[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only gay guy who gets uncomfortable about the modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: safe space starter pack 5.jpg (50 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
safe space starter pack 5.jpg
50 KB, 1200x675
Am I the only gay guy who gets uncomfortable about the modern image of a gay guy are those who praise drag queens, vogue, love female artists like beyonce, and go go boys? It's not like I wish for every gay guy to be masculine or not into things like I described above but it's like there is this underlying idea that if you're a gay guy and you don't like to be a gay stereotype then you must hate yourself.
>>
>>5841156
>am I the only
NO
YOU ARENT
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THERE ARE SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE, IM SURE SOMEONE AGREES WITH YOU
YOU ARENT SPECIAL OR DIFFERENT
WE HAVE THIS THREAD EVERY GOTDAM DAY
>>
>>5841156
>there is this underlying idea that if you're a gay guy and you don't like to be a gay stereotype then you must hate yourself.

I've never heard one gay guy say anything like that irl desu

In fact most gay guys I know are mathc4mathc
>>
>>5841164
MAYBE IF I LEFT CAPS LOCK ON PEOPLE WILL TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!!!!!
Seriously grow up.
>>
>>5841156

What's so wrong with gogo boys?
>>
>>5841156
>but it's like there is this underlying idea that if you're a gay guy and you don't like to be a gay stereotype then you must hate yourself.
Stop going on shitty Tumblr blogs. Problem solved.
>>
>>5841177
Nice refutation faggo
>>
>>5841181
Nothing much but I just don't like the hypersexual aspect of them much desu. I know straight guys who hate going to strip clubs because it makes them nervous.
>>
>>5841156
I've received the "lol you don't like gay culture? must be Internalized homophobia" before

In all seriousness being a bisexual male any representation of me is non-existent and it's funny how all gay men in the media are cut and paste stereotypes, maybe it's a white gay thing I dunno
>>
>>5841182
It's not just this.
I'm the only gay guy I know of who isn't at least 3/10 on the campness scale (and the majority are way up there, past 6/10). The only other legbutt I know who isn't some flashy, shallow moron is a bisexual girl.
Either there are 30 hyper-closeted likable gay guys to counteract the 5 stereotypes, or legbutts who aren't obvious and showy are the minority. And trust me when I say that the feminine ones disapprove of the "not-being-a-fag-about-it" method.
>>
>>5841156
You're definitely not alone op, I am gay and I absolutely HATE modern gay culture, I just want a regular guy that dresses like a skater, acts like a man, and isn't a slut. Seems almost impossible to find a guy like that even though I am like that so I know there has to be another guy out there like me.
>>
>>5841164
1. calm down you'are so angry over a question

2. I don't think he was referring to the whole world

3. Where does he claim to be special?

4. Filters exist if you don't like seeing this thread, like you don't even have to reply, people have the ability to ignore things
>>
>>5841204
I find it that most gay guys try so hard to not a stereotype that they end up being a stereotype. I go out to gay bars and stuff with people who I am comfortable with.
>>
File: 1444341225247.gif (964 KB, 397x658) Image search: [Google]
1444341225247.gif
964 KB, 397x658
>>5841204
>dresses like a skater
cancer
>>
>>5841206
>calm down
no, questions like op's are rote and retarded
>I don't think he was referring to the whole world
It was a rhetorical point
>where does he claim to be special
It's implied
>you can filter or ignore
I'm on a phone so I don't think I can filter and I'm sure this thread will get a bunch of replies
>>
>>5841156
>it's like there is this underlying idea that if you're a gay guy and you don't like to be a gay stereotype then you must hate yourself.
Seriously? Has anyone ever had a problem like this before?
>>
>>5841156
I do really wonder why so many gays like drag.

Most gay people I've known seem like very intelligent people but at the same time they will go on and on about drag and it seems unbecoming of them.
>>
>>5841156
I liked musicals and drag a LONG time before I knew I liked guys.

I was a fag before I was gay.
>>
>>5841687
The only thing I like about drag is the comedy of it but really these are men in makeup and they do it so much they actually start believing they are women.
>>
>>5841214
>there's an objective answer for a thing such as style
no you're the cancer
>>
Of course not, plenty of people would agree with you.

I hate stereotypically "queer" behavior , I prefer normal people. And I don't mean moving to the exact opposite extreme and going hyper-masculine. It's not body type so much as how you act, and to a lesser extent how you dress.
>>
>>5844569
skaters are objectively retarded though
>>
>>5844933
how so?
>>
>>5841241
Oh no people want to discuss something you don't want to discuss.

>stoplikingwhatidontlike
>>
File: cbb.jpg (124 KB, 1203x1447) Image search: [Google]
cbb.jpg
124 KB, 1203x1447
It's usually either
>YAAAAASSSS
>KWEEN SLAYYY
>LIKE OMG DID YOU THEE BEYONTHÉ AT THE THUPER BOWL?
>NNNNNG YAAAAAAS NICKIE
>~gotta eat the booty like groceries~
>TWERK
>PRIDE PARADES ARE LIKE THE BETHT THING EVAR <3 8=====D
or
>BID DADDY POZ PIG HERE LOOKIN FER SUM NEG HOLES TO POZ
>ohoo im dirty thlut looking to catch a toxic thtrain of POZ up my tight little neg hole daddy wanted~
>LOOKING FOR A PUP TO DOMINATE AND CARE FOR, HUNG MASTER HERE
>I just want a dick in every one of my orifices while I'm urinated upon and choking on dirty diapers

Just fuck my shit up senpai, the gay community deserves to be purged.
>>
>>5841156
Drag Queens are amazing. Even if you're Masc4masc.

Going out on a limb to assume op is either under age or doesn't know any other gays.
>>
>>5848644
> People who have never actually met a live gay person.
>>
>>5848744
I've been in several relationships.

Gays are, by in large, either vapid flamers or completely degenerate sluts.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.