[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transgenderism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: guy fieri.jpg (21 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
guy fieri.jpg
21 KB, 300x200
Prove to me that transgenderism is valid and it is not a just a self delusion.
>"i feel like teh opposite gender"
no such thing. even if it was like that you wouldn’t know because you have no idea how both genders feel like
>"gender and sex isnt the same anyway"
no reason why it would be different and why would it matter that pronouns describe your sex and not your gender
>"buh i just want to be a gurl"
you can never fully become the opposite sex/gender
>>
There's biological differences between male and female brains. I'm assuming you're not retarded enough to deny that, right? Well if you look at the brains of those claiming to be transgender you'll typically find their brain structure (amount of gray matter and other such differences) aligns with the gender they identify with. Whatever though, troll on.
>>
>no such thing. even if it was like that you wouldn’t know because you have no idea how both genders feel like
It's still possible to feel disgust towards your own sex characteristics.

>why would it matter that pronouns describe your sex and not your gender
Because 99% of the time you never actually KNOW what someone's sex is unless you're in an intimate relationship with them. You don't look at people's chromosomes or genitals to decide whether to call them he or she, you go by their gender presentation.

>you can never fully become the opposite sex/gender
No, but that's like saying "I'll never be a millionaire, might as well quit my job, sell everything I own, and spend the rest of my life living on the streets".
>>
>>5859216
omg you're right

flushing my hormones down the toilet now

thanks for showing me the light OP
>>
>>5859216
shit bait 0/10
>>
>>5859216
We don't say any of this shit except the gender and sex is different, because it is, that's just semantics
>>
>>5859216
shit tier bait.
>no reason why it would be different
except, ya know, the english language. the words gender and sex aren't synonyms.
> pronouns describe your sex and not your gender
that doesn't make any sense. why would pronouns, a part of language which is a social construct, relate to biological sex over social gender? they wouldn't, and they don't.
>you can never fully become the opposite sex
yeah, and that sucks.
>>
being trans is like some extravagant hobby
>>
>>5859224
>There's biological differences between male and female brains.

There isn't. Sorry, Anon.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/brains-men-and-women-aren-t-really-different-study-finds
>>
Why are so many trans people such miserable wrecks? I used to be tolerant to trans people and thought it was okay because it was their choice and not mine, but after coming to this board I've noticed a disproportionate amount of trans people who have serious psychological issues, including suicidal and murderous tendencies. I still believe it's not my business telling people how they should live (so long as it's not harming anyone else), but I would really like to know why so many are so depressed.
>>
>>5861056
"Brain sex" still exists, that study doesn't refute that. It's just refuting the popsci notion that behavior differences in men and women are due to absolute innate differences in the brain.
>>
>>5861097
Because trans people experience extreme emotional turmoil from dysphoria which causes other mental illnesses including depression and mental instability. That's why they get surgery and hormones, so that they can ease their dysphoria
>>
>>5859216
some people strongly identify with the opposite sex for a variety of reasons. many are pretty laughable though few can be respectable.

if one is male/female and denies it, that in itself is delusion. if one accepts that which they are and expresses themselves contrary to the expectations of society they are simply eccentric.

at the end of the day people don't care what you are but rather who you are. If you find someone who can giggle at the reality of their situation you've found yourself a diamond in the rough.

anyways cool Guy Fieri meme OP
>>
>>5859216
>>5861144
>>5861097

Around 80% of people who identify as 'transgender' eventually spontaneously stop having those feelings and identify as their birth gender.

This is true even of people who have undergone sex change operations and also explains the extremely high suicide rate for post-op trans people.

To put it simply: For the overwhelming majority of trans people - it's just a phase.

Dysphoria is a delusion. Encouraging that delusion might feel good for 'allies' is extremely damaging for trans people.

Walt Heyer is probably the most famous example of someone who lived his life as a woman, underwent surgery, and then realised that he was just mentally ill - and actually identified as a man. He now lives as a man and helps other people avoid the same mistake he made.
>>
>>5861169
>Around 80% of people who identify as 'transgender' eventually spontaneously stop having those feelings and identify as their birth gender.
[citation fucking needed]
>explains the extremely high suicide rate for post-op trans people.
uuugh why do you people keep fucking doing this. the high suicide rate is caused by other factors, like dysphoria, depression, general hatred and intolerance from society, ostracization from family and community... shit sucks for many trans people. it doesn't take a genius to work that out
>Walt Heyer is probably the most famous example of someone who lived his life as a woman
Walt Heyer is one of the only examples of this, and he's a cunt. Just because something was his experience doesn't mean it's everyone else's.
>>
>>5861116
Thank you for pointing that out, anon. God I hate it when people over-simplify and misuse science to push their bigoted agenda without even understanding the basics of how it works. I don't know how many times I've seen the meme that "there either is a brain difference, and then feminism is wrong, or there isn't and then transpeople are crazy! LOL take THAT sjws!". Could it actually be that the science of neurology and the ENTIRE SOCIAL PROCESS OF GENDERING may be just a tinsy winsy tiiiiny bit more complex then that???
>>
i wonder why people even reply to these threads
>>
>>5861273
Good practice. Real life is full of bigots.
>>
>>5861218
>literally just made a thread displaying that you are a full blown transvestic fetishist
>immediately hops on the tranny defense wagon

so this is the future of the "trans movement" ..
>>
>>5861314
or rather why it's in a perpetual state of decay
>>
File: explainfeelings.jpg (107 KB, 541x601) Image search: [Google]
explainfeelings.jpg
107 KB, 541x601
>>5861218

>The research and data is wrong when it is inconvenient to my feelings.

>It's society's fault transgender people kill themselves.

>A living example of someone who aligns with the research and data - who didn't kill themselves - is to be dismissed with ad hominem attacks. Sam Hashimi must also be a cunt - as well as the vast majority of Thai Ladyboys who go one to live normal lives as gay men.
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9KKqP9IHa5ZxU84a_Jf0vIoAh7e8nj_lCW27KbYBh0/edit?pli=1#gid=1074721744

sorry that science hurts your feelings OP
>>
>>5861265
definitely this.

>scientists: hey guys it looks like there are parts of the brain that can develop abnormally to make people uncomfortable with their biological sex
>BUT MEN AND WOMEN HAVE DA SAME BRAINZ!!! THIS IS GENDERIST PROPAGANDA TO KEEP WOMEN IN THE KITCHEN AND PLAYIN WITH BARBIES WHILE THE BOYS PLAY WITH TRUCKS AN BECOME SCIENTISTS

like, no you fucking morons. that's not what's being implied at all.
>>
>>5861169
>Around 80% of people who identify as 'transgender' eventually spontaneously stop having those feelings and identify as their birth gender.
[citation needed]
I believe that statistic originally referred specifically to "trans" CHILDREN, and used a ridiculously broad definition of trans. Most of them did not identify as trans, but were identified as trans who thinks anyone who doesn't conform 185% to gender roles 24/7 is a tranny.

>This is true even of people who have undergone sex change operations and also explains the extremely high suicide rate for post-op trans people.
The post-op suicide rate is not any higher than pre-op.

>Walt Heyer is probably the most famous example of someone who lived his life as a woman, underwent surgery, and then realised that he was just mentally ill - and actually identified as a man. He now lives as a man and helps other people avoid the same mistake he made.
Walt Heyer is a severely atypical case. And he "helps" people by spreading misinformation and trying to deny access to transition to those who would benefit from it.

>>5861407
>>The research and data is wrong when it is inconvenient to my feelings.
The research that you can't even be bothered to provide?

>>It's society's fault transgender people kill themselves.
To a certain extent it is. If you're kicked out by your parents as a teenager, constantly told you're worthless and deserve to be abused and die, of course your mental health is going to suffer.

>>A living example of someone who aligns with the research and data - who didn't kill themselves - is to be dismissed with ad hominem attacks.
See my response above. He's an outlier, and is hurting the ability of trans people to actually get the help they need.
>>
>>5861627
>Most of them did not identify as trans, but were identified as trans who thinks anyone who doesn't conform 185% to gender roles 24/7 is a tranny.

Here's the problem. ALL 'Trans gender' is literally a broad transition of trans. The whole bullshit concept of 'gender fluid' is nonsense. And people who 'identify' as transgender are literally people who don't want to conform to gender roles.

'Gender' has no basis in science.
>>
>>5859216
Even if it is, so what? The accepted treatment by the world psychiatric association and the DSM since version 3 have been hormones and transitioning. You don't seriously think you know better than doctors, do you? Or do you just pick and choose what medical advice to accept?
>>
>tfw had a threesome with two waitresses met at a cafe featured on diners drive-ins and dives
>>
>>5861314
>transvestic fetishist
Fuck you. I read that post, and from what i can tell it's a classic case of dysphoria being repressed and manifesting itself sexually. It happens to many people through puberty, when they start exploring themselves and experimenting.
You're also retarded for using the ad hominem fallacy - even if 'kaylee' (pls no more tripfaggery) is a transvestic fetishist, that doesn't make the points any less valid.
>>
>>5861407
hey you didn't address any points, well done
We've yet to see a citation for your ridiculous 80% claim, and you didn't even bother to debunk that point about suicide, instead opting to gloss over it with a really stupid oversimplification. It's not purely society's fault that transgender people kill themselves, it's got a lot to do with the dysphoria and depression that trans people experience as well, but denying society plays a large role is ignorant and callous. And suggesting for a minute that it's because of *regretting transition* is so fucking stupid it's beyond words.
Regarding the one "point" you actually made: Walt Heyer *is* a cunt. He's a really abnormal case, but he has a website and a whole bunch of shit to try and "help" people my spreading utter shit and trying to deny trans people access to HRT that would improve their lives markedly. As for the ladyboys, well first of all again with the [citation needed]. But even supposing you're correct, a lot of that has to do with culture in Taiwan. Look into "kathoeys", most ladyboys fall under that category. We don't have anything like that in the west.
>>
>>5866215
*Thailand, not Taiwan. My apologies.
>>
>>5861926
You're missing the point (I'm not even going to address your 'gender has no basis in science' le baity bait). It's completely nonsensical to conduct statistical research on trans people defining trans people with a measure that's LESS RIGOROUS than asking if they're trans. Asking people to self-report their trans status is basically the bare minimum of credibility. You'd be better off going by if they're diagnosed with gender dysphoria - but classifying people in your sample as trans WHO DON'T EVEN IDENTIFY AS TRANS is utterly ridiculous.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.