[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people so unaccepting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 1446738798794.jpg (61 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1446738798794.jpg
61 KB, 400x400
Transgirl here, question for you all, how many of you had unsupportive parents?
I came out to me mom and she told me I was messed in the head and that I can't be trans cause there were no signs (though there were she just yelled at me and said that I can't do whatever I was doing or can't have what I wanted cause it's gay), had to write her a letter, staying at my brothers for March break, what do I do when I get home? She's bound to flip shit again and last time I ended up a total mess and couldn't even go to school I just went to my brothers a couple days early
Have a Guts meme for your troubles
>>
>>5841009
not me
>>
>>5841009
>be me
>come out to parents
>you must be possessed, you are going to church with us
>let me do this praying ritual shit

:^) I don't talk to them anymore
>>
>>5841009
FtM here.
My mom just thinks it's a phase, my grandma says I can't be trans because I collect anime figures
Could've been worse, but it's still pretty fucking annoying to deal with
>>
>>5841038
Damn that sounds like the shitty end of the stick
>>5841045
This also is pretty bad
>>
>>5841045
>my grandma says I can't be trans because I collect anime figures
lmao what?
I'm sorry, I know it's a shitty situation but it just sounds funny, what's her reasoning?
>>
>>5841045
>I can't be trans because I collect anime figures
That's pretty fucking funny.
>>
>>5841038
sameeee

My mom was like, "You know, it might be a good idea to get you exorcised. You know, just in case. I read about a really good priest nearby that does that. What do you have to lose?"

Then they went to a homeopath in South America who had me write my name on a piece of paper and take a picture. Using that picture he prescribed me a bunch of drugs. Didn't even talk to me. My parents just told me that I didn't have anything to lose, and that I should stop taking my psych meds as well as HRT and see if the homeopath drugs work just by themselves. They were really REALLY disappointed when I didn't do that.

Then there's calling me a freak and that I was never feminine (even though they made my life shit because I was).

I could go on. Screw them. Like I know for some reason we have this thing in our culture where we place a lot of value on family, even though a lot of the time people hate their families.

Stop talking to them and move away ASAP. I've never looked back
>>
I think its perfectly reasonable for someone to be freaked out when they're son says they are a woman. Its like you guys aren't self aware or something. If I was trans I wouldn't expect an ounce of support and would plan accordingly.
>>
>>5841009
Because they choose to shit.
>>
>>5841009
>Why are people so unaccepting
They're incapable of compassion and empathy to those unlike them.
>>
>>5841336
No, they just choose to be shit.
>>
>>5841371
And lost the ability to feel real love as a result.
>>
>>5841394
Nope, just shit.
>>
>>5841115
Her reasoning is that anime figures = dolls
>>
>>5841310
Your parents should accept you unconditionally.
>>
>>5841009

Man I'm apprehensive about even telling my parents I'm DATING a trans girl if that ever happens, I can only imagine what it must be like to have to tell them you ARE one. The good thing in your case OP is that you've basically already broken the ice, if you silently transition now your mom might grumble but probably won't do shit about it.

Nice taste in manga btw.
>>
>>5841596
Thanks and the problem is I can't silently so it cause I'm 17, the government ducked me over so I can't get a birth certificate without my mom, and due to no birth certificate, no job so I can't pay for Jack shit
>>
OP here, dammit my mom's making me go home from my brothers today
>>
My dad hates it
My mom is kind of resigned to the fact that I'm doing this but my dad frequently rants about my fingernails or my hair or whatever
But like, I don't do anything to my nails or hair
I let my nails grow longer than he thinks is acceptable and I don't cut them all the way back to the tips because it hurts my fingers
I have a masculine haircut, it just comes down almost to my shoulders
Everything is a huge fucking battle like
I said that my therapist recommended a stylist and he started acting like I said I was going to start wearing leather mini dresses
No you idiot, I'm going to get a normal haircut so I don't "embarrass" you or whatever the fuck your deal is
>>
>>5841904
Time to face the music. It sounds like a good sign she asked you to come back. It will probably be really uncomfortable for a bit but you'll feel better once you clear the air.
>>
My parents are "supportive" but also extremely controlling, and deny anything that they dont agree with, even to the point of absurdity.
>"hey dad I lost height!"
>"Thats impossible, dont be silly"
> Literally lost two inches on hrt in the last year
>>
>>5841009
19 yo mtf here. My mom, sister, best friend and other close friends accepted me and help me transition
>>
>>5841962
Yeah, see what happens, I honestly can't talk in person that's why I had to write her a letter to come out and a letter to respond to her flipping shit
>>
>>5841904

Only if you let her.
>>
>mom hates trannies
>pops out two tranny biscum children
I'm still laughing. She's pretending I'm dead.

Sorry, OP. I hope things turn out OK for you. This shit is rough.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.