[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can LGBT Discrimination Be Positive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: cameratest.jpg (2 MB, 1739x1900) Image search: [Google]
cameratest.jpg
2 MB, 1739x1900
In my global citizens class we are having debates and my group got stuck arguing on the positive side of "LGBT discrimination is a violation of human rights". I think we can all agree that discrimination in almost any form is a violation of human rights on some level, so how could I possibly argue for this??

Is there ever a time where you would consider discrimination because of someone's sexual orientation to be acceptable? Sports, medicine, and religious organizations all claim to have solid reasoning behind their stances, but they seem weak at best.

I'm bisexual myself and personally I can't see how discrimination is anything but detrimental to society and progress.

Pic unrelated, ex bf
>>
other than special situations, which are related to the utmost importance of biologically reproducing offsprings, such as in the events of post apocalypse where human race is near extinction (global pop <10k total) or in the first space colony in say Mars if that ever happens

but that doesn't happen in the current Earth unless most of the world got nuked in nuclear fallout or rampant reproductive system defects in human offsprings due to mutations

certain 1st world countries with low birth rates and tough immigration will most likely discriminate non-hetero couples with "family-raising" incentives though, in the name of "preserving" the pureness of their race
>>
>>5883594

>>5883594
Positive?

Sure, on a utilitarian basis .

E.g. it could be argued that gay males have and certain diseases at a higher rate than the base population . marginalizing gay men during the height of the HIV AIDs epidemic , shutting down the bathhouses , or even jailing them or executing them.

>Is there ever a time where you would consider discrimination because of someone's sexual orientation to be acceptable?

Bar owners whose target is mainly heterosexual drinkers between 21 and 35.

Hear me out:
Men are the biggest drinkers and best customers, but to attract them you first need women to come.

10 female regulars may attract 50 make regulars .

To attract females, the bar may want to spruce up the place, widen their range of drinks, and hire a bartender that could make a personal connection to potential customers.

Typically , the bar tender is male, and a walking advertisement as well- tall, young, handsome.

"My bartender makes the best drinks " is usually an imagined fact, and a veil for "my bartender is so hot!"

Problem: straight male bartenders may take advantage of this, and freepour to get laid.

Solution: hire a gay bartender with no lisp, and watch revenues soar.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.