[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is hookup culture so big in the gay community?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Grindr-tag.jpg (76 KB, 560x210) Image search: [Google]
Grindr-tag.jpg
76 KB, 560x210
Why is hookup culture so big in the gay community?
>>
because there's little to no other way of finding people. most don't have the luxury of just going up to people and asking them out without retaliation.
>>
>>5914762
Because men are horny
>>
>>5914762

It's not so different in the straight community, lots of women are just as whorish as the typical guy on grindr they just act like it was a 'drunken mistake'.
>>
>>5914762
Because fun things are fun.
>>
Guys wanna fuck.
But there are also, like >>5914768 mentions, cultural norms that discourage men from asking other men out. And because gays are a minority, romantic/sexual relationships are less likely to "fall out of the sky", to put it like that.

So that, plus "men are horny" equals gay hookup culture.

And basically that, minus "men are horny" means lesbians date each others exes a lot.

It's a little on the nose, but yeah.
>>
>>5914768
>>5914855

If relationships are that hard to find, wouldn't you want to treasure the ones you get?
I don't understand why so many gays just want to get fucked night after night, it just promotes the whole 'degenerate' narrative of the far-right and contributes significantly to the high STD rates.
>>
>>5914866
I also don't understand how gay men can actually afford to be picky if they have such a small dating pool.

>>5914787
men in general are a lot more sexual. Yeah, slutty women exist but they're prudes in comparison to gay men.
>>
>>5914762

1) Men are horny, as has already been said. And when men are horny for each other, this short-circuits the civilizing check on male sexuality that female sexuality provides under normal (straight) circumstances.

I also want to point out that mainstream religion historically hates gays (which in turn causes gays to generally dislike mainstream religion), though it's not directly related to the above point, it's very relevant to the below.

2) So, since per 1) sex is easier to get, it ceases eventually over a lifetime, merely to be something that's fun and easy to get. It instead becomes a simple way for gay men to fill the void in their meaningless, childless lives that straight men manage to fill with family and/or religion. Everyone knows that sex is fun, but when it's all that you can get or do with your life, this hollows sex out. And yet they rut, because, after all, we're describing the Male Urge, strong as ever, but in this case perversely subverted into literal unproductivity, and more recently, death. Gay sex itself, experienced over a life course that doesn't end aprubtly, dithering far past gay death into the wraith-regions of one's 50s, 60s, 70s..., hollows sex itself out. Even gays themselves hate senescence more than the average man, and exactly because it is a cruel reminder to them of their sexual uselessness. A productive straight man can direct his energies elsewhere (family), but if sex is one of the few or only of life's enjoyments, this pain is more keenly felt by the gay.
>>
Gay men are violating the greatest sexual more in our society, so we might as well violate all the other ones.

The homosexual movement was a part of the free love movement, it wasn't until later that the HRC and other conservative groups created the "muh oppressed minority" meme. Despite the attempts by rich ugly white lesbians, gay men aren't going to move to the suburbs and be monogamous.
>>
>>5914786
\thread
>>
>>5914786
Is it true that some lesbian relationships run out of steam sexually?
>>
>>5914866
Who cares what they think?
>>
>>5915051
Holy shit people like you have such a shit view on what is meaningful in life. Why is it that every argument I see is about not having kids makes your life worthless? Having kids makes your life unnecessarily difficult, and prevents you from doing fun and self-fulfilling things, like shooting a documentary, or doing scientific research, or finishing your latest studio album. Go do something that YOU GIVE MEANING TO, because nothing has meaning unless you choose to give it meaning.
>>
>>5915496

Ah, here is the 'wow just wow' (You) I was looking for. Thanks, friend-o. :^)
>>
>>5914762
No actual possibility in finding anyone around you because we're such a minority.
That and many gays aren't much into the whole relationship thing but the actual sex thing that's why gay bars and clubs are such a big thing.
>>
>>5915496
>My preference is correct.
>>
I bounce on and off Grindr. I really want a relationship but just end up hooking up because I'm human scum. It sucks. There's really no way to other way to meet guys if you have any NEET tendencies.
>>
>>5917021
how can you only have tendencies of NEETness

are you using the word to mean "shut-in" or "introvert"?
>>
>>5915180
That is true about all relationships
>>
>>5916505

where im from gay bars are NOT where you go to meet a guy. most people go there with friends just to hang out and be cliqueish.

generally if you are there alone, you are either ME, or an ugly old man.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.