[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really that bad if I refuse to refer to a tranny by their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: monkeybone.png (283 KB, 619x477) Image search: [Google]
monkeybone.png
283 KB, 619x477
Is it really that bad if I refuse to refer to a tranny by their preferred pronoun?
>>
>>5870182
Obvious bait there is obvious. But yeah mate you're being a dickbag.
>>
>>5870182
yes
>>
>>5870189
>>5870199
but if I refer to them by their preferred pronoun they might think it's okay to hit on me.
>>
>>5870213
If you have trouble following basic manners then you won't be getting hit on anyway.
>>
>>5870220
You don't know many trans-people, don't you?
>>
Do I have to use their preferred pronoun if they're pre-op?
>>
>>5870220
>basic manners
now wait a second here. I'm not calling them names like "faggot" or anything, I'm just referring to them for what they really are: their birth given gender. Is it really rude if you just don't want to play games with people?
>>
Obvious b8 sage.
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457 KB, 600x450
>>5870220
>>5870199
>>5870230
>Replying and probably not saging.
Can you not reply to, or at least sage bait threads? This isn't written like /pol/ rhetoric, it's shit-tier bate. God I bet y'all're newfag "asexual agenders" or something.
>>
>>5870213
So do you use the wrong pronouns on cis people you find unattractive too?

>>5870241
Yes, the only time you might not have to is if they haven't started socially transitioning yet.

>>5870249
Yes, it is rude if you go out of your way to make people uncomfortable.
>>
>>5870306
>cis
I don't know what this is nor do I care, so don't bother trying to explain it.

>it is rude if you go out of your way to make people uncomfortable.
Except when the sky is blue you don't go out of your way to call it blue. I'd be going out of my way if I were forced to memorize a bunch of made up words that didn't exist ten years ago. I have a hard enough time remembering what people's names are, now I have to memorize if they want to be called xis or xers? I don't even know how that's supposed to be pronounced.
>>
>>5870334
Cis = Not privileged enough to be trans.
>>
>>5870334
>now I have to memorize if they want to be called xis or xers?

MY SIDES ARE IN ORBIT

Holy shit, you made my fucking day anon.

Oh wait.

You weren't being serious, were you?
>>
>>5870334
Cisgender people are people who aren't transgender.
From the latin, cis - on the same side of
trans - on the opposite side of
Cis is to trans as straight is to gay.

Also, I feel you for not wanting to deal with the tumblr bullshit, but the majority of trans people just want the regular he or she pronouns.
>>
>>5870283
>trans shitting on people who at worst don't care
>trans demand people use their pronouns and treat them like something that they probably don't even look like
Wowowowowow!!!
>>
>>5870365
This, most are not tumblr tier at least in my limited experience with trannies. It feels strange using the pronouns incorrectly. Because that is what they are requesting you do. If they pass well like one of them did it dod not bother me really at all. But the other one...the hon...yeah I felt like he was asking me to warp reality. Also the hon was the most vocal about it because he had to be there was no way a rational person on the street would think to call him she. Sorry hons it's just life nigga. The passers are incognegro as fuck.
>>
>>5870387
Honestly, if it's that bad, I'd say just avoid talking about that person and if you do, just use their name instead of pronouns.
>>
>>5870334
>I don't know what this is nor do I care, so don't bother trying to explain it.
It means not transgender.

>Except when the sky is blue you don't go out of your way to call it blue. I'd be going out of my way if I were forced to memorize a bunch of made up words that didn't exist ten years ago. I have a hard enough time remembering what people's names are, now I have to memorize if they want to be called xis or xers? I don't even know how that's supposed to be pronounced.
I have trouble with names too, but I don't use that as an excuse to intentionally call people by the wrong name. It doesn't make you literally hitler if you forget someone's pronouns, but you should at least make an effort, or at least call people they - it's gender neutral, so most people should be okay with it, it's certainly better than blatantly misgendering them. And the vast majority of trans people don't use neopronouns, they're happy with just being he or she.

>>5870344
How does being trans require privilege?
>>
>>5870182
Do you mean they or it?
>>
>>5870182
It could be their last straw in their world of shit.
And even if it's not their last straw, you're only pushing them closer to that point and needlessly causing them pain and making their lives difficult.
>>
>>5870189
>>Obvious bait there is obvious. But yeah mate you're being a dickbag.

found the unpassable man

hi bruce
>>
>>5870182
If they don't pass and make no effort into passing then no.
>>
>>5870182
Yes. That's rude.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.