[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's no wonder that sex change therapy makes trans peop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
It's no wonder that sex change therapy makes trans people feel better. We give them hormones that make them feel like they are of the opposite sex!
This is a misuse of medicine creates more problems than it solves. Specially because hrt may cause depression which would certainly influence the suicide rates of trans people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormone_replacement_therapy_(male-to-female)#Neurological.2FPsychiatric

>Mood changes can occur, such as the development of depression.
>>
>>5896008
And anti-depressants can cause suicidal thoughts.
>>
>>5896008
I'm not sure what you're even trying to say here. First you say it makes people feel better, then you say it makes them suicidally depressed, and all this is supposed to form some coherent argument that "this is a misuse of medicine that creates more problems than it solves"?
>>
>>5896008
>wikipedia
>>
Surgery makes them feel better. HRT may make them feel depressed. This is not even me saying it.
>>
>>5896073

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormone_replacement_therapy_(male-to-female)#Neurological.2FPsychiatric

>Mood changes can occur, such as the development of depression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexual#Regrets_and_detransitions

> A 2009 review of Medline literature suggests the total rate of patients expressing feelings of doubt or regret is estimated to be as high as 8%.

If the regret is low, then it means the surgery made them feel better. As you see, it wasn't me who said it.
>>
>>5896271
Many doctors don't record if people stop "transitioning" nor do they care if they don't come back.

I took my last pill over one year ago and my doctor hasn't called me yet.
>>
>>5896082
>>5896271
Plenty of people feel better after HRT even if they don't get the surgery. I think the operative word here is "may". Sure, there are known cases of HRT causing depression, but it seems pretty clear that isn't quite the norm.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.