[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to find out from trans people why they think they are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Question_mark.png (37 KB, 749x946) Image search: [Google]
Question_mark.png
37 KB, 749x946
I want to find out from trans people why they think they are in the body of the opposite gender.

Transgnderism has become increasingly widespread and discussed, filmed, studied and celebrated recently, with a noticeable massive increase in the amount of people identifying as trans or bigender.

But I have not heard a coherent explanation from a trans person as to what trans actually is in terms of their identity, and what it means to them. I've not seen an identity based explanation from a bigender person as to how someone can actually feel they are two genders simultaneously without being a hermaphrodite physically.

For instance Caitlyn Jenner described looking in the mirror during the vanity fair photoshoot and seeing the 'real me' for the first time. In Louis Therouxs transgender kids episode he spoke to a transitioned woman to man who described seeing the boys line up to pee in the woods and 'just knowing' that she was actually male after that moment. The other people in the episode, trans kids and their parents, said similar things.

Regardless of the science, aside from questions of the physical body and physical brain, these types of descriptions dont describe anything in terms of identity, personality, internal psychological dynamics or emotion. For something so serious as to require dramatic surgery and the medical blocking of childrens puberty I'm astounded that the people involved cannot fluidly communicate why this is required.
So /lgbt/ what does being transgender actually mean to the transgendered? How does a person feel or think that their body is not their actual gender?
>>
Trans peoples' brains are misprogrammed from birth which causes distress in the features of their biological sex. The evidence we have been able to find so far supports this claim. The only known treatment is transitioning, and the evidence supports the lack of other treatment options.

Being trans means nothing to me; it's just a fucking diagnosis. It is totally irrelevant to my identity as a person.
>>
>>5841779
They don't communicate why because it's really fucking hard to communicate a feeling to someone who has never felt it before. Every analogy will be lacking and simplistic, every explanation will be unsatisfactory, every description will be too narrow to grasp it.
>>
>>5841807

>Every analogy will be lacking and simplistic, every explanation will be unsatisfactory, every description will be too narrow to grasp it.

An attempt would surely be better than nothing? As it stands I've literally never heard anyone even attempt.

Arbitrary visual statements are not feelings or internal perceptions, clothes are not gender.
>>
>>5841805

>Trans peoples' brains are misprogrammed from birth which causes distress in the features of their biological sex

What do you mean by distress in the features?
>>
>>5841870
In the example of MTF peple, it means they find their penis, male-pattern body hair, masculine arms, masculine face, etc. distressing. 'These body parts are not what I should have'.

Alone, in a box, a trans person might only be uncomfortable with these features, but in a world where men and women coexist, it allows one to identify what, exactly, it is about their male features that distress them -- they're not female features.
>>
well, i'll try to list some of my thoughts.

I'm a bit conservative in my opinions but i think that there is only two genders. Intersex, bigender etc fall between i guess but mainly it's bullshit with some weird failures in developement or psychology. Guess SJW' gender spectrum is rather a spectrum of how fucked up your brain is. Not the point really.

Being transgender is then a mismatch of preferences in your brain. Instictive things like should you sit or stand while peeing, what kind of skates you should wear when going skating etc. comes naturally to us, it's just that we have the opposite prefrence from normal.

Being trans is really no different from being a normal human being. There is just a varying levels of stuff fucked up in your brain that tell you that you like the stuff of opposite gender more. This applies to appearance and sexuality as well in varying degrees.

When adding mental issues to being transgender you can easily get a huge mess. This leads to people believing to be wolfs, attack helicopters and such nonsense.

Going back to prefrences, i think that having some of the opposite gender does not make you trans yet but when majority of stuff you like are stereotypically stuff of the opposite gender then you have the ingredient required for trans stuff. It goes down to philosophy then whether you thing that prefrences dominate your gender or if it is opposite

Just some incoherent ramblings. Sorry if i don't make sense, super tired and going to sleep.
>>
>>5841926
>sit or stand while peeing
>kind of skates you should wear
>instinctive

pls I'm trans and I get you're trying to explain something difficult to explain, but saying shit like this makes us sound nuts. Skates are not gendered and there are no instincts about it.
>>
>>5841961

Actually that sort of thing tends to be what trans people say, hence this thread.

Wearing womens clothes makes you 'the real you'.

I saw the boys peeing in a line and I knew from then etc
>>
OP, just go google or open a book or something. Why do you think your questions are original?
>>
>>5842006
Well I used to just buy stuff thinking what looks alright and doesn't draw any attention, usually fairly intersex stuff, BUT I've always looked at stuff people would inherently call gay on a man because it drew MY attention and interest from the looks of it thinking to myself what a shame I can't wear this.

Seeing how I used to be a speed skater (also, not the anon you replied to), skates sold typically for women always drew my attention first with their colors and shapes.

And now I'm a bigfoot and that dream is crushed forever... You could clock me even faster in women's shoes just looking at the size and stuff like that sure doesn't help to not feel like shit.
>>
>>5841961
>Skates are not gendered

Leviticus says otherwise heathen.
>>
>have green eyes
>nobody can tell
>people can say to my face they're blue or grey or something
>look in the mirror every day
>they're green
>of course they're green
>why does everyone keep thinking they're not
>why does it upset me so much
>>
>>5841779
i hate my body and i want to have something very different form what i have now

k thx bye
>>
As a kid, I liked stuff that is currently seen as "girly" so I identified with other people who had the same interests and took them as role models in order to further develop interests.I learned to be a girl and it would have been fan-freaking-tastic if I was allowed to stay like that. However, I quickly learned that the shape of my body and a particular protrusion (penis) meant that I was in fact supposed to be a boy. I resisted and was beaten and abused for several years and I grew to resent and hate my body thinking that if only I could change it, then I could be as I want. I learned that there were people like me and that there were options,so I came out as transgender, and started the process of reshaping my body and anatomy so that I could be free to be myself. It's fucking horrible that I have to do this in order to be happy when all it could have taken is for some fuckwads to realize that my body shape should not force my interests in something so fucking trivial.
>>
>>5841779
Pre-everthing
>Almost going to the girls bathroom even though I have been going to the boys bathroom all my life
>friends decide to feminize me, looked in the mirror saw me the actually me (made me depressed -_-)
>Dead mom telling my crazy aunt that she knew I was trans the whole time

There are a ton more telling me that I am right
That's what tells me I'm a girl
>>
imagine being fat and ugly and hating your body when you look in the mirror

i feel the same, just replace being disgusting with being male
>>
>>5841859
If you really want generic analogies, one I heard that was pretty good was that it feels like trying to eat soup with a fork. Everyone else has got a spoon like they should, and they're sitting there enjoying the food and can't understand why you're struggling so much. You do the best you can, but the best solution you can find is to bend the tines of your fork so it resembles a spoon as much as possible. Some fork-havers get really damn close to having a regular spoon, while others never get close and starve.
>>
File: Mighty_Degenerate.png (148 KB, 398x672) Image search: [Google]
Mighty_Degenerate.png
148 KB, 398x672
If you say you have social dysphoria for example:
>Was boy an like girl things an that means am trans
this in reality means nothing, and makes us look like mentally ill people who were socialized into being a tranny, possibly by liberal media as /pol/ believes.

If you on the other hand had dysphoria about puberty and the secondary sexual characteristics, and/or or your sex itself, you're actually trans, and have the disorder, as opposed to a mental illness that can be fixed, as described above.
Trans doesn't mean your personality and interests are feminine or masculine in the opposite's body, it means you have issues with your physical body and need hormones, and possibly surgery to fix them.
>>
>>5841779
It means that they think only girls can like pink and Barbies and only boys can like cars and video games. That's the base they use most of the time.
>>
File: 1430245625418.gif (1 MB, 310x370) Image search: [Google]
1430245625418.gif
1 MB, 310x370
>>5841779
It wasn't a new thing or a phase for me, nowhere near it. This originated from preschool and before. Curtseying in the SK babby play instead of bowing like the guys, wanting to wear my sister's clothing the year after that extending into high school, being anxious about wearing a men's bathing suit instead of a women's school bathing suit and holding my arms in front of my chest in futility, and so forth with hundreds of other instances that jump to mind. Heck, my friends were almost exclusively girls, and I hated playing with the guys because they were too rough to begin with.

It was never 'one thing'. It was just obvious for me, I questioned whether I should transition in middle school and high school several times, but social pressures and what-ifs, especially for a VERY emotional tween/teenager was just too much. Susan's and all the unpassing trannies scared me away in early high school, thinking that I didn't want to end up like them.

I still wound up doing it at 22. Unlike most, I never questioned whether or not I was trans, it was a 'given', something trivially obvious, it was always about the outside pressures and worries over acceptance.
>>
>>5842592
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, when hair started coming in there were tears, but I was afraid of showing them to my family. Wound up ruining my sister's birthday one year by crying and acting all depressive thinking over things.

I developed a full beard and even if I shaved, I'd have 9 o' clock shadow within hours. Eventually, I 'accepted' it, in the sense that I thought it was futile from the start and stopped caring about hygeine aside from showering. I threw the entirety of my mind at my academic work (and videogames/anime!) to distract from the gaping hole in my chest, and my grades reflected that. I still wasn't happy.
>>
>>5842509
>this in reality means nothing, and makes us look like mentally ill people who were socialized into being a tranny
But most trans people aren't socialized that way, their parents didn't encourage them to be girly and so fourth so it has nothing to do with socialization. Most trans people DO like girl things which isn't at all surprising since you know they're girls and all like most cis girls who also like girl things too so yeah being trans kinda does partly have to do with how you socially identified not just how you physically want to look. You could try and argue that their are non-trans people who socially act like the opposite sex but they're far and few like how people still seem to think all gay men are feminine which isn't true at all.
>>
>>5841805
More accurately, men are conditioned that women deserve attention and special treatment for just their bodies, which is completely true until age ~30...

If your face could pass as a girl, no reason not to try, forget the 'identity' bullshit.
Male features are primate ugly, and everyone ages like shit, so if you can do something about it, have fun while it lasts.
>>
>>5842651
There are plenty of cis women who aren't feminine, but that doesn't mean they want to be men, they just don't like to dress like stereotypes.
>>
>>5841898
This is the best answer. Physical dysphoria comes first, but most trans people also internalize ideas about gender roles so that it all becomes intertwined with their body issues, and by the time they are able to take hormones, it's not enough unless people treat them like their actual gender too.
>>
>>5841779
More people diagnosed =/= more widespread when will /pol/ learn this?
>>
>>5841779
We are failed males who wish we could get the easy life girls get, and still bitch about, the ungrateful whores that they are.
>>
>>5842920
Never, because misunderstanding serves their agenda by reinforcing their previously held beliefs.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.