[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attn: MtF crew. What kind of tips tricks and methods can you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (677 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
677 KB, 1536x2048
Attn: MtF crew. What kind of tips tricks and methods can you pass on for vocal feminization? I can barely manage a poor falsetto :/

Pic of watermelon radish unrelated.
>>
File: SteamCard_Squigly.jpg (762 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SteamCard_Squigly.jpg
762 KB, 1920x1080
Practice, practice practice. It helps the vocal chords tighten up. Drink plenty of water, since it lubricates the vocal chords and keeps them from getting hoarse with drilling.

Some girls like starting from the top of where they falsetto and go lower. It doesn't necessarily extend range, but with practice, it can give body to the top of your register and you'll naturally have a higher "resting" point.

If you like reading, read selected passages aloud. It provides variation so that you can practice different intonation and interjections.

Be aware of your lexicon and how you articulate. There are crass words that'll pin you as less than refined and as a lady you want to be as knowing as possible about the ramifications of your dialogue.

Remember that not all women speak in squeaky pitches. If you can't naturally go high, aim for someone to model in your range (Cindi Lauper in "Time After Time", Sade in "Smooth Operator", and Macy Gray in "I Try" all come to mind).

Most importantly": DO NOT GIVE UP! The road is hard, but hearing yourself years down the line in contrast to now will be night and day.

If you have any futher questions, the OP to >>>5860823 has material to use and vocaroo threads pop up all the time >>>5841309

Good luck, and I hope that you become the best that you can be!
>>
>>5861440
>Be aware of your lexicon and how you articulate. There are crass words that'll pin you as less than refined and as a lady you want to be as knowing as possible about the ramifications of your dialogue.
Could you expand a bit more on this? Like, what kind of words/phrases should I avoid?
I have a tendency to swear a lot (I use fuck in like every other fucking sentence), so I'm guessing I should try to tone that down?
>>
One absolutely huge thing you have to learn is how to shift our voice.

If you have a voice that cracked at some point, you essentually have two voice boxes at this point, the lower one (which creates that falsetto btw) and another one with a different resonance.

What's important is one isn't necisarily deeper or higher pitched than the other, just they have a different resonance.

When speaking, watch your adams apple, if it's low and visible and below your chin, that's your lower register, higher up, closer to your chin is your higher.

You can see the difference in your voice if you simply push your adams apple up manually as you speak, and it will effect how you speak. Most of the practice you get when trying to have a passing voice is this.

Another thing to keep in mind is very often, we're trained to speak very flatly as men, you emphasize words less often. A big challenge is you have to learn inflection, use it more, speaking is now far more similar to singing than what I did before, which is an interesting change.

A personal pet peeve of mine, because I've been guilty of it, is avoid speaking through your nose. That's more of a I hate anyone who does it though and it sounds "put on" to me.

One of the earliest series on this was finding your female voice, which is what I used:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO41CpUW7IM

There's better resources around, but that's what I started with.
>>
>>5861676
I just laughed at a Fuckley comic. Send help.
>>
File: Wynne.jpg (117 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
Wynne.jpg
117 KB, 707x1000
>>5861676
I would say to consider yourself in polite company at all times, considering that men and women tend to scrutinize what is said a bit more.

Words that come to mind that I assume men or women that associate themselves primarily with men use: "taking a piss/shit", "can I..." instead of "may I...", anything that is evocative of blunt speech.

I'm not 100%, but I wanted to give you a response before I headed in for work. Cheers.
>>
>Not speaking in your genuine voice
>Having to remember to use your trained voice every time you speak for the rest of your life
>The
>rest
>of
>your
>life.
>>
>>5863062
You actually get used to it assuming you do it right, I can't hardly use my old voice any anymore, I actually have to try harder to find that voice than I do my current voice.
>>
>>5857554
Resonance is key! Work on moving any chest resonance/vibrations ip into the nasal cavity. This will improve your voice tenfold on its own. From there work on bumping the pitch up slowly, tighten the muscles slightly around the throat and focus on brining the Adams apple upwards a bit towards the top of your throat. Lots of guides on how to do each of these things! Falsetto isn't what you what for a realistic, nonforced sounding voice, raising pitch and reducing chest resonance should be the focus instead
https://clyp.it/4mzpzpli
>>
>>5863062

this >>5863203

I can't even manage to use my former voice anymore, I got so used to it that I forgot how I used to talk before.
>>
>>5861676
The best example i can give you there is "gut".
Women use more soft, melodic sounding words so rather than "gut", "belly".

The whole thing varies where you live tho, so the best thing you can do is get under people and listen which words women use and which not.
>>
>>5863062
I forgot what my old voice even sounds like.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.