort've a man though, use your head dude.
>>
File: 1440055683242.jpg (29 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
1440055683242.jpg
29 KB, 250x350
>>5917474
Let me guess, you think Mulan is transgender too?
>>
>>5917474
Naoto wasn't trans, she just thought that acting like a man in a male-dominated job like the police would mean people would take her seriously as a adult.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.