[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a trans person without dysphoria doesn't want to transition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1457555281596.png (744 KB, 986x832) Image search: [Google]
1457555281596.png
744 KB, 986x832
If a trans person without dysphoria doesn't want to transition are they actually trans or just delusional?
>>
All trans people are delusional.
>>
>>5855295

>No dysphoria
>Doesn't want to transition
>Cis

Pick three.
>>
>>5855307
First off, fuck you.

>>5855295
Second, no, they aren't trans. If a person feels entirely comfortable in their own body, and doesn't feel like they'd be more comfortable in the body of the opposite sex then they aren't trans.

If they still have fantasies of being the opposite sex then they could be AGP or something, but I wouldn't consider them the same as a transgender person, who feels like they HAVE to be the opposite sex.

I could be wrong, weirder things have happened, so who knows
>>
File: Donte.png (226 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Donte.png
226 KB, 400x400
>>5855338
>First off, fuck you.
Pic related.
>>
>>5855295
Do you mean "does" want to transition? Your question makes no sense otherwise. Anyway, you're going to get all sorts of different interpretations about what a trans person is or isn't, but I personally think that you're "trans" if you are transitioning or want to.

If you feel comfortable in your male body and you don't want to transition though, it's probably a really bad idea unless you truly do not care about what others think about you. If you're considering transitioning despite that, perhaps some self-reflection on what you really want out of life would help you out.
>>
>>5855378
No I meant "doesn't", I see what you mean but I was referring to those who call themselves "trans" without having dysphoria or wanting to transition.
>>
>>5855295
>If a trans person without dysphoria
no
>>
>>5855391
Depends on the person, I'd say. Some of those people may simply not have any access to treatment, intimidated at the prospect of replacing their sex hormones with the opposite sex, lying about their dysphoria out of shame, or just identify as non-binary. I won't deny that some of those people are hopping on a trend with their tumblr buddies or whatever, but those people usually "detransition" when they tire of it, and I don't think that digging into why every individual transitions is all that worthwhile generally.

I get the annoyance, though, as someone transitioning to the opposite gender "normally". It's just a shitty label, but it's OUR shitty label, dammit. So yeah while I don't think people like that should be blanket judged even if on the surface they don't want to or don't have dysphoria, the handful of people who call themselves trans purely for SJ points or as a political statement against gender can go fuck themselves and should be called out.
>>
File: 1446141666718.gif (2 MB, 643x539) Image search: [Google]
1446141666718.gif
2 MB, 643x539
>>5855338
>First off, fuck you.
>>
>>5855295
I know a person that wants to go through the trans therapy my boyfriend is going through for the sole reason of wanting a male pronoun in his passport and to get some kind of thought up social benefit he will not receive because they do not exist. I use this person's preferred pronoun but I kind of just want him to fuck off to regular therapy because he is by all accounts mental.

I also know a person that calls herself trans even though she is perfectly comfortable with her assigned gender but just don't like being cis because that's a bad thing now when you're studying the humanities.

I think it's a combination of not being comfortable with one's gender role, misunderstanding cis as terminology since mainstream feminism has appropriated it and being an insecure fuckwit that wants to feel special.

TL;DR: Yes probably, I don't know, I haven't encountered anyone that isn't
>>
>>5855307
The actual professionals that determine what is delusion or not disagree with you. You thinking that your feels overwrite that IS actually delusional though, congrats!
>>
>>5855307
nice bait. gender is a social construct and self defined, so it's pretty much impossible to be delusional about it
>>
>>5855295
>without dysphoria
>doesn't want to transition
Well, I think that's what we call cis senpai.
>>
>>5855295
if someone doesn't want to transition (and I mean "want to" as in "in an ideal world, where i can afford to transition, i'd pass, and everyone would accept me") then that person is by definition not transgender. you can't identify as a gender without wanting to be that gender, that's just seriously dumb.
>>
>>5855295
A "trans" person without dysphoria is cis. They better not want to transition because I'd they do that's a disaster waiting to happen
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.