[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think it's morally justifiable to lie and give blood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 261x193
Do you think it's morally justifiable to lie and give blood even though you put a willy in your bum?
>>
yes, as long as you're in a monogamous relationship and are 100% clean. If my bf and i are both clean as a whistle but we put our dongles in eachother's butt pockets it literally makes no sense to deny us.
>>
No. I donate blood because I know there is no chance of it being wrong. Even in a relationship you can ever really know. Cheating statistics are through the roof.
>>
>>5874594
Why would you even donate blood?
>>
>>5875265
..because people need it to not die, anon.
>>
>>5874594
Is it morably justifiable to potentially kill someone?
>>
>>5875282
And?
Let them die.
>>
>>5875293
Is it morally justifiable to allow a shortage of blood to kill someone?
>>
>>5874594
As long as it's been about 2 weeks since you've had sex I see no problems with anyone lying. They test every sample.
But yeah if you've had sex within the past couple weeks you're a pretty shitty person.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 800x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 800x535
>>5875299
>>
>>5875310
They don't test every sample though. And hiv can take six months to show up
>>
>>5875317
Uh, yes they do test every sample in the majority of countries. Maybe if you live in places like Russia they don't, but Russia often uses something called Perftoran, which is an artificial blood, because they don't have a very clean supply of actual blood donations.
In most countries I believe they actually pull 2-3 samples from every donation and test each sample twice to rule out false negatives. They don't combine blood or anything, that's a myth.
>>
>>5875341
Also the RNA test has a window period of only about 4-5 days but they recommend 2 weeks since by then it's above 99% accurate
>>
>>5874594
Why donate to them? If they don't want it, then they're welcome to bleed out.
>>
>>5875380
The folks who need the blood didn't make the rules.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 500x383
I donate for money.

Never had gay sex so I don't lie.
>>
>>5875293
If it is the only way to prevent others from dying, then yes.
>>
>>5874594
they dont take my blood b/c I have thalassemia.
>TFW medical conditions stop you from being discriminated against.
>>
>>5876094
>thalassemia
Your blood is made out of the sea?
>>
It's been a long time since I donated blood because I'm a shitty person, but I don't remember them asking me if I had gay sex. They asked if I was sexually active, I said yes, they marked something on the form. I think they asked me if I had any STDs and if I was donating blood specifically to get a blood test. Then they took my blood, that was it.

That was... holy shit, 12 years ago? Wow. So that may no longer be the case...
>>
>banned for life from donating blood
>can still donate organs
>>
>>5874594
>Do you think it's morally justifiable to lie and give blood even though you put a willy in your bum?

Are the FDA's reactionary policies justifiable to begin with? They're the ones allowing people to die because they insist on pushing some decades-old science. Let's not forget who the real bad guys are, OP.

HIV screening methods are considerably more accurate today. A person's sexual history honestly isn't any concern at this point. It's not like this is even a common policy outside of the U.S.
>>
>>5874594
You know they stopped turning people down for that, right?
>>
>>5874594
if I've been tested since the last time I took a dick up my ass, and came up negative, then yes.
>>
Do any of you think there is a big enough loser out there who knows there hiv + and donates blood
>>
For Americans, the FDA just revised their guidelines back in December to be a one year ban, not a lifelong one anymore.
http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBloodVaccines/BloodBloodProducts/QuestionsaboutBlood/ucm108186.htm
Also very interesting, the policy on trans people used to be that they went by your genetic sex, but now it's
>The FDA’s recommendation to blood establishments is that in the context of the donor history questionnaire, male or female gender should be self-identified and self-reported for the purpose of blood donation.
>>
File: BnlzkhUh.jpg (113 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
BnlzkhUh.jpg
113 KB, 720x720
>>5875299
>>
>>5881360
>>5874594
It's having a biased on anal sex just a way to fuck gay people over. Don't straight people have anal sex anymore? I went to a clinic and was with my boyfriend but then the woman said that they didn't take blood from "our" kind and I was offended.
>>
>>5875316
>>5875299
>>5882196
and so what? people are dying of starvation RIGHT now, and the internet your using, that plan, whatever it is, could be used to save lives. CHILDRENS lives. so what, only children who need food and not blood deserve to die?
>>
>>5882203
straight people tend to have a lot less partners. sorta, child thing holds em down.
>>
>Do you think it's morally justifiable to lie and give blood even though you put a willy in your bum?

Depends on your reasons for lying. There's literally dozens of things a person can do for the Red Cross to save lives that aren't donating blood. If lifesaving is your motivation, then go do one of those first.

>>5875303
Now if there's a genuine shortage on in your area, as blood products have a very short shelf life and don't travel well, then calculus is different. And of course, what sort of sex and who you're having it with makes a big difference. But under ordinary circumstances? Don't do it.

>>5881337
Yes I do. He justifies it by having his HIV test at undetectable levels. I also know at least two other people who are HIV- but who also go to circuit parties regularly, and donate blood. They think it's ok because they're on PrEP. All three of these guys do it for political reasons, and think the FDA and CDC and Red Cross are being bigots.
>>
>>5875299
With blood donations you can save any life. Whst would xou say if you bled out right at this moment? What if a loved one bled out? Would you demand donated blood to save your or their life? Would you reject it? Blood is also needed during operations. Do you realize how many people would die without blood donations?
>>
>>5882228
This has never been claimed in this threat. Are you retarted? If there is a chance to save a life you just take it and even if it is by donating blood, or by donating money to organizations that deliver food to hungry children.
>>
>>5878557
I never got this. They say that organs are more thoroughly checked for diseases, but that's a flat out lie; they use the same RNA HIV test on every donation.

Not to mention, I'm AB+ (i.e. a universal plasma donor), so I tend to donate plasma instead of blood, because virgin. It's much easier to boil and freeze plasma to remove any possible HIV present than it is to do with organs, so why would my plasma considered higher risk than my kidney if I had sex?
>>
>>5874594
I'm a girl, and I did put my boyfriend's willy in my bum, more than once. We always use a condom for it and have no STDs. I can't donate blood anyway because I'm anemic, but if I could, should I inform the doctors that I tried anal while being in the opposite-sex relationship? We did the same thing gay men are forbidden from donating for.
>>
>>5883485
Scarcity is the reason.
>>
>>5883378
>Do you realize how many people would die without blood donations?
Do you realize how much I don't care?
They didn't want it, now they won't get it.

Why would they want blood from a homo anyway? What if they catch the gay too?
I mean most people would rather die so why not save them the trouble?
>>
>>5884429
Not unless your boyfriend's willy ever previously found itself inside another man.
>>
>>5883403
>If there is a chance to save a life you just take it and even if it is by donating blood, or by donating money to organizations that deliver food to hungry children.
Fuck that. I ain't funding my own murderers.
>>
>>5875265
>>5875299
>>5882228
>>5884493
>>5884503

You have to be over 18 to post here, anon.
>>
>>5884518
>good samaritan
>>
>>5875299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swvf3w6hcY4
>>
>>5875265
>>5875299
Angry pozfag detected
>>
>>5874594
The reason for this is because of logistical ease. If 3% of the population are responsible for most new cases of HIV then its no big loss from omitting them .

I respect that from an administrative standpoint, though was taken aback from an emotional standpoint the first time hearing about this .

Also, while I trust my boyfriend 99.99999999999%, I can't be 100% sure he didn't fuck someone yesterday, or was raped and didn't tell me about it, which a chance of getting something transmittible.

Blood isn't as big of an issue btw as organ and tissue transplants btw.
>>
File: 1424733636716.jpg (115 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1424733636716.jpg
115 KB, 900x900
>O-
>banned4life because sexually active bottom and former drug injector
>always use a condom and haven't ever fugged raw
>I never shared works and I never used with someone else so no chance of accidentally sharing works
>get tested regularly and definitely don't have anything

if they don't want it then I'm perfectly happy with the Red Cross keeping their filthy hands off my precious bodily fluids 2bh
>>
I refuse to donate blood because they won't pay me. I wont donate organs either. Give me cash and I'd give you as much blood as you want.
>>
>>5885523
How does a voucher for a subway footlong and a drink of your choosing sound?
>>
>>5884493
>They didn't want it

Are you really so retarded that you can't tell the difference between the people who set the policy and the people who actually receive the blood?

Goddamn you really are underage.
>>
I've donated blood and volunteered for the Red Cross before. The reason they give for not accepting (non-virgin) gay blood is the FDA, but the FDA recently changed the window to 1 year, whereas the Red Cross bans you if you've had anal sex with a male from the 70s onwards, or if you've had sex with someone who had anal sex. My guess is they're just behind the times and haven't had enough pressure put on them to change. The window should really be about 2 weeks, a month if they want to be extra paranoid. Every single blood donation is tested, it will never get past them unless the donator contracted the disease extremely recently.

Considering how politically popular LGBT rights are now, this could all change within the next few years.
>>
>>5884503
But how does anal with a man differ from anal with a woman? Anuses are pretty much the same for both genders.
>>
>>5885663
Sorry, I was talking to >>5884496
>>
>>5884429
>>5885663

>We did the same thing gay men are forbidden from donating for.

It's not just the action. It's the statistical population. If you're a woman getting anal from a man who's from a high risk population group, Bisexuals, IV drug users, living in Africa, you should take extra precautions and wait a year.

>>5885637
They were slow to put the rules in, in the first place, and people died because of it. And the rules need to be simple enough so even fucking morons can understand them.

>>5883485
Risk vs reward. If blood products had a years long waiting list the way organs do, you absolutely would see the donation rules loosen faster.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.