[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf is pansexuality ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: pan.jpg (92 KB, 1650x1155) Image search: [Google]
pan.jpg
92 KB, 1650x1155
help me /lgbt/. My friend came out as "pan" to me and my group, when he was explaining what it was (cause nobody had heard of it) it just sounded like he was bi?

What is Pansexuality?

pic related
>>
wasn't it bisexual but with an inclusion to transwomen?
>>
It's bi but more inclusive to transgender people
>>
It's attraction to all genders, including those outside of the gender binary, if you subscribe to that. It is NOT to include binary trans people (FTM & MTF), as they're men and women and fall inside the gender binary.
>>
File: hommer.png (103 KB, 362x323) Image search: [Google]
hommer.png
103 KB, 362x323
>>5902962
Why can't bisexuality cover attraction towards transgendered people too? I mean, if they change their sexuality from one to the other it would still be one of the two. Seems like another special snowflake meme to me.
>>
>>5902999
>Seems like another special snowflake meme to me.

desu I kinda feel the same way
>>
>>5902999
They're really saying they get hot with tits and dicks
>>
>>5903010
I mean, if you genuinely support transgender people and their efforts, by logic it makes sense for you to consider them as male or female after they have converted. The fact that there can be anything in between is just fucking autistic.
>>
>>5903017
people with a functioning set of ovaries and testicles? born that way?
>>5903017
>>
>>5902947
It's literally bisexuality, but with a special snowflake label for bi people who want to fuck people with other "non-binary" special snowflake labels.

Tell your friend to stop being a faggot. He's bi.
>>
>>5903026
>a minute percentage of the population needs special representation
Shut up. Intersex is such a fucking meme.
>>
>>5902947
The difference is pretty simple guys. It's nothing to do with trans people or made up genders.

A bisexual person has a list of things they find desirable in men and a list of things they find desirable in women. A pansexual has a single list of desirable traits.

In other words, to a pansexual, something like hair color or eye color might mean more to them then their partners gender.
>>
File: 1436556426658.jpg (22 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1436556426658.jpg
22 KB, 399x400
>>5903042
I'm (gay-leaning) bi, by the way.
>>
>>5903042
>to a pansexual, something like hair color or eye color might mean more to them then their partners gender.
So their incredibly shallow bisexuals who judge people based on their immutable characteristics?

More like Bi(got)sexual. :^) I must be pansexual because I like both men and women, but only if they're white.
>>
>>5903055
It's not about being shallow. It's about gender being an unimportant aspect.
>>
>>5903042
This is the best description I've seen so far.
>>
>>5903064
Gender being an unimportant aspect, but you literally just said immutable biological characteristics are more important.

So because I won't coalburn, I'm pansexual? Gender doesn't matter to me, but it doesn't matter to most bisexuals.
>>
>>5903070
Yes. Everybody has preferences for certain hair color or eye color or height or whatever. Thats natural.
>>
>>5903080
Then why do bisexuals inherently only like said attributes on one specific gender at a time? There is literally no reason that bisexuality can't be used to define "pansexuality"
>>
>>5903091
A bisexual usually prefers different things in boys and different things in girls. Like. They might like masculine buff guys and preppy girls, for example.
>>
File: 1428735825812.jpg (1 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
1428735825812.jpg
1 KB, 300x57
>>5903102
Said who?
>>
File: pansexuality.jpg (65 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
pansexuality.jpg
65 KB, 500x401
>>5902947
Pansexuality was originally an allusion to the Greek god Pan, the satyr. Pansexuality originally meant people who have sex with people *and* animals.

Then somewhere in the 2000s, in a desperate attempt to be special snowflakes, bisexuals co-opted the term and decided that it meant a more special version of bisexuality that includes the transgendered and non-binary.
>>
>>5903117
That's not what it means. Nothing to do with made up genders
>>
>>5903042
This is actually very common as an explanation from my patients who identify this way. I'm not sure that there's a proper medicinal definition, but this one seems very common to hear.
>>
>>5903055
TIL: Pansexuals are racists.
>>
It's total Bullshit Op, there are only two genders and there's straight, gay, and bi. Nothing else.
>>
>>5903036
>a minute percentage of the population
You mean like trans people?
>>
>>5903055
How is it any more shallow/bigoted than being attracted on the basis of someone's gender? And btw, if you're ONLY attracted to men and women but not other genders, you're bi, not pan.

>>5903070
It's really more about being "gender-blind" and not really noticing people's genders, than just being attracted to both. A bisexual might say "I'm attracted to white men and white women", while a pansexual would say "I'm attracted to white people."

>>5903117
>Pansexuality was originally an allusion to the Greek god Pan, the satyr. Pansexuality originally meant people who have sex with people *and* animals.
Do you have a source on that? If it uses the same conventions as other sexuality definitions, it refers to what GENDERS, not SPECIES one is attracted to (i.e. homosexuality doesn't mean attraction to the same species). Pan just means all, compared to bi which means two. So bisexuals are attracted to two genders, pansexuals are attracted to all of them.

>>5903853
There's asexuality as well, unless you insist on ignoring reality, in which case you might as well pretend everyone is a straight male.
>>
>>5902947
He's bi, and wants to get to dick girls who are crazy and likely BPD.
>>
>>5904452
>How is it any more shallow/bigoted than being attracted on the basis of someone's gender?
Because that's literally the definition of what sexuality and attraction are.
>if you're ONLY attracted to men and women but not other gender
Okay, 10/10 baitpost, you had me going there for a moment.
>>
File: 1244140416015.jpg (114 KB, 304x313) Image search: [Google]
1244140416015.jpg
114 KB, 304x313
>>5902947
It's basically just changing every sexual preference to:
Down to Clown
>>
>>5904503
>Because that's literally the definition of what sexuality and attraction are.
Arguing based on definitions is literally circular reasoning. I don't see how dating only males is any more or less bigoted than dating only whites.
>>
>>5904526
>Arguing based on definitions is literally circular reasoning
No, it "literally" isn't. Pay attention in your Intro. to Philosophy class a little more. Or at the least, google what you're posting about.

You're also assuming that everyone buys into "there are more than two genders" and "sexual orientation is more than who you are attracted to". Both of which are pointless arguments to have because they're based in non-logical feeling statements.
>>
Why does it piss people off so much? Its just a label. Just seems like gay people are upset because he gets to be a fag without the harsher labels going with it.
>>
>>5904555
>No, it "literally" isn't. Pay attention in your Intro. to Philosophy class a little more. Or at the least, google what you're posting about.
Yes it is. No new information can be arrived at using definitions, if you say X=Y all that tells you is that X=Y.

>You're also assuming that everyone buys into "there are more than two genders"
No, just that if you do buy into that there is a meaningful difference between bi and pan.

>"sexual orientation is more than who you are attracted to".
Never implied that at all. Just that you can be attracted on the basis of things other than gender.
>>
Pretty sure that whereas bi people may be attracted to certain gender traits in certain genders, gender is no object to pansexual people.
Something like that.
>>
>>5904939
There are 2 sexes
XX and XY
All others are mistakes and shouldn't breed. Intersex is way too fringe to care
>>
>>5908941
There is no such thing as a mistake. There is no conscious thought or intention involved in nature, it's just a matter of what is, is. The ONLY thing that sets intersex people apart is its statistical rarity.
>>
>>5902999
>Why can't bisexuality cover attraction towards transgendered people too?
It does.
>Seems like another special snowflake meme to me.
It is.
>>
>>5902947
You put your dick in a pan and fry it on high heat = pansexual
>>
>>5902999
Bisexuals respect transwomen as women and transmen as men, so they like "both" genders.

Pansexuals separate transwomen from "real" women and transmen from "real" men, so they like both genders, PLUS the freaks.
>>
>>5908852
>bi people are shallow meme
Please die.
>>
File: pepefrog.jpg (41 KB, 464x499) Image search: [Google]
pepefrog.jpg
41 KB, 464x499
>>5909508
this + trying to score cheap leftist brownie points by being explicit that they'd maybe fuck a trans person + biphobia. please cap and sticky so we can stop having this thread every other day.
>>
>>5904488
>tfw my nb partner is bpd and I'm a dpd transgirl
I'm a meme
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.