[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Volunteer Work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: cheeky dog.webm (3 MB, 314x236) Image search: [Google]
cheeky dog.webm
3 MB, 314x236
Well, I'm 29 and reached the point of my life of self-fulfillment/non-critical activities. I recently went to my high school reunion and talked to a gay kid that I bullied back in high school. He told me how much my shit hurt him and how he nearly killed himself over it. It really hurt and shocked me - things I thought were simple banter and high school shit really had an impact on him.

I do want to atone for my shit and think I'll volunteer for some LGBT organization. Does anyone have experience with this? Are there any groups that need more help than others like transpeople compared to gays/bi's/lesbians? What's the most reputable organization you know of in the US?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>5895890
You are a good person
>>
>He didn't kill himself

You suck at bullying
>>
>>5896191
>>He didn't kill himself

And I'm glad. I spent 4 years in the Army and every act of violence takes a piece of your soul until there is nothing left no matter how evil the bad guys are.
>>
>>5895890
Most major cities in the US have programs that deliver meals to people with aids and are unable to feed themselves. A sizable portion are gay men, but almost all are people living in abject poverty. It's heartbreaking and tough, but these people need not only a square meal, but compassion and human touch. To this day there is still a stigma against physical interaction with people with aids/hiv. Contact your local pflag and ask them what you can do.

If you see discrimination, speak up. Good for you for trying to right your wrongs.
>>
>>5896238
>soul
>bad guys

No one ever said you had to play nice
>>
>>5896254

>killing people literally has no psychological impact on you.

Fuck off, kiddo.

>>5896163

Thanks.

>>5896251

Maybe I'm searching wrong, but I don't see volunteer opportunities for pflag outside of Chicago. I'm in Orlando, FL and the local chapter website only has donation/legal/meeting information and no volunteer info. I guess I can give them a call; thanks though.
>>
>>5895890
A couple of years ago I we to my high school reunion as well.

This girl who I vaguely remembered came up to me and accused me of bullying her all throughought middle school.

I honestly don't remember talking to her once in my entire life but she said I made her school life miserable. To be honest, I do remember no one liking her because she was pretty rude. But that's it.

I don't feel bad whatsoever. I don't remember doing it and even if I did, it's had no bearing on my life/ wasn't that big of a deal for me to remember. I'm pretty sharp when it comes to these things so I'd remember if I was intentionally "bullying" her.

Am I wrong to not care? Just wanted to know what you thought.
>>
>>5896273
>that anon that calls other anon kiddo

God, go kill yourself

If I had a nickel...
>>
>>5896404
>that anon that doesn't even have a nickel

holy shit what a poorfag.

Go find a job, bucko.
>>
>>5896600
>Your double dubs echo in vain

As soon as I get a tablet I'm gonna commission rule 34.

Too make more gay ppl. And get money

Neet till then
>>
No, fuck this anon >>5896163

You're a horrible person and you always will be. No amount of volunteer work is ever going to undo that. At best, you're the least scummy of the bunch. Fuck you.

And before you ask, no, I was never bullied, but I have absolutely zero sympathy for those that do that kind of thing to people. Fuck you.
>>
>>5896273
Why don't you ask the guy who you bullied? He might have some charity or organisation he holds close and you might even be able to work with him at the same time.
That is if you want to pursue a friendship with him?
>>
>>5896802
Not OP but get over yourself.

Kids do shit that's horrible all the time because they don't know better and want to fit in with their peers.

Imagine if every adult was judged on their teenage actions. Nah.
People change after school.
>>
>>5896802
I don't understand how you can be so filled with hate to hold a grudge against someone you never met.
OP feels remorseful and wants to make things right.
>>
>>5896818
High school is old enough to know that being a bully is bad.

>>5896837
Because I fucking hate people like this. This kid almost killed himself over what OP did to him. You can never take that back. He's gonna live with that his whole fucking life. And over what? Because this cunt wanted to have some fun with him? He didn't even realize that his 'banter' was as bad as it was until years later. How fucking oblivious must you be to not realize that torturing someone fucking hurts? Fuck OP.
>>
>>5896885
Maybe it's just a difference in our two persons.
When I see someone is remorseful and seeking forgiveness I find it hard not to forgive.
>>
>>5896885
Doesn't stop young people acting on misconceptions that they pick up from other people.
>>
OP
You should probably talk to the guy.
Wanting to make up for it and volunteering for an organization is great.
But what you did wasn't just something against lgbt people as a group. It was against him personally and your apology/repentance should also be to him personally.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.