[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "Non-binary" and such real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1458429367645.jpg (67 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1458429367645.jpg
67 KB, 600x800
I mean, is there a way someone don't mind about his gender and can be comfortable with both genders? Like, a man that want to be more cute and start taking estrogens, transition to a girl and be okay with that, without gender dysphoria.
>>
>>5896398
yes.
>>
nonbinaries ruin everything desu

my school's trans group is like 95% nonbinaries who never want to talk about dysphoria or HRT or transitioning or anything, just muh pronouns and trigger warnings. they shame you and call you a "truscum" if you act like these things are important

we've also got a clothing swap closet that people donate clothes to and the DFAB nb's take all the female clothes out of it for themselves, which really defeats the purpose. most of them are definitely not in need either, they're always showing off their expensive makeup and dye jobs and new clothes and shit.
>>
>>5896398
If you are this, you have to ask yourself why you would want to look like a girl? A lot of people have gender dysphoria and don't know what it is. Some people only have very minor gender dysphoria and only want to look slightly like the other gender in order to feel ok with themselves. I've heard so many people say that 'they haven't got gender dysphoria' but they are taking HRT, or ID as trans, then when i ask them why they would want to look more like the opposite gender they often say things that sound a lot like gender dysphoria.
>>
i feel like it can be due to having mild or non-specific gender dysphoria sometimes, but usually it's either a cry for attention or a political statement
>>
>>5896436
Yeah there are definitely NB people that i find questionable, that seem to have no desire to change their appearance at all and are ok with their original pronouns, but they call themselves demi-girl or whatever because on the odd occasion they like wearing sweatpants and hoodies. Like if you don't have enough dysphoria that you don't want to change your pronouns or biological appearance, you are basically cis, and gaining access to trans only spaces in order to reap the benefits is a really shit thing to do.
>>
>>5896467

Can girls really claim to be suppressed if they are non-binary? They can literally dress / act any way they want and still be considered normal.

A man in a dress on the other hand...
>>
>>5896398
OP, post more cute boys in dresses.
For reasons.
>>
>>5896398
I don't mind my gender, and I'm confortable with being addressed both as a guy and as a girl. I'm not planning on taking hormones, though, and I do have slight dysphoria but it's not strong enough for me to consider transitioning. If I ever woke up as a guy, though, I would be really happy.
>>
>>5896480
From a relative social standpoint i'd absolutely say so, you'd get called a dyke etc. But from a relative fashion standpoint then i'd say no. Women by nature have far more freedom and options in regards to cloths
>>
File: 1457885933515.jpg (3 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
1457885933515.jpg
3 MB, 1920x2560
>>5896425
What if i get the urge to be a girl with no apparent reason or objective, but when i think about my man appearance it seems like i'm comfortable with it?

I get envy every time i see a cute girl (Idk why, specially those emo/scene girls) because i want so much to look like them, i wish i was born that way

And sometimes (before i've started to take anti-depressants, like escitalopram) i though only death was left to me because i'll never look like a cute teen emo girl with a cute boy/girlfriend.

It was the same thoughs i had when i was 9 years old, when i was envy of the pleasure girls get because if their vagina, and kind of felt a itch in my genitals, like if i wanted them to change. This disappeared with time.
>>
>>5896398
was this born a man?
>>
>>5896664

A few biggots calling a girl in boys clothes a dyke isn't comparable to the quantity of attention that a man in a dress would receive.
>>
>>5897214
You have dysphoria
>>
No, there are two gender and sex, regardless of dysphoria or genetic anomalies. People with phantom limb syndrome don't have their own political group.

The biggest problem with "non-binary genders" is that they're just fickle degrees of masculine or feminine.
>>
>>5897239
This, masculinity and femininity do not equal gender. Gender roles do not equal gender.
>>
>>5897247
It's kinda non-binaries who think they do though.

Trans people argue that it's all about bodies, either you're comfortable with your body's sex or you're not and you try to change it.

Nonbinaries think that because they like to wear pants sometimes and skirts other times it means they can't be female or male.
>>
>>5897237
Even if these feels keep coming and going away randomly? Like, when i think about my masculine body i start to think i'm "comfortable" with this and the thoughs about being a girl fade away, and start to come back again slowy...

Ah, Thanks for replying me Izzy.
>>
>>5897463
My partner is coming to to terms with being non binary and they experience body dysphoria, but would only want some of the male aspects of their body. They said they are unsure about taking testosterone. So i wouldn't say that all nb's think like that.
>>
>>5897529
Yes, people often have worse days. I'm MtF and there were some days where i genuinely felt 'maybe being a boy is ok' before transition. But those days became less and less frequent over time and eventually i transitioned. no matter how many times you convince yourself you're comfortable with it, those thoughts of being a girl will likely come back. At least that's how it was for me. Your dysphoria may be more mild than mine though, i dunno, i don't experience your dysphoria, i experience my own. But it definitely sounds like you have it.
>>
>>5897532
>would only want some of the male aspects of their body. They said they are unsure about taking testosterone

So they want to look like one of their kawaii tumblr andro girls.

Being trans isn't a fashion statement, fuck off with that shit.
>>
what is stopping these people from just being dudes who like girl things? or dudes who act kind of girly

why do you need a new label for yourself and why do you expect people around you to engage in your delusion
>>
>>5897684
I've had a very long conversation with them and it's definitely not that. They don't want body hair, a beard or becoming bald (mind you most men don't want to become bald) but they basically want everything else that comes with being male (lack of boobs, having a penis, increased libido etc, etc). I've had a long conversation with them about this and they've clearly expressed gender dysphoria at a young age. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they came out as totally FtM.
>>
File: transtrender.png (682 KB, 917x590) Image search: [Google]
transtrender.png
682 KB, 917x590
>>5897746
>They don't want body hair, a beard or becoming bald

That's what I said. They want to look like one of their kawaii andrognyous tumblr girls because they think it's fashionable and don't want any of the down sides of being male.

Being trans isn't a fashion statement though. It's a neurological condition. You aren't trans just because androgyny is fashionable right now and you want to join in on the trend.
>>
>>5897833
Transition is essentially there to get rid of or reduce dysphoria, they clearly have dysphoria and i have had a very long conversation with them. I'm not about to have an argument with some anon about my partner's gender identity.
>>
>>5897932
>they clearly have dysphoria

They want to feel special and get attention for following a fashion trend, as if being trans is some kind of rebellious teenage subculture.
>>
File: mac-jacket.jpg (36 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
mac-jacket.jpg
36 KB, 500x335
>>5896398
Just try to be nice to these people and understanding of the fact that they may possibly have trans feelings. For while, as I was in therapy to get HRT, I did for awhile identify as non-binary. It probably only lasted about six months or less, but it happened and I think it did because I was slowly stepping out of my birth gender. But I wasn't exactly ready to call myself by a female name. I think non-binary people without trans feelings can exist, but I don't really know if that's the case.

I do know of three people who identify as non-binary. Two have beards, one is obese, and two seem flamboyant but kind of mannish with their appearance and demeanor. It's just a complicated choice to make, but I don't want to judge them for their choice of pronouns and all that. I think we're conditioned to do that and it's kind of unfortunate.
>>
>>5896398
I'm well, nonbinary. I guess. What describes me is bigender.
I'm dfab but I like my vagina and all but I don't like my breast and I wish I had a penis. I want to have sex characteristics from both male and female and I want to look androgynous.
I like when people call me a dude but I also don't like being called a girl.
I experience dysphoria and the fact that I don't have a penis makes me dysphoric as fuck sometimes.
I looked up if I can even have a penis and a vagina and as of right now, in science they haven't been able to make both work at the same time so you know, life suck and then you die.
Well, at least I'm getting a haircut soon and I'm gonna try to make my voice sound androgynous.
Other nonbinary people can also experience dysphoria.
Like, agender people might wanna have no sex characteristics or maybe be androgynous too.
Yeah, well, that's all I know.
Demi girls/boys seem kinda ehhh tho.
It feels like most of them are just cis teens thinking they are something different just because they wear different clothes sometimes.
>>
>>5899869
shit i mean i like being called a girl too but whatever
>>
For the last goddamn time, if you can "ignore" and "don't feel your gender" it means there's no discrepancy between sex, gender, or perceived gender and in other words YOU ARE FUCKING CIS.
>>
>>5899869
Best is probably to take care of the aspergers, an stop looking at /d/
>>
>>5900072
Well, not everyone is a psycho who gets triggered that much about gender issues, some people just don't give a fuck that much about that part of their lives to make such a big deal out of it, doesn't mean their lives wouldn't improve if that part of their lives changes.
>>
I personally don't give that much fuck about gender itself, if I had to live my life as would be more comfortable for me I could care less about some fucking pronoun or a stamp in my passport.
So if some form of "non-binary" would be a thing I would consider it. Now sadly it's not really a thing, based on the majority of official positions and laws, so you just have to pick a team and hope that it's limitation would be less uncomfy as of the other team.
>>
>>5900117
>not everyone is a psycho who gets triggered that much about gender issues, some people just don't give a fuck that much about that part of their lives to make such a big deal out of it

Except every nonbinary is a raging SJW whose live revolves around being "trans" and the oppression they allegedly face for being a female who wears pants.
>>
>>5897463
Body is just a part of the gender though, leave you generalizations aside.
>>
>>5900157
Have you held a candle to every non-binary to make that statement?
>>
>>5897247
What does equal gender then?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.