[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long Term Relationships fo Young Gay Men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: carrots.png (109 KB, 289x174) Image search: [Google]
carrots.png
109 KB, 289x174
I'm a 19 y/o gay man living in the South and in college. Not ridiculously hot or fugly as hell but slightly better than average. Never had a bf. Not really masc or fem; didn't care what was what.

I've had plenty (a dozen-ish) of area hookups since I started college last fall and I've had my fill of the hookup scene (no pun intended). It's not because of shitty hookups (damn good actually) or that anything went bad. It just got old for me. I don't mind it but it would be way more fulfilling to have an LTR or permanent relationship before I get stuck in gay death at 24(?). Of course everyone my age who isn't bound via his appearance to that one option of an LTR just wants to fuck around until aforementioned gay death kills their sex life.

Are there any ways to get an LTR at my age with a fairly attractive my age with more than just rocks in his head or is that just wishful thinking? How do I, if it's possible, encourage the occurrence of such a situation?

Pic Unrelated
>>
It's a goal you'll try and try for but you'll never reach. The journey will be exciting and emotion filled and full but you'll never reach the climax.
>>
>>5857959
Well shit. Any experiences to note?
>>
>>5857975
That really smart guy who's educated and knows much more about things than you is likely less wise than you, more emotional, and will point out all of your flaws and make you feel like shit.
>>
>>5857977
So in a shell the guy who you think is awesome isn't awesome?
>>
>>5857983
No he's awesome but is out of your league. They always will be. They'll always be straight, too.
>>
>>5857988
Straight and out-of-league. Then what's the point?
>>
>>5857995
dont listen to this jaded fuck, OP, there are gay men who want the intimacy of a relationship just as much as you do and one day you'll get lucky and find yours. Someone who's broken in the same ways that you are, and you'll love each other.
>>
>>5857839
>I've had my fill of the hookup scene

Stopped reading right there. You are a disgusting worthless reformed slut and you are only 19. I feel sorry for the man that will get into a relationship with you.
>>
Whats with the rise in holier than thou virgin faggots on this board? Was r9k not gay enough for you? Gay people occasionally hook up. Straight people occasionally hook up. Sex need not be some life changing event and y'all need to be less bitter about not getting it
>>
File: 1451365004460 (1).jpg (281 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1451365004460 (1).jpg
281 KB, 900x900
>>5858176
>Gay people occasionally hook up. Straight people occasionally hook up.

Only degenerates hook up whether straight or gay.
>>
>>5858176
>Sex need not be some life changing event
You say this because sluts like you have separated sex from love, so obviously it means nothing to you. You have devalued it to the point that it became a meaningless expression of lust.
>>
File: e1282174135888.jpg (104 KB, 1000x881) Image search: [Google]
e1282174135888.jpg
104 KB, 1000x881
>>5858196
>>
>>5858224
How is Christianity related to what I said? You are reaching the bottom of the barrel of strawmen.
>>
>>5858224
He's right tho.

No one wants a bf with a worn out hole or a dick that has been in contact with multilple men's shit.
>>
>>5858224
I do not understand the comment , anyway promiscuity is REALLY counterproductive if you want to have something serious in the future.
>>
>>5857839
>veryone my age who isn't bound via his appearance to that one option of an LTR just wants to fuck around until aforementioned gay death kills their sex life.
GAYSCUM
REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5858196

I'm currently in a completely monogamous relationship with a man I love. Every time we have sex its significant, wonderful, and reaffirms our love for one another. Guess how we met? We hooked up. Some meaningless expression of lust. Been together for a year, moving in together next month and I'll probably pop the question next or later this year. The meaning of sex to a person can be flexible and transient.

More sex or less but meaningful sex doesn't magically add extra value to your life. By this I don't mean its insignificant, far from it. Sex with a person you're utterly devoted to can be amazing. There's nothing wrong with holding it up on a pedestal, attaching a deeper meaning to it and only doing people you're in love with. What I can't stand are holier than thou people like you who find it so personally insulting and look down upon anyone else who don't hold it on as high a pedestal. What makes you so special, who are you to judge?
>>
>>5857839
VIRGINIA
>>
>>5857839
Probably not. People like you are by far the least desirable. You just hop on as many dicks as possible, then try to settle down right before you lose your looks. You're literally just as awful as a woman. I avoid people like you like the plague, and I'm sure any other self-respecting fag interested in LTR would think the same.
>>
>>5858176
>rise
Actually, it's just the whores like you moving in.
>>
>>5858454
Must suck to have a date on when you lose desirability, twink life must suck.
>>
>>5858476
I have no idea what you're trying to say, anon.
>>
>>5858480
your """""gaydeath""""", it must suck to have a best before date.
>>
>>5858193
at least they dont download the same picture twice
>>
>>5857839
Just hit the gym so that it makes you more marketable and opens up your pool of potential dates and just start dating. Fucking strangers, though it scratches an itch, does get old quickly and isn't really that satisfying once you've actually got what you came for. You ever busted a nut at a random guy's house and been like 'why the fuck am I even here?'
Unfortunately it's much more satisfying, emotionally and sexually, to have some sort of a relationship with the person you're meeting prior to sleeping with them. Even if dates are a bit much at first, just chat to someone on grindr or whatever for a couple months while vetting them out and play it by ear.

Also ignore the people calling your morals into question for sleeping around; these people go from getting rejected on grindr to being self-righteous on the internet. Just know your status and get tested often.
>>
>>5857839
>before I get stuck in gay death at 24(?).

First of all stop undermining yourself believing in this stupid meme. It's only going to make you anxious and get you to rush through life. And mentioning it makes you sound like a vapid twat. Too many gay man live like women in fear of aging, and it's embarrassing.

Why don't you just open an OKcupid account and say you're looking for a boyfriend?

Plenty of gay gays just want boyfriends, but settle for hookups because it's quickly and easy.

If you're in the hook up scene, you'll be none the wiser and it will just look as if every gay guy wants a quick dose of cock and ass
>>
>>5858569
>these people go from getting rejected on grindr to being self-righteous on the internet.
Typical slut, thinking that if someone has standards that can only mean they failed at being a useless slut.
>>
>>5858406
You worded this post very well. It almost justifies your degenerate lifestyle if one believes what you say. You met through a meaningless expression of lust, and it just to happened that it evolved into something worthwhile. It was not that meaningless expression of lust that brought you together, it was the events afterwards. The repulsive expression of lust only aided you in busting a nut. It played no role in your relationship. The fact that your relationship later developed into something tolerable has nothing to do with that hookup.
>>
File: 1437946821294.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
1437946821294.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>5858608
>wahhh I keep myself soooo exclusive why does nobody acknowledge it
>this is why straight people think we're degenerate!

Wasn't aware projecting your sexual inadequacies onto other people was akin to having good 'standards' for your own life, but ok!
>>
>>5858687
This is a meme sluts use to justify their lifestyles "Everyone who isn't like us is a pathetic virgin loser incapable of getting laid"
>>
>>5858685
So in other words, just because a degenerate hookup may lead to a worthwhile relationship does not make it any less degenerate. Going to a brothel can sometimes have the same effect, doesn't make it moral, and the feelings behind the act are at first NEVER pure,it is another thing if you get into a relationship and feelings develop later on.
>>
>>5858698
The feelings behind a hookup are always a lustful desire for selfish pleasure. To use someone like a sack of meat for your entertainment, or sometimes be used. I want nothing to do with people who find it morally acceptable to act on such vile impulses.
>>
>>5858692
>incapable of getting laid
That's just a lame strawman. I'm sure you're not incapable, and I'm sure you also indulge; the only difference between us is you're not okay with it and therefore chastise other people for doing it. When does reality set in? Or does it not matter?
>>
>>5858712
And before some subhuman answers trying to disprove this, this is what sex is always about when you don't love the person you are having it with. In a hookup, you do not see your partner as a person, you see him as a sack of meat to be used for your pleasure. If you claim that you care and love the people you are hooking up with then your love is worthless because it can be given to literally any stranger, and you are as such incapable of commitment.
>>
>>5858721
Why do sluts always assume everyone is like them? It must be a coping mechanism, a way to justify themselves for being lustful subhumans, slaves to their basest instincts. No, I do not indulge. I am in fact willingly still a virgin. I would never in my life allow myself to have sex with someone I do not love nor do I have a temptation to. And even if the temptation rises I shall fight it because it is the moral thing to do. I, unlike you subhuman sluts, can control myself and my impulses. I do not use pseudomorality to justify giving in to my weaknesses.
>>
File: 1454632161888.jpg (4 KB, 124x106) Image search: [Google]
1454632161888.jpg
4 KB, 124x106
>>5858723
>fails to dissociate sex and love
>attacks people that hookup for doing just this
>>
>>5858687
>get made fun of for using the cliche "YOU JUST FEEL SEXUALLY INADEQUATE"
>responds by using the cliche "YOU JUST FEEL SEXUALLY INADEQUATE"
lol
>>
>>5858731
You clearly did not comprehend my post. I suggest you reread it. If you dissociate sex and love this applies:
>In a hookup, you do not see your partner as a person, you see him as a sack of meat

If you do not dissociate sex and love but still hook up this happens:
>If you claim that you care and love the people you are hooking up with then your love is worthless because it can be given to literally any stranger, and you are as such incapable of commitment.

In both situations you are a disgusting subhuman
>>
>>5858729
>I do not use pseudomorality to justify giving in to my weaknesses

No, but you use it to attack other people by suggesting that sex between two consensual adults is somehow 'subhuman' behaviour.
>>
>>5857839
What school if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>5858752
I have explained in a different thread my problem with you subhumans, but I suppose I will have to repeat myself. Your attempts to force society into accepting ALL consensual sex between adults as perfectly moral is what bothers me. You can do whatever you want and I will tolerate you, but do not try to force us into accepting it as perfectly fine. I have also given a reasonable secular explanation as to why it is repulsive and subhuman in my other posts in this thread.
>>
>>5858761
On a side note, there is a major issue with gay rights. We try to morally justify gay sex by saying "it is consensual sex between two adults". Instead, we should be saying that gay sex can be as loving and spiritually fulfilling as straight sex. By supporting that all sex between two adults is morally acceptable we open the door for all kinds of degeneracy
>>
>>5858778
pls be my bf
>>
>>5858813
Where are you from?
>>
>>5858826
Texas, US.
>>
>>5858829
I am from Greece, too far for real life contact anytime soon I'm afraid. On the other hand I am not in a hurry for anything so it could work long distance if you believe in such relationships (or if you are as desperate as I in this case). How old are you?
>>
>>5858854
18. Was really hoping you were in the US though.

rip
>>
>>5858864
20 here. Well, the South is not as morally corrupt as the rest of the country so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone. Best of luck to you anon
>>
>>5858761
>force society into accepting
I don't remember forcing anyone to do anything. Sexual matters are between me and the consenting individual involved and absolutely NOTHING to do with society. If anything, it's you who is trying to force ME to consider my lifestyle as immoral, and despite a juvenile and reductive metaphor about a 'sack of meat' you've failed to do this entirely.
>You can do whatever you want and I will tolerate you
Not like you had a choice, really...

In all honesty you're just a right-leaning, adolescent gay male who feels like he can only gain true acceptance from his conservative peers by trying to legitimise gay relationships through attacking what you perceive as one of the main hurdles to this acceptance: stereotypically promiscuous gays. I know this because your posts read with the tone of a pompous undergraduate but also manage to sound somewhat like Nazi propaganda. And I guarantee if you're not on here projecting then you're on /pol/ grovelling.
Unfortunately for you, these studied notions of morality that you've obviously gleaned from Christian values (despite rejecting that assertion) also hold that any relationships outside of those initiated with the intention to procreate and start a family fall into the territory of 'degeneracy'. Sadly, that means you, and any potential relationships you seek to initiate; whether you fucked him on the first date or 6 months down the line. It is ultimately just sex and will always be regarded as such by those whose acceptance you wish to gain.

I'd have to be a subhuman to let a walking ball of neuroses like yourself give me lectures on morality, relationships, or anything else when you exude nothing but bitterness and naivety.
>>
>>5858893
>this is what sluts actually believe
kek
>>
>>5858872
Well, I'm not too interested in super long distance like that, but we can be friends if you use Steam.
>>
>>5858893
>assumptions about my life
>more assumptions
>strawman
I really did trigger you hard, didn't I?

>juvenile and reductive metaphor about a 'sack of meat'

The metaphor is not juvenile and reductive, it is true. You do not see the other person as anything but a sack of meat when you use him for your pleasure.

>In all honesty you're just a right-leaning, adolescent gay male who feels like he can only gain true acceptance from his conservative peers by trying to legitimise gay relationships through attacking what you perceive as one of the main hurdles to this acceptance: stereotypically promiscuous gays. I know this because your posts read with the tone of a pompous undergraduate but also manage to sound somewhat like Nazi propaganda.

>strawman and assumptions

>gleaned from Christian values
Western civilization is based on Christian values whether you like it or not. Part of Christian values is to love your neighbor and be monogamous. The first liberals used Christian values to justify tolerance.

>I'd have to be a subhuman to let a walking ball of neuroses like yourself give me lectures on morality, relationships, or anything else when you exude nothing but bitterness and naivety.

Your butthurt is showing
>>
>>5858907
I would post my Steam name but I do not want to get stalked by the subhumans lurking this thread. Their butthurt is indeed legendary.
>>
>>5858778
>morality
>>
>>5858921
The joke is that there are no conservatives or fundamentalist Christians where I live. All of my friends are much more liberal than I.
>>
>>5858893
>right-leaning
>conservative
>Nazi
>Christian

You used all the buzzwords
>>
>>5858893
>Sexual matters are between me and the consenting individual involved and absolutely
NOTHING to do with society. If anything, it's you who is trying to force ME to consider my lifestyle as immoral

Daily reminder that sluts see nothing wrong with vid related because it is consensual sex between adults.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE9JlONzrVU

If all consensual sex between adults is acceptable and moral then surely you see nothing wrong with vid related.

And people here wonder why we are considered degenerate...
>>
>>5862927
It's just your standard fuck party dude, no big deal. Their life their choice. It's not like straight people don't do this, stop being so conservative.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.