[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detransitioning help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: layer_cut.jpg (37 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
layer_cut.jpg
37 KB, 500x332
TL;DR Help me figure out why I don't have the balls to cut my hair.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but figured why not. Sorry in advance for any personal agenda shit. I've thought that I was trans for a very long time and have been on hormones for a while. After some realization and long thinking I realize I'm never going to be a woman and me ever thinking it was possible was insane of myself to think. I was kinda happy as a man before and forced myself into transition. I bought all new clothes again and have started living as a man and have thoroughly enjoyed it. No stares in public, no weird misgendering at the register, even had a couple of girls interested in me. Everything's pretty much back to normal except for my hair. I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to cut it back to it's normal length. Everytime I go to the feelings come back and I just can't do it. I usually keep it in a "man bun" but every time I put the hair in between the scissors I stop myself. I start to remember how long it took to grow and the fact that my job I just lost allowed me to do this, but if I want to find another job as a guy it would be a lot easier to get it cut. I also like the way it looks cut, and I'm sure it would help me with women as well. Any advice on how I can grow a pair and just do it would be pre dope. Tenks.gif
>>
>>5890368
because detransitioning is a terrible idea, and you know it
>>
>>5890368
>im not a tranny
>i can't cut my long pretty giirl haiiir
lmao
>>
I know bait when I see it and this is definitely bait.
>>
Ever thought about just keeping the long hair? You don't need it to be short just to be a guy, and depending on what you'd be applying for, I don't think people are going to turn you down for having long hair as long as you keep it clean and in a man bun as you said.
>>
What the fuck are you asking? Should I cut my hair?

Fuck I dunno cut it if you want too Jesus did this need it's own thread?
>>
File: DKJRd4N.gif (702 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
DKJRd4N.gif
702 KB, 320x240
>>5890418
This isn't bait, I honestly have better things to do with my time than to fuck with people on the internet for fun.

>> 5890425
I want to be able to go into the working world and be taken seriously than to be that weird guy with the long hair. That and the fact that it looks weird with the way I dress now. Plus I'd like to get some kind of desk job while still in college.
>>
>>5890440
I can't really give you any advice on how to be ready to cut your hair, but it doesn't seem to be holding you back socially right now, and I don't think it will hold you back from getting a job as long as you keep it neat and clean, even a desk job. So just keep it for now and don't worry about it, when you're ready to cut the hair you can cut it.
>>
>>5890368
Shave it.

Get a military cut. When you wake up in the morning, and realize you don't have to spend a single second making sure your hair is in order, you'll appreciate the decision.

Yeah, you'll miss your long hair, probably. But if you're hung-up over this, you'll never really "de-"transition
>>
can you post a photo op of your face and your man bun that sounds cute

there's nothing wrong in taking the time to get comfortable with detransitioning. one day you'll take up with less anxiety towards cutting off your hair and in the mean time theres nothing wrong with having long hair as a man
>>
Hair is hair, it's your choice. Just keep it clean and looking good.
>>
Ever thought of trying to live as a long haired femboy?

Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you gotta be masc.
>>
>I'm not a tranny
>I just want to be girly and be a girl and not get shit on by my society and have self-worth
>but I'm literally retarded and bought into /pol/ memes instead of my own experience and the expertise of the entire medical community so that's never going to be possible ever :)

You know exactly why you're not going through with this. You know full damn well.
>>
>>5896450
This.

OP, were you tired of being treated like a freak or legitimately didn't want to be a woman?

Most people with thoughts of detransitioning don't say it's because they don't want to anymore, it's because they're tired of dealing with the stress.

I think you should just go >>5896447.
See if that helps you. There is no point to stop taking your pills or to cut your hair. Just socially be a man and continue your journey. You might feel differently later and if you do you won't be in a worse place.
>>
>>5890368
Did you grow tits?
>>
>>5890375
Do you honestly think transitioning is a good idea?

You act like one of these choices are a "good idea".
>>
>>5890368
The ride never ends. You will have a dysphoric breakdown in about a year and regret detransitioning. I know because 4 years ago I shaved my head and forced myself to man up and all it did was impede my transition.
>>
>>5896460
>There is no point to stop taking your pills or to cut your hair

*sigh* just do whatever you want OP, as long as you sure in your decision and you doesn't have negative consequences for yourself or other people in the long term and short term.
Other than that accept yourself and realistic exceptions.
I swear the transgender umbrella is like a cult sometimes.
>>
>>5896605
>exceptions.
expectations*
>>
>>5890368
Why not stay on hormones and go femboy mode?
>>
Actually been here
>hrt 6 months
>growing hair for year
>stop estrogen
>long locks die
>cut hair be sad

Yup it happens
>>
>>5896447
>>5896460
What are some good long hair styles
>>
File: haircutkjjkih.jpg (24 KB, 192x269) Image search: [Google]
haircutkjjkih.jpg
24 KB, 192x269
>>5897380
I love this one! If you can pull it off.
>>
Sorry again for the life story personal agenda shit.

Thank you to:
>>5896447
For the adivce <3, will probably end up doing this.

In response to:
>>5896460
I've never fully felt like a woman. I feel I'm right down the middle. Don't get me wrong the being treated like a freak stigma is a big part of not finishing my transition, but the other huge part is that I look at other girls and the way they act, and I just can't stand it. I like andro clothes, but whenever I put on actual female clothing like camis or bras, or wear makeup, my body just feels completely off. It's weird and I can't explain it, but I've always found women extremely attractive, I love to do stuff like skateboard, play video games, go to parties with the bro's, listen to rap and get involved in the fashion aspect of the culture as well. I hate having girls as "just friends" cause they backstab the fuck out of each other it's crazy. It happened to me once, didn't even get upset was just like nopethefuckout.jpeg. I hate being treated like a girl too. Probably sound like a spoiled fuck for saying this, but I had to stop my friends from treating me like a girl cause treating me like I'm a weak fuck annoys the shit out of me. But whenever I've tried in the past to detransition I just end up going back to it. I like having a thin soft body, smelling like flowers, having cute long hair, and a curvy figure, but men and penises disgust the shit out off me. I should probably be thrown in an institution cause I'm more mentally ill than probably anyone else on this board for thinking I can live as both a man and woman at the same time, but I don't know what to do anymore. Going on and off meds like this every couple months or so can't be healthy.
>>
>>5897914
oh hey i feel a lot of those things

want to play checkers in the loonybin?
>>
>>5897914
>talking about gender role shit yadda yadda
Let me boil this down for you. The only thing in your post about actual sexual dimorphism is you saying you want to be curvy
Sounds like your brain and body would be happiest being on estrogen. I severely recommend you think carefully before hormonally detransitioning

Everything you posted are feels that many queer females have such as feeling diacomfort in femme clothes, socially preferring the company of masculine people, etc
>>
>>5898240
What about never liking the idea of growing boobs, and never intending or ever wanting to get rid of my penis?
>>
>>5898240
>Sounds like your brain and body would be happiest being on estrogen
>Going on and off meds like this every couple months
>my body just feels completely off. It's weird and I can't explain it
>>5898339

OP is going to stop anyway, and they maybe they should before things get even more doubtful and permanent.

If your body feels weird OP, its because the endocrine system is balancing itself. Take care of your self Anon.
>>
Long hair is a pretty confident look: most people would consider Chris Hemsworth to be masculine. It depends on your personality and how you portray yourself.

Short hair can be cute too: plenty of hot girls now a days sporting very short hair styles.

If it looks good, nice color, slick curls, and most girls would kill for it: coming up to you to glide their fingers through it... You should probably leave it... Take it to shoulder length maybe.

If it's dull and knotty and gross and out of control all the time and you only want it because of the time it took to grow it, cut it off.
>>
>You dressed up as a girl once?
>You must be a tranny!

Don't listen to the 4chan advice please OP
>>
>>5896479
good pt.
I'm stuck in limbo
femmy guy with career, but can present/passable as full fem too
can't handle social backlash of being trans
>>
>>5890368
>wants to detransition
>too scared to become more masculine
km8
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.