[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you realized outward appearance isn't the key to happiness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
Have you realized outward appearance isn't the key to happiness?
>>
>>5879669
Bullshit.
>>
>>5879669

>tfw no qt doggy
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 720x960
>>5879669
Cute puppies are
>>
Nothing in my life has made me happy so far

What is supposed to?
>>
>>5879714
Other people
>>
Holy shit you're right
I was just too shallow
I'm cured
>>
>>5879720
But Sartre said that's what hell is
>>
>>5879669
You know that the people who say "Money doesn't buy happiness" are also generally well-off enough not to worry about money on a day-to-day basis?

If you're already comfortable with your body, it's pretty easy to tell people that they should be too.
>>
>>5879720

What this anon said is true.

>>5879756

Pretty much. Try focusing on helping others, like volunteering, and you will feel better. There is a whole world of people who could use your help.

Seeing the happiness of someone who is less fortunate than you and knowing you are the one who caused that is a good feeling.

>>5879766

Money does buy happiness, when you spend it on other people.
>>
Yes. The guy I have a crush on is fat but he's smart, has kind eyes and seems pretty nice from the few interactions I've had with him.
>>
>>5880807
>t. a chubby chaser
>>
>>5881037
I'm not a chubby chaser, I like a wide variety of bodies.
>>
>>5881304
You don't have to be exclusively attracted to chubbies to be chubby chaser.

Basically if you are attracted to fat guys dont pretend you only look at their personality
>>
>>5881428

Maybe they're not being shallow.
>>
>>5881446
He admitted he "likes a variety of bodies" which is a soft way to say "I like fat people too"

It's easy not to be shallow when you like the surface
>>
File: fB19z.gif?noredirect.gif (804 KB, 1307x734) Image search: [Google]
fB19z.gif?noredirect.gif
804 KB, 1307x734
>>5881509
>a wide variety of bodies
>>
>>5881530
i knew what he meant i literally said it
>>
>>5881584
No, you didn't; it was entirely a joke. I'm not that keen on fat people. The guy in question has been working in the same office as me for about a year now and it was only recently that I actually talked to him, and that was when I started to like him. Strangely enough, the surface becomes more attractive when there's something nice beneath it. If that makes me a chubby chaser then okay.
>>
>>5881509
>>5881530

"Wide variety" means multiple types, not exclusively wide ones.
>>
>>5880771
Nah, the key to happiness isn't really "other people." Yes, helping others is a bug part of it, but it's not everything.

The key to happiness is purpose. Happy people are people who genuinely feel that their life serves a purpose for the greater good. They spend their lives working for this purpose - it generally translates to their passion.

Passion is found when your talent meets the needs of the world - whatever that may be. It doesn't have to be anything crazy or world changing - it just has to make sense to you.

Find you passion and you will find your purpose. Follow your passion and your purpose and you will find happiness.
>>
>>5879669
It isn't the key to happiness
But it makes life easier and a easy life is the key to happyness

>>5879720
But others treat you better when you look good and treat you bad when you look like a manfaced hon, so appearence is a big part at least
>>
>>5882715

Purpose doesn't really exist. It's a concept made up by humans. Life doesn't have a purpose.
>>
>>5882727
>a easy life is the key to happyness

An easy life is just easy. It doesn't mean it will be a happy one.
>>
>>5879669
Yep although i realize its a huge chunk of it you cant ignore.
>>
>>5882769
Back to edgebase with you my friend!
>>5882715
Thank you. Such a large part of being human is having purpose.
I can guarantee you that at least 80% of all cases of depression can be cured with a camera, some paper and pencils or a typewriter.
>>
>>5882769
That's why it's important to find YOUR purpose, you fucking moron. Just by virtue of being alive and cognizant, that gives you the right to define your purpose as you see fit.

Sure - if you reduce everything down to biology and physics there really isn't any purpose to anything that we know of - but because you live and think, you can find one for yourself.

I know you think it's impressive to conduct yourself as some faux-intellectual faggot teenager - I was there once too. But it's really unattractive, desu.
>>
>>5882824
>>5882834

It's true.
>>
>>5882810
>you cant ignore

Yes I can.
>>
>>5879669
It is unless you want to be a loner.
>>
>>5879669
I find that being disenfranchised and owning it lends you to be ambivalent, which allows you to just not care.
>>
>>5882893

Do you think every other person is shallow, Anon?
>>
>>5882933

Indeed.
>>
>>5879761
Two things can be true.
>>
>>5882933
Ambivalence is good, unless it leads to numbness. Accept the ambiguity of existence, balance the discomfort with self-awareness and genuine love for yourself and others, and ambivalence becomes fuel for invention, creation, action.

Wake up. Then stay woke.
>>
>>5891421
Are you retards even capable of speaking in English?
>>
>>5879669
Nah, seriously over the years I've learned to stop chasing conventional hotties (who are mostly arrogant pieces of shit half the time) and find something to like in more homey dates.

Extremely conventionally attractive people don't seem to develop right in the head. Something about them being that attractive spoils them to some important part of the human experience having to do with humility.

Stopping wishing I could be validated by extremely conventionally attractive types has been a great boost to my self-esteem.
>>
>>5891423
You'll understand when you're older, sweetheart.
>>
>>5879720
>Other people are supposed to make me happy
>Have been happy about alot of things, none of which had anything to do with people around me
>>
>>5881304
>A WIDE variety of bodies

Holy shit my sides.
>>
>>5879714
Money
>>
>>5891402
Nice try, dialetheists!
>>
>>5879669
HAHAHAHA YOU UGLY NIGGER
>>
>>5879669
>stop going by physical appearance
>start looking at how a person behaves, particularly towards other people
>how they act to a person's face vs behind their back
>what other people say about them
>what they say about other people
>try to understand why
>die inside

Ignorance is the key to happiness; one who is ignorant of the essence can easily find happiness in the form. Happiness that exists independent of ignorance or insanity is scarce.
>>
>>5879669
On what planet do you live on?
>>
>>5891421

I don't know what you're talking about but you sound smart.
>>
>>5891558
tehehehehe
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.