[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm curious. Is anyone else on here MTF and diabetic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: DyFNjMz.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DyFNjMz.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
I'm curious. Is anyone else on here MTF and diabetic?
>>
I'm trans, and type one, but I'm not on hormones or anything yet.
>>
>>5902205
How old are you? I found out I have type 1 when I was 23. I'm 25 now. Got my persecution for my insulin and my hormones on the same day haha
>>
>>5902261
23. I was diagnosed when I was 3. Unfortunately I'm not at a point in my life where I can come out and I'm already masculine so I'm pretty much fucked in terms of transitioning.
>>
>>5902293
that sucks :<
I'm told I pass okay despite starting at 23 and I thought I looked way to masculine, maybe you can start in a year or two and do okay?

How has having diabetes that long been for you?
>>
>>5902473
I dunno, I doubt it. My jaw is square as fuck and I have shoulders for days.

Diabetes sucks. I dealt with a lot of anger and depression due to it as a young teen before realizing I was fucking stupid and started trying my hardest to keep it in check. These days I float between 5.8-6.5 A1C because I don't want to lose my eyes or a foot or something. I've been lucky enough to make a lot of good friends through my diabetes.
>>
File: 1445982500524.gif (508 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1445982500524.gif
508 KB, 500x383
>>5902957
aweh :c you think you'll ever get to transition?

That's good. My last two were 6.2% and 5.9%. I worry so much about going blind.. It was 5.4% on my first one after getting diagnosed (11.3% when I went to the ER) but I was hardly eating I was so scared. No problems so far?

I keep waking up to high sugars so I can't sleep in. Trying to take my hormones at a diff hour to see if that effects it if not I'll change insulin. It's def something relatable, people don't realize what goes into taking care of it but another diabetic can.
>>
>>5903007
With A1Cs like that this early after diagnosis you have nothing to worry about. The people who lose their vision, feet, whatever lose it because they take shit care of their diabetes.

Antibiotics are another annoying thing if you haven't had those yet. Any time I have to take them I can't get my bloodsugar below 200 to save my life. So annoying.

I dunno, maybe, I just think it wouldn't do me any good. I know this is a shit mindset to have and all, but meh. I'd rather just suffer as an average looking guy than an ugly as fuck girl that would never pass.
>>
>>5903022
I hope so. My educator says I'm doing amazing but I've got this annoying/kinda useful thing where when my sugar gets low (or very high) I see things. Bit freaky, thought I had a tear the first time it happened and went to the ER.

Fuck tell me about it, every time I get sick I'm piratically stuck in that range. Gotta wait hours before I can eat.

I feel that. Yesterday some girl covered her mouth when she saw me and then whispered to her friend, times like that make me wanna stop and be 'normal' but I know I'd feel worse. Got anyone to talk about it? Like a therapist or something? I am happy at least that I finally did it instead of changing my mind in like my 30's and then looking worse. Did not know it was a thing till I was 17.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.