[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gays4Jesus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 13
File: whisper.jpg (223 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
whisper.jpg
223 KB, 640x720
Gay Christian thread?

Gay Christian thread.
>>
File: amazed2.jpg (15 KB, 386x338) Image search: [Google]
amazed2.jpg
15 KB, 386x338
are there any cute mormon boys here?
>>
File: Brock-O-Hurn.jpg (36 KB, 654x348) Image search: [Google]
Brock-O-Hurn.jpg
36 KB, 654x348
>>5911951
>tfw no jesus look a like bf
>>
>>5912155
Mormons are scary
>>
File: cutebedtime.jpg (181 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
cutebedtime.jpg
181 KB, 500x401
>>5912183
mormons are cute and adorable
>>
>>5912232
mormons are no more cultists than any other sect of Christianity. What makes God having his own planet any more crazy than turning water into wine?
>>
Could you ever see yourself dating a non-Christian?
>>
i'm a gay jewish degenerate pls jesus forgive me
>>
>>5912155
In high school my sweet-repressed-heart was a Mormon guy. He tried to convert me, I tried to kiss him.
>He didn't convert me.
>I kissed him while we were supposed to be cleaning up the parking lot of his church/temple/whatever they call it for a trunk-o-ween.
>He enthusiastically returned the kiss, and even engaged in some mutual over the clothes groping (that's probably Mormon 4th base). But he was too terrified and self loathing to try anything else cuz sin and likely family shunning.
>He gave up trying to convert me then put some distance between us at school because: A) even though I never said as much it was pretty obvious I didn't buy into his stupid alternative American history cult, and B) I was in love with him and wanted to be his bf which I did say as much.
>over high school we eventually got closer again through vidya and shared schedules I respected his boundaries and held out hope that I was wearing him down. Until he went on his mission, and was married to some poor Mormon girl a month after getting back from it.

Last I checked he's got a fourth kid on the way with a stay at home wife, and a job I doubt can support that many mouths to feed. Hope he's bi like he prayed he was, cuz that would be a living nightmare for everyone involved in that family.
>>
>>5912322
Ew no
I'm a faggot not a degenerate
>>
>>5912155
>mormonism

>>5912243
It was written by some guy in the 1800, and it wasn't part of the bible, yet claims to be "another testament of jesus". It's a christian cult,
like the jesuits.
>>
>>5912243
Well along with the planet/exaltation stuff there's also: the claims that native americans are an evil jewish tribe, "white and delightsome," their prophet that's better than Jesus read a gospel that he totally didn't make up off of golden plates in a hat, blood atonement, posthumous baptisms, secret temple names, oh and they have a guy that talks to God.
>>
>>5913144
The founder of mormanism also altered the bible. This isn't like another denomination, this is a fabricated cult.
>>
>>5913169
True, but give it a thousand years and nobody will be able to tell or even care enough to notice a difference.
>>
>>5913210
I get it that everyone here sees realigon in the same was that duche bags see hummer cars and it makes little difference wheather someone blatantly rewrote the bible.

I also understand that no one here will take any spiritual aspect seriously.

When people rewrite the bible it's usually for something spiritualy malicious, like the scofield bible, written so people will worship the jews.

You don't have to be christian obviously, but you becareful not to read the wrong book if you ever plan to. As far as denominations go, Orthodox was the original christianity, catholicism is pagan and NWO teir, protestant is SJW.
>>
>>5911951
just

why...
>>
>>5913239
For what it's worth I agree with the Orthodox > Catholicism sentiment, but this right here is one of the reasons why I stopped being christian
>You don't have to be christian obviously, but you becareful not to read the wrong book if you ever plan to.
People telling me to avoid reading "wrong books" is far too big of a red flag for me, especially when I prefer historical criticism over textual criticism.
What I mean is if I were to make the effort to get back into Christianity, then I'd read everything I possibly could on the subject. Especially the books deemed dangerous or incorrect (gnostic gospels, BoM, etc.), because I'd want to understand their positions and learn what those books get wrong and how they got it wrong.

>I also understand that no one here will take any spiritual aspect seriously.
Yeah I agree with this too, because for whatever reason I am spiritually retarded to the point of not even understanding what "spiritual" means. And after re-examining my handful of answered prayers and good feels, I have no reliable way to tell the difference between a legitimate spiritual experience and kettle logic.
When people ask me to be spiritual all I hear is a request to use whatever inconsistent fallacious logic that feels good to me and affirms the conclusion of the proselytizer. Whether or not something is true is secondary to if it 'speaks to your spirit.'
>>
How do you reconcile homosexual activity with the fact that it's called worthy of execution in Deuteronomy?

I just don't understand how you can worship a God (Christianity includes the belief that Jesus is the same God who gave down commandments and rulings in the OT, just a different person of that same God; the son rather than the father) who says homosexuals deserve to be executed.
>>
>>5913314
>What I mean is if I were to make the effort to get back into Christianity, then I'd read everything I possibly could on the subject.
That's good, but the average /lgbt/er isn't going to care, so they just need the King James or New international for certain translations. The don't need to read the scofield bible to see that we should bless zionism, or Joseph Smith's translation with the single line change to be against the jews.

>Especially the books deemed dangerous or incorrect (gnostic gospels, BoM, etc.), because I'd want to understand their positions and learn what those books get wrong and how they got it wrong.
Oh, yes, that is good to do. Personally i find it's better to read about it, but that's just me.

>Yeah I agree with this too, because for whatever reason I am spiritually retarded to the point of not even understanding what "spiritual" means.

No one here will take me seriously but the people who run this world are lucifarian worshippers, using a hijacked version of judaism. I've found more immediately spiritually evil aspects of life than good.

Here is a decent site about the spiritually evil aspects of our media http://vigilantcitizen.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94rcOVJBMYQ

You know that you can accidentally create a tulpa of god since the repetition of prayer can easily condition a personality in your head?

You just have to make sure you don't expect to hear god, but part of the faith is to know he exists. Don't make an imaginary image of god.
>>
hope you're celibate
>>
File: f89.png (78 KB, 1116x726) Image search: [Google]
f89.png
78 KB, 1116x726
>>5911951
>being theist
>>
>>5913169
It's also especially unfriendly to gays. In order to get into the good heaven at the highest level, you have to be married to a mormon of the opposite sex, at which point, the man becomes the god of their own planet and the woman gets to pump out babies for eternity to populate it.

There's also some recent hullabaloo because the church won't even baptise the children of gay couples until they're 18, living apart from their parents, and then formally disavow them.
>>
>>5913350
Personally, I believe the bible to be God-inspired. Inspired by God, not word for word dictated by God. Therefore, I believe the inspired men that wrote it also wrote their cultural bias and perspectives into the book. Lots of the weird prohibitions in Leviticus and Deuteronomy were written to keep God's people away from pagan activities and worship practices of the time. That's how you get stuff like Leviticus 20 that starts with telling people not to sacrifice their children to a specific pagan god, then moves immediately into banned sexual practices.
>>
>>5911951
>I ignore most of the holy texts
>I ignore the foundations of marriage
>I ignore the majority of Christian opinion
>I'm a Christian

LOL NOPE. Literally as laughable as a "gay muslim"
>>
>>5912322
>dating someone without morals
Rather be single than date someone who's not religious
>>
I had a dream that I need to email this certain guy and tell him about Jesus. I feel reluctant to do that because it was 8 years ago when I last seen him. Should I Google his name, email him, and tell him about Jesus or is that weird, creepy stalking? Do you ever feel prompted to give random people a message?
>>
>>5913599
Religion=\=morality. You can have morality without it, and the argument could be made that it's possible to have a clearer perception of morality without having to rely on books thousands of years old written, translated and adjusted by human beings to do it.
>>
>>5913565

I believe this to be true as well but truthfully I see hookups and relationships as very damaging when God isn't put first. Every relationship/friendship should be a threesome with God. When you cut him out of it things go wrong.
>>
>>5913569
>> I'm rude
>> I'm aggressive towards fellow Christians
>> I arbitrarily decide who is a Christian and who is not
>> I make snide remarks about Muslims
>> I am a good Christian
>>
>>5911951
It's hard to be chrstian and gay, I mean you try/do accept yourself, but then a priest and community tell you that gay people are not good or that stuff even if they don't know that you are gay. Even when they say it not my work judge gay people, it god's work in fact they are saying you will be judge by that. Been gay and christian its not easy because if you read the bible its full of text against gay, black people and woman... its contradiction by it self....
>>
>>5913350
Most Christians have morals, which is attractive to me tbqh
>>
File: 1458633898262.jpg (58 KB, 250x312) Image search: [Google]
1458633898262.jpg
58 KB, 250x312
>>5913518
>being a heretic
>>
>>5912155
>Christian Thread
>Mormon

Kek, keep lying to yourself.
>>
>>5913691
Sounds like your average Christian to me.
>>
>>5912164
>implying jesus looked like that
he was a jew, had a jewfro and his nose had a zip code
>>
>>5912322
atheist here, 6 months in a relationship with a muslim. he's cute so i don't care
>>
>>5912155
Mormons are fucking weird, go away.
Real Christians only please.
>>
There is no god.
>>
File: THEOCHARIS_KAPPADOKIAS-IN.jpg (118 KB, 566x661) Image search: [Google]
THEOCHARIS_KAPPADOKIAS-IN.jpg
118 KB, 566x661
>>5911951
Who else /wantingtobeorthodox/?

I was a Jew-fag, but I'v repented and found jesus, looking to be baptised soon.
>>
>>5914038
I am western orthodox.
>>
>>5913350
Nowhere in the Bible is homosexuality condemned in and of itself.
>>
>gay and Christian

cuck-tier
>>
Still not understanding why people find gay Christians abnormal. Yo, they've been around since the Middle Ages.
>>
>>5914579
Isn't it better to be cucked by God than by Satan?
>>
>>5913144
>>5913169
lots of places alter the bible you idiots. no one has "the one true text", none of you are literalists, no matter how much you want to pretend your interpretation is the only one, and that is a fucking fact. the bible contradicts itself a shit ton, that necessitates sects to make a choice on what they emphasize and what they don't. Mormons are no different than any other sect, theyre just newer, and like all religious sects in christianity, as we've seen in the history of the reformation, the new is immediately condemned and people are put to the stake.
>>
>>5913599
I would never date a Christian that couldn't understand the distinction between morality and religiosity.
>>
>>5914564
because they didn't believe in same sex attraction.
>>
>>5914727

>no one has "the one true text"
>no matter how much you want to pretend your interpretation is the only one
Why are you defensive, i never said i was an authority on this, but i have studied it, and i know that muslims would disagree with the humor that in their end times jesus will abolish christianity, it's possible but comical.

It's not that complicated, christianity has the bible, denominations come and alter the original.

Also the bible is translated in many different languages, so if something doesn't read well in the standard king james than you can check the NIV or the original greek translation.

>lots of places alter the bible
Whats your point, they're still fabricated versions, which makes them wrong.

>Mormons are no different than any other sect, theyre just newer, and like all religious sects in christianity.
Except it's founder lied and said jesus ALSO wrote his book then he altered the bible. Some religion denominations are clearly just there to spread malicious ideas that go against the original religion's principals, that makes them wrong.

This isn't like judging another separate religion with zero connections to the denomination/original religion.
>>
>>5914564
It says not to lay with another man.
>>
>>5914038
I was raised catholic, but i don't like the denomination.
>>
>>5913986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txxrvqui5xk
>>
>>5914890
>>5913682
But if you're based your morality on what you think is correct how do you know what is really moral and what has been taught to be moral from our exceedingly leftist society?

Your could say killing children is wrong but if you and your son are going to freeze to death would putting him out of his misery be the right thing to do? or if your wife/husband wanted to have a threesome.

We're not good at judging morality when we live in a mass media society that being socially engineered to accept more and more secular civilization.
>>
>>5911951
nah u goin 2 hell fag lel
>>
>>5915530
Also says not to wear mixed fabrics or light fires on Saturday.
There's only one commandment that really matters.
>>
>>5915727
"Thou shalt not believe Jewistan Christocuck shit eating bitch bullshit"?
>>
>>5915604
Well I am not a divine command theorist.
I'd also prefer a guy that takes time to think about what is the best moral choice in a given situation, and not a guy that just looks at the law of the land/christian doctrine/what his parents want/etc when it comes to making a hard choice like euthanizing a suffering child.

An idea being leftist doesn't bother me the same way an idea being conservative doesn't bother me; and after dealing with islamists and homophobic holy rolling Christians secularism is exactly what I want from my nation and my church.
>>
>>5915727
It was also written for an ancient audience, you can follow old testimony ceremonial laws if you want, but it's clear on what god sees as sexual immortality, and the entire point of the religion is to emulate and pass on jesus's/god's purity.
>>
>>5915745
Good guess, anon. Gold star.
>>5915754
And re-written/interpreted too, but Humans are fallible. Outside of a few biblical literalists, a lot of what is in the bible has to be taken with a grain of salt. Doubly so for old testament stuff.
>>
>>5915749
>I'd also prefer a guy that takes time to think about what is the best moral choice in a given situation, and not a guy that just looks at the law of the land/christian doctrine/what his parents want/etc

People are easily corrupted and programmed, you just need to subtly fit a message into their subconscious enough times and they'll follow it as their own thoughts. Our psychology is easily compromised.

The christianity/religion itself is suppose to a more concrete example of ultimate standard that hasn't beem corrupted (ignoring the corrupted denominations)

when it comes to making a hard choice like euthanizing a suffering child.
The point that i was trying to make with this example is killing a child can easily be seen as wrong, but in certain situations it's possibly useful. Ultimately you're using yourself as the ultimate morality when you try to dictate it personally.
>>
>>5915754
>the entire point of the religion is to emulate and pass on jesus's/god's purity

No it's not. We're not capable of doing that, otherwise Jesus' crucifixion was entirely pointless. Did you even read the Bible?

When Adam and Even sinned against God, they cursed themselves and every human henceforth with Original Sin. Original Sin makes humans completely helpless to sin, from cradle to grade. Because of this, mankind had a fractured relationship with God and could do nothing to earn his own salvation. This is where Jesus comes into the picture. By allowing himself to be crucified, he paid a penance for all of mankind's sins, present and future.

When Christians accept Jesus, they receive salvation by proxy. Jesus has already repented for their sins on their behalf. This does NOT mean that a saved Christian will cease to be a sinner. Original Sin is still a part of their nature and always will be. The point is that it doesn't matter, because they're already absolved of any responsibility for their sins. Original Sin is a curse that's literally beyond the control of humans.

So if Christianity canonically regards homosexuality as a sin, it makes no difference. Gay people can't repent or change. It's in their nature to be this way, and that's how it's always going to be. They'll nonetheless go to heaven just like every other sinner who accepts Jesus.
>>
>>5916008
>So if Christianity canonically regards homosexuality as a sin, it makes no difference. Gay people can't repent or change. It's in their nature to be this way, and that's how it's always going to be. They'll nonetheless go to heaven just like every other sinner who accepts Jesus.

That's pretty much my stance. If homosexuality is a sin, it's just one in a long long list you commit regularly.
>>
>>5916008
>No it's not. We're not capable of doing that, otherwise Jesus' crucifixion was entirely pointless.

Jesus is the perfect standard we are instructed to aspire to, we can't but we should try to follow his example. Since we're flawed to sin his sacrifice covers our salvation.

>This does NOT mean that a saved Christian will cease to be a sinner. Original Sin is still a part of their nature and always will be. The point is that it doesn't matter, because they're already absolved of any responsibility for their sins. Original Sin is a curse that's literally beyond the control of humans.

I agree with this, was my language implying something else?

>Gay people can't repent or change. It's in their nature to be this way, and that's how it's always going to be.
Sexuality is fluid to certain extend, but i agree that gay people will be gay, but the act of sleeping with the same sex is their choice.

>They'll nonetheless go to heaven just like every other sinner who accepts Jesus.
No sin is worse that another, your amount of sins doesn't count to your salvation, since jesus covers your sins, however jesus also teaches to follow his example of purity.

Why be christian if you're going against jesus deliberately.
>>
>millions of people still believe that God is an actual entity and not just a metaphor for one's Self
>>
>>5915530
Only in the context of pagan ritual worship.
>>
>>5916941
>implying that's the only time it forbids that
>implying it doesn't go against god's plan to populate the planet.
>>
>>5916985
>implying it isn't
>by that logic, celibacy is also evil
>>
How do you all feel about hooking up outside of a relationship?
>>
>>5917055
How about you read the bible before proudly being wrong about it.
>1 Corinthians 6:9-11
>9Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

>>by that logic, celibacy is also evil
No, actually. God wants you to populate the planet, but you're suppose get married first.
>>
>>5917073
I already covered that passage of Corinthians in the other thread: >>5916996

>No, actually. God wants you to populate the planet, but you're suppose get married first.

Jesus explicitly says that those who are capable of celibacy in their devotion to God should be allowed to remain so. It is a holy endeavor.
>>
File: 1436375299192.jpg (11 KB, 150x363) Image search: [Google]
1436375299192.jpg
11 KB, 150x363
I hope you all die slowly
>>
>>5917097
It wouldn't be the first time a verse is misinterpreted

Do all these verses http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Gay-Marriage/ fall uder that greek translation?

There is also the city full of sodomy that god burnt, he wouldn't do that if he wasn't against it.

Also the sexual immorality verses http://christianity.about.com/od/Bible-Verses/a/Sexual-Sin.htm

This could fall into the spirit of the bible than the word, just like how masterbation isn't specifically stated yet it could easily be considered sexual immortality because it goes against the clear plan, or the motivation to follow jesus as the standard.

>Jesus explicitly says that those who are capable of celibacy in their devotion to God should be allowed to remain so. It is a holy endeavor.
>should be allowed to remain so.
That's different from invalidating "Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it.". Of course there will be celibate figures of christianity.
>>
>>5917108
Why?
>>
>>5912155

An old acquaintance from college sought me out to be his confidant several years later when he discovered that he was intersex and FtM. I was flattered, and for my trouble he convinced me that trans people really are their identified gender and Jesus-sama feels the same way, which made me feel better about being a filthy chaser (of MtFs).
>>
>>5917299
>Do all these verses fall uder that greek translation?

No. The passage from Leviticus refers to pagan ritual sex and this is also what Paul is alluding to in his letters to the Roman church leadership.

>There is also the city full of sodomy that god burnt, he wouldn't do that if he wasn't against it.

The people of Sodom threatened guests in their city (God's messengers/angels, no less), a particularly abhorrent crime in ancient times. There's actually an argument to be made that "sodomite" ought to refer to a bad host, not a homosexual. Either way, the people there attempted rape at the very least, so they're not cool no matter how you interpret the story. The fact that their actions would have been homosexual is incidental and irrelevant.

>This could fall into the spirit of the bible than the word, just like how masterbation isn't specifically stated yet it could easily be considered sexual immortality because it goes against the clear plan, or the motivation to follow jesus as the standard.

That generally isn't why masturbation is considered a sin, so that kind of interpretation (including homosexuality with it as well) comes from centuries of bias. The spirit ought to proceed from the word, not dubious theological traditions.

>That's different from invalidating "Populate the earth abundantly and multiply in it.". Of course there will be celibate figures of christianity.

So why not gay figures?
>>
>>5917798
You are shamelessly grasping at straws. You have come up with absurd interpretations to justify lust and feel better. But those are just forced fantasies you create.

It's surprising how something is repeated once, and again, and again, and again, and people dare to deny it. You are completely insane
>>
>>5917798
Now with more detail:

No pagan ritual sex is mentioned in ANY part. What part of "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination." don't you understand?

Your "argument" regarding sodomy is a joke that nobody will take seriously. Rape and homosexuaity are the same, a product of lust and desire of physical pleasure.

Nobody is going to take seriously anyone who talks about "centuries of bias". More like centuries of not living in a world that has accepted lust and hedonism. Of course, anything that goes against your lust is "dubious theological traditions".

Celibate figures are so because of devoniton. Gay figures are lustful people whose minds are clouded by fetishism and sexual fantasies.
>>
File: 3526098367029346.png (189 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
3526098367029346.png
189 KB, 500x362
>believing in myths where you get stoned to death
Is this a meme?
>>
>>5921056
Actually it's the other way round. Myths simplify reality, they try to explain everything with simple explanations based on extrapolations of what people know. And nothing does this more than atheism and materislism, which try to reduce the world to senses, even though we don't know at all what the world is. So atheism is the true myth. and a very convenient one, since it allows people to live without any authority or morals.
>>
>>5921073
>lack of believe in supernatural
>myth
Whatever dude. Not every nonreligious person falls under le reddit fedora atheist label. Some of us just don't want to be fucked with by ancient guidelines.
>>
>>5920990
No you are totally completely insane. Just passing by but being gay isn't always lust. People want loving, complete relationships, part of having a complete relationship is having a fulfilling sexual connection with someone, and if you can't feel that with the opposite gender, that doesn't mean that falling in love with someone of the same gender is a choice made out of lust. Also the whole fucking point Jesus made was that we're all sinners, being straight doesn't absolve you of lust any more than any gay person, but Christ dieing on the cross does if you let it.
>>
>>5921098
You fail to address anything I have said. Didn't expect more from a fedora.

> Some of us just don't want to be fucked with by ancient guidelines.
I don't doubt you want to be hedonist human garbage. But I don't care, that isn't going to change anything.
>>
File: 1439500353344.jpg (30 KB, 634x397) Image search: [Google]
1439500353344.jpg
30 KB, 634x397
>>5921111
>kek le fedora maymay
Let me guess; /pol/?

>hedonist
There is literally nothing destructive to the public that a secular government can't stop people from doing that theological belief systems can.
>>
>>5921109
I'm not insane, I just tell people what they want to hear. You are free to be loving and have as many friends as you want. But the moment you label yourself as "gay", you label yourself with sexual fetishism and lust.

>part of having a complete relationship is having a fulfilling sexual connection with someone
See? Thi is why I say you are insane. That is completely and absolutely false. I have perfect relationships with my friends and family.

>and if you can't feel that with the opposite gender
The only thing you can't feel is something that estimulates your lust and helps you make your sexual fantasies come true.

You talk about falling in love, but you don't know what love is. Love isn't hedonistic attraction. Love is't detecting organs that will maximize your pleasure. Love is wanting what is best for others. Please, don't hijack the word "lust".

We are all sinners, and that is irrelevant. We must always repent and try to reach perfection, following God. Not being lustful is a part of that.
The same way murderers or thieves must repent, so do you. There is NO forgiveness without repentance.

There is no "being straight" or not. There are people who reject lust and live with righteousness, and there are people who give in to temptations and just follow anything that gives them pleasure, usually with petty excuses. See you, or >>5921098
>>
>>5921109
>that doesn't mean that falling in love with someone of the same gender is a choice made out of lust.
You do know that "loving the same sex" is a very recent idea, one that would have made you the center of ridicule 50 years ago, and in many places still does?
>>
File: kek.jpg (31 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
31 KB, 500x333
>>5921152
>very recent idea
>>
>>5921122
I don't care about how you call it, it's just a label for people who believe themselves to be smart, intellectual, while they don't know what they are talking about.

I don't care about governments or about what can stop people or not. There is just good and evil, and nothing will change what is good or evil.
>>
I'm a gay muslim, I can join the thread?
>>
>>5921157
The idea of sexual orientation is incredibly new in our culture.
>>
>>5921161
>there is just good and evil
Too bad that historically "good and evil" has changed dramatically, Anon.
>>
>>5921173
The premise of homosexuality has been around since the dawn of civilization. It just so happens that it wasn't accepted by most up until recently.

Just because we used to wipe our assholes with our hands doesn't mean we still should.
>>
>>5921185
>The premise of homosexuality has been around since the dawn of civilization.
The premise, yes.
But the idea that people could actually love the same sex in a nonplatonic way was a completely alien concept. One that could have costed you your reputation.
>>
File: 1429334612597.jpg (44 KB, 488x410) Image search: [Google]
1429334612597.jpg
44 KB, 488x410
>>5921208
>>Just because we used to wipe our assholes with our hands doesn't mean we still should.
>>
>>5921179
No, moral principles are universal and eternal. What changes is how much people give in to some temptations. I couldn't care less about history. Historically, today, probably, there was someone who murdered a person and tried to justify his sin, pretending it was good. That doesn't change anything.

Anything else will lead you to a pure contradiction.
>>
>>5921222
Toilet paper is actually a pretty old invention.
Literally only savages wipe their ass with their hands.

All I'm implying is that it's stupid to say people accepted gay love in a time where "gay love" was unheard of and considered a vile abomination.
>>
>>5921241
But of course.
>>
>>5917798
If you knew what a concordance is, none of these arguments would hold any ground.

>No[...] passage from Leviticus refers to pagan ritual sex...
You're attempting to stretch the context beyond its allotted use. The literal, word-for-word Hebrew translation has no reference to pagan rituals or anything like that- http://biblehub.com/text/leviticus/20-13.htm. None of the commands God states (post Leviticus 20:7) have any reference to paganism/idolatry/Molech or any of that. They are separate. Literal translation proves.

Hebrews had no word to refer to homosexual acts. Consequently, the Hebrews began using the term "mishkab zakar" (male lying with male) (Hebrew Concordance 4904+2145) to refer to homosexual acts. The New Testament was Greek. For a Greek speaking Jew, mishkab zakar becomes arsenokoitai (man-lier) (Strong's 733).

As for Sodom and Gomorrah, Jude 1:7 clearly describes the sins resulting in their destruction (it was not inhospitality): "just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

The Greek Interlinear Bible (i.e. literal NT translation) reads: "just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the around them cities - in like manner with them having indulged in sexual immorality and having gone after flesh strange, are set forth as an example of fire eternal [the] penalty undergoing."

Sexual immorality includes homosexual acts, and the term fornication (Greek, Strong's 4202 and 4203) includes homosexuality/homosexual acts, by definition. Sexual immorality in Jude 1:7 is ekporneuó (Strong's 1608) in Greek. It literally means "to give oneself up to fornication".

More info: http://www.equip.org/article/is-arsenokoitai-really-that-mysterious/

Get out of the faith. You don't need it anyway seeing how willing you are to sell out truth for your perversion.
>>
>>5917798
http://biblehub.com/greek/arsenokoitai_733.htm

1 Corinthians 6:9 N-NMP
GRK: μαλαkοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοkοῖται
NAS: effeminate, nor homosexuals,
KJV: nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
INT: effeminate nor homosexuals

>Pagan ritual sex
No.
>This is also what Paul is alluding to in his letters to the Roman church leadership.
The bible is clear about what is a pegan ritual (worshipping the golden calf/moloch) and what is forbidden sex acts, that doesn't mean all mentions of sex acts are rituals.

Even if that was the case, there are many more verses from others against homosexuality that seemed to have ignored.

>There's actually an argument to be made that "sodomite" ought to refer to a bad host, not a homosexual.

Qadhesh denotes properly a male temple prostitute, one of the class attached to certain sanctuaries of heathen deities, and "consecrated" to the impure rites of their worship, see (Deuteronomy 23:17):

24 There were even male shrine prostitutes in the land; the people engaged in all the detestable practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before the Israelites.

>Either way, the people there attempted rape at the very least, so they're not cool no matter how you interpret the story. The fact that their actions would have been homosexual is incidental and irrelevant.

Both are part of sexual immorality, sodomy refers to sexual intercourse involving anal.

>That generally isn't why masturbation is considered a sin

Masturbation needs lust to happen, gay sex needs lust to happen, the only kind of sex that doesn't require lust is straight married sex because it can be done for procreation.

There are so many lonely people here complaining about either being alone or depressed of emty isolating casual sex.

>comes from centuries of bias

There are cultures who have been pro-homosexuality since the greeks and are now the norm in the US with the desecration of marriage. Christianity was always against immorality.
>>
>>5922250
>Christians danking verses back and forth
>>
I fully understand why our fellow Christians are resistant to our calls to reexamine the status of homosexuality in the Bible. I don't blame them at all.

What I don't understand is why atheists go out of their way to tell us how stupid/pathetic/self-hating we are and try to convince us that our religion is antithetical to our very existence. Why do they think it's any of their business? Do they derive particular satisfaction in putting us down and getting us to abandon our faith?
>>
>>5922273
>nonsense the post
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.