[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is true.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
>>
>>5853664
yes it is. /thread
>>
Only crazy people disagree. Hell even gender fluid snowflakes just switch between the two.
>>
At a push, I can stretch to neutral which mashes together the whole both/neither mess.
>>
>>5853800
i agree. clearly you have issues just saying male and female when you have bulldykes and femboys.
>>
>>5853800
>>5853804
I actually think the genderbread person is a good litmus test, setting the absolute upper limit for whether or not someone's professed "gender identity" or "gender expression" could even be considered part of a person's gender.
simply, if a person's "gender identity" or "gender expression" can be plotted in terms of the axes in that infograph, then yes, it can be considered gendered. if it can't then it's bullshit.

"neurogenders" like autigender and narkissigender are not genders.
to take those examples yes, autistic spectrum disorders can imply a shift in a person's gender expression to the masculine IF you actually buy into the crap that Baron-Cohen peddles out about "muh extreme male brain syndrome".
and yes, grandiose narcissism might be slightly more prevalent in men than in women, apparently.
but does it require an acknowledging of your being one of them, when you can still speak about how they influence gender strictly in terms of male/female, masculine/feminine?

it often comes across as a way to say "hey, these neurological disorders affect my gender identity and expression, ergo EVERYTHING about them is gendered".
no lol.
>>
>>5853664
Explain tomboys, tomgirls, lady boys, MTFs, FTMs, Agender, Genderfluid, and all the medical studies on gender in the human brain
>>
>>5853932
if anyone else wants to, use this
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4phf3Rr8VhRpmtJ-dGAXWf1RtTI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3487848/Genderbread-Person-3.3.0.jpg

while reading down this list
http://nonbinary.org/wiki/List_of_nonbinary_identities

and for each one, note whether you could plot that "gender" on the genderbread man graphic.
if you can't plot it on the genderbread, you know it's bullshit (eg aporagender).
if you can plot it on the genderbread but it comes with needless qualifiers, it might not be bullshit but it's redundant (eg affectugender. you're genderfluid, that's it, the WHY you're genderfluid - ie because you're a bipolar headcase - is not important to your gender).

as an aside, fluid genders at first look like they couldn't fit on the genderbread. instead of a single point on any axis, you could mark a range on each axis throughout which there is flux.
any fluid gender that allows for at least one gender expression that cannot be plotted on the genderbread is also bs. if your fluid gender allows for one of your genders to be a "noungender" for example. the wiki gives the example of seagender. okay, where does "seagender" fit on a scale of masculine to feminine? it doesn't, ergo bullshit.

anyway
>>
>>5853998
*person
sorry i'm used to hearing "gingerbread man" so i gendered the poor, poor infographic.
>>
>>5853994
tumblr free bleeding into 4chan
>>
>>5853664

Preaching to the choir, especially the trannies of the board.
>>
>>5853994
>tomboys
Female
>tomgirls
Male
>lady boys
Male
>MTFs
Female
>FTMs
Male
>agender
Not a thing
>genderfluid
Not a thing

That sure was difficult.
>>
>>5853664
Those are sexes, not genders.

>>5853798
>even gender fluid snowflakes just switch between the two.
Neutrois/genderqueer/androgynous are more common than genderfluid, and they generally have just one constant gender, but it happens to be somewhere in between man and woman.
>>
>>5853994
>tomboys
female
>tomgirls
male
>mtfs
female
>ftm
male
>agender an shit
special snowflake
>>
>be male
>have weird hormone inbalance
>become a new gender

nah
fuck off cunt
>>
>>5853664
I'd add one third gender in the middle for intersex people who have a mixture of both gender's stuff so you don't really know what they are
>>
File: dNVvntX.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
dNVvntX.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>5853664
Intersex people exist but genderqueer and non binaries are retarded attention whores
>>
>>5854511
Intersex is a sex not a gender. Gender is social and sex is biological.
>Male
>Female
>Intersex
are the three sexes
>Man/boy
>Woman/girl
are the two genders
>>
>>5854590
gender is as biological as sex.
just because something pertains to social interactions, doesn't make it not biological.

personally i think you're on point when it comes to anatomical sex being Male, Intersex, Female, and gender identity being Masculine or Feminine, but when it comes to "gender expression", there is a lot more scope for gender bending and going between one way of expression and another.
>>
>>5854590
Gender and Sex are one and the same
Anyone who says otherwise is a tumblrina, since they both effect eachother

Also, intersex is not a thing. There's no "social role" for people which are not male or female you fucking shitstain
>>
>>5854101
female
male
male
male
female
lol
lol
>>
>>5854663
>since they both effect eachother
That doesn't mean they're the same thing.
>>
>>5854663

>Gender and Sex are one and the same

Not even for cis people is that true. Their gender and sex just line up for them, which is why you're ignorant of the fact.
>>
>>5855073
Wishing with all your might does not make something true

Male and female. That's all there is. People are born with what they got as far as gender goes, and that's all they are and ever will be.

You chop it off? You're not a female. You're just a mutilated male. Intersex is not a thing. You're just a confused male or female. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sounds harsh, but one redpill we all gotta take is that wanting to be special snowflakes isn't always good for your mental wellbeing.
>>
>>5855178
>Intersex is not a thing.

okay so let's test this. what, to you, is the single defining factor between a man and a woman.
>>
>>5855178

All I'm saying is your sex is the differentiation of your genitals into either the group that fertilizes the egg or the one that carries it, and your gender is the differentiation of your brain into either the group that fertilizes the egg and pursues the group capable of carrying it or part of the group that selects who from the fertilizer group will fertilize your egg. If in your sex, you're part of the first group, but in your gender you're part of the second, or vice versa, you're not going to feel at ease in the place biology has put you in. The natural inclinations you have toward sexual intercourse, which exist within your brain, through your gender, are made for the sex group you don't belong to. Who would not be uncomfortable in that situation?

It's not ridiculous that a body part can develop abnormally when you look at all of the people born with missing or maldeveloped limbs and features, and autism and microencephaly prove that it can happen to the brain as well. Intersex genitals (http://image.slidesharecdn.com/ambiguousgenitalia-120223070736-phpapp01/95/ambiguous-genitalia-5-728.jpg?cb=1329981092) prove there can be errors in which sex group you develop into. It's not too much of a leap to suppose a brain may not differentiate as intended into a gender that matches its body's sex. And neuroscience has found inklings of this, it's not conclusive yet, but we have evidence.

Knowing all of this, why is it impossible to believe that gender and sex are related, but separate things, and that a trans person, whose sex is perfectly developed into one group, might not wrong about being another gender?
>>
File: intersex.jpg (85 KB, 1488x607) Image search: [Google]
intersex.jpg
85 KB, 1488x607
>>5855178

tell that to these things
>>
Haha this is awesome
>>
>>5855382
I wonder what its like...
>>
>>5855382
>walk into a bar
>"Hey I bet you 10 bucks you don't guess what I have in my pants"

can't fail
>>
>>5855178
Come again?
http://www.isna.org/faq/conditions
Are you not aware that it's possible, for example, to be born with chromosomes that aren't either XX or XY? Or are you just classifying those people as being either "male" or "female" based on...something? Granted, there aren't very actually intersex people percentage-wise, but anyone who's taken a biology class should know they EXIST.
>>
>>5854101
you accidentally switches mtf and ftm
>>
>>5855382
>im a futa
>>
>>5855382
I'm willing to bet that the intersex snowflakes back at Tumblr don't have that in their pants.
>>
>>5854101
>yfw he tries to shit on your identity but ends up validating it
>>
>>5853664
I'm a gendervacuum queerfluid foxkin and this thread offends me.
>>
>>5853994
>tomboys
Female. This is a fucking personality, what are you talking about?

>tomgirls
Male. I've never heard this word, but this is a fucking personality, what are you talking about?

>lady boys
Male

>MtF
Male

>FtM
Female

>Agender
Doesn't exist.

>Genderfluid
Doesn't exist. Just a hipster term.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.