[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lgbt I need some help. Now before you all just reject me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
Hey /lgbt I need some help. Now before you all just reject me hear me out guys. I feel like being gay is a choice. I, for as long as I've known enjoyed things like cheddar cheese and rock music. But does that mean I am biologically inclined to only enjoy cheddar cheese and rock music? What if I grew up in mainland china where those two things are virtually non existant? Would I still love cheddar cheese and rock music? Can you guys explain?
>>
>>5869894
I can say two things:

1) The way you are raised most definitely has an effect on who you will end up being. This holds especially true for rural countries/communities where connection to the world outside of your 'bubble' is rare.

2) I believe that you are born gay/trans/whatever, and that growing up in an environment such as the above can suppress these emotions/feelings/urges/whatever. This does not make you NOT gay/trans/whatever.

I grew up super Christian, and even without ever being exposed to it I knew from a young age that I like guys, not grills. For a long time I didn't know what to do with these emotions so I kept them bottled up and continued to be the pretty little snowflake everyone wants me to be. It was only after reaching a certain age when I started looking past what I was told to be right and/or wrong and instead looking at my own thoughts and opinions (I'm guessing it was part of the whole teenage rebellion phase), which was when I started identifying as being gay.

Would my life have been better if I "chose" to remain in the closet? Yes, on the outside, but it would have destroyed me emotionally. Would I (or any gay/trans/whatever person) be able to "choose" not being how we are? No, and you should feel bad for asking.

I'm not getting hostile, but just get over it. Some guys love dick, some girls love the vag, some guys are born in a girl's body and vice versa.

People are weird and we come in many varieties. Accept it and move on.
>>
>>5869894
>>5869942
Also I'll add that music / food preferences are definitely not a choice.

Once again, it's definitely affected by your upbringing and culture, but if you don't like something, you never will.

Look at people that walk away from cult-like communities / cultures, people that renounce religions that may kill them for it. If you're not feeling something, it won't happen.

Also I would not be able to listen to pop even if a relationship would be on the line. Hate it. Gimme some old-school rock.
>>
Liking cheese or rock music =/= liking guys or girls
>>
>>5869961
Agreed.

Apples to oranges.
>>
>>5869953
So you're saying that if I was brought up in a place where those things never existed I would still like cheese and rock music (purely examples by the way) regardless of that?
>>
>>5869894
I don't think the whole choice debate is in anyway productive. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality. Basing your arguments on facts that aren't proven when they aren't even a good way to support your position is just a bad strategy.
>>
>>5869971
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with sleeping with the occasional guy. We all know the Greeks did it. But getting rid of your chance to have a child and make a contribution to the human race? How is that not wrong
>>
>>5869967
They're still likes though.
>>
>>5869993
You can still have biological kids if you want. Nothing about being gay prevents that.
>>
>>5869993
>getting rid of your chance to have a child and make a contribution to the human race?
The human race isn't exactly in risk of underpopulation.
>>
>>5870003
But it's not going to be your kid really. It's going to be half yours and your partner will have to love it. How can you do that?
>>
>>5870006
You're right. Maybe it's best if you don't have kids
>>
>>5870020
Is this your attempt at getting a rise out of me? If so you're pretty bad at it. I don't want kids and plenty of straight people don't want kids either. And there is nothing wrong with that.
>>
Being Gay is a choice but to many, they believe they are born as. The environment and atmosphere that you grow up in has great impact on who you are as a person. Now, if someone were to say to me that being gay is not a choice and that they can do nothing about it then I would say that this is false but I understand the person's position as falsifying something to fit your comfort is after all, the best thing someone can do. All in all, do I think people should choose to be gay? No. Do I have a problem if someone is gay? Maybe.
>>
>>5870042
I don't discriminate against anybody based on sexual orientation, but straight people wierd me out.
>>
>>5869968
No man, not at all.

Obviously if you're never exposed to something and have no knowledge of it you won't know wtf it is, which is why comparing food to sexuality is a shit comparison.

You don't think one day "hey let's try liking dick". What happens is you see a hot guy and go "jesus H christ fml" and then it sorta snowballs from there, whether you've been exposed to it or not.

That's MY opinion anyway, and it's only an OPINION.

>Opinions, they differ.
>>
>>5870053
Agreed.
>>
>>5870055
so that would only happen for hot guys? So is it purely a lifelong fetish then?
>>
>>5870053
How so? Because it's natural?
>>
>>5870007
Blended straight families exist
>>
>>5870075
If sexual orientation is a choice, why would you choose to be boring.
>>
>>5870097
A whole lot of people living under one roof like a family of immigrants? How does that at all sound like a pleasurable experience?
>>
>>5870064
You are not getting my point anon.

"Hotness" differs from person to person. Everyone has different tastes and desires, everyone has something specific that makes them fall for a person.

The point is that you might stumble onto a guy that you develop a crush on.

Also there's a difference to being emotionally attracted to someone and getting horny because of them. Yes, emotional attraction does lead to sexual attraction, but what gets the ball rolling is not the genitals but the person.

>IMO
>>
>>5870113
There's a reason "my wife's son" is such a common phrase on 4chan

Regardless if you can't imagine such a situation then that's your preference
>>
>>5870106
How is straight sex boring? You can do what lesbians pay 100's of dollars for free and you get 2 holes instead of one so that trumps being gay
>>
>>5870120
How is everyone on here such a cuck? is no one actually able to do anything anymore or is it all just muh neetbux and disability allowance?
>>
>>5870128
>all sex is about putting penis shaped things in holes
yep, pretty boring
>>
>>5870118
But that's what happens when you discover a fetish though. It's something that you just discover one day and say. Oh, that's kind of cool
>>
>>5870138
Do you suggest we put on fursuits or mutilate our bodies to make it more interesting? The fact that you need so many things other than just yourselves is honestly just sad
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.