[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think that ex-gay therapy might work, at least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: 1454477627976.jpg (657 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1454477627976.jpg
657 KB, 2048x2048
Does anyone else think that ex-gay therapy might work, at least in some cases, but has been prematurely rejected for political correctness?
>>
No, not really.
>>
>>5833258
Not even remotely.
>>
I've always been interested in what a secular approach to therapy might look like. As it stands, all options involve christianity and that's not something I feel is particularly conductive to succeeding,
>>
File: 1266170660809.jpg (28 KB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
1266170660809.jpg
28 KB, 400x236
>>
I think it probably works for some people. If they really, really don't want to be gay, I guess. Choice definitely is involved in sexuality and it's a shame "born like this" became the only way for gays to get laws passed. Plenty of people make a choice and acquire tastes over time and life experience. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>5833697
I think it is different for different people.

At any rate, gay conversion camps never work the way they want to. At best they traumatize a homosexual so much that any male contact, or even personal contact, sets off some sort of PTSD.
>>
Latent bisexuality + repression can explain any claim of success in anti-gay therapy.
>>
>>5833697

And I think we should rather address the reasons why people might really, really not want to be gay.
>>
File: kri.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kri.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
Just remain celibate. You don't HAVE to suck dick, you know.
>>
>>5833258
>but has been prematurely rejected for political correctness?
But that's not the case.
>>
>>5833765
but it's the only way I feel complete
>>
>tfw most ex gay therapists are turbo closet cases
>tfw they actually lost some of their quack shrinks because they gay married
>>
>>5833258
I've been looking for this pic for a while
>>
No, not at all. It was and still is overdue for complete rejection.
>>
Nah. It's quite clear to anyone with scientific training that the methods used by ex-gay therapy are completely unsupported.

Stuff like praying the gay away, being shamed by your councilor, trying to magically get the guy to like pussy through suggestion, just plain doesn't work period. Worse, when done to teens it can increase the risk of suicide by a considerable degree.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqI0vjArbn8
>>
You can't cure being gay, it's genetic, dickbag.
>>
>>5833258
Trying to change a person's sexuality has proven time and again impossible, and the ramifications of such have consistently psychologically damaging to the person in question.
>>
>>5833765
I read that in Krillin's voice.
>>
I think it can 'work' in that it will, in some people, stop gay behaviour, make them settle down with a wife etc, but it will fuck them up in the process and will not actually make them stop being homosexual, just make them stop being open about it. so it would depend on your definition of it 'working'.
>>
>>5835055
>countless stories of trannies changing their sexual orientation
>>
>>5835150
Sure. But our situation is not all that similar.
>>
>>5835150
>realizing you're bi like most of humanity is the same as forcing someone to not like their preference

Trannies going bi is easy because they already wreck a bunch of taboos along the way, so being a fucking coward about being bi feels kind of dumb.
>>
>>5835150
Well, there's countless stories of that happening on the internet. I've never heard one say it irl though.
>>
>>5833765
This. Based Krillin.
>>
>>5835150
>What are hormones
>>
>>5833258
I think ex-gay therapy is as stupid as trying to make someone unlearn arithmetic. All you can do is make people fear/hate to even think about or do it or remold the way they think about it.

So I think it would be more feasible to kind of remold somebody into being bisexual and then straight, but they have to want it, and not because of self-hatred.
>>
>>5833258
Does anyone think HRT would turn gay people straight?
There was scientific research that lesbians have higher testosterone than straight women. I knew a lesbian who had PCOS and when it was maintained she came out as straight.
>>
>>5835055

Head injuries have changed peoples sexuality before.

There is a way to do it clearly.
>>
>>5841973
The nazi's and several others tried it last century, extra testosterone on gay men had little effect, and extra estrogen on lesbians did nothing aside from cause blood clots.
>>
>>5842021
Literally one story of that happening in human history, and supposed happened to a Brit, who are physically incapable of telling the truth.
>>
>>5835150
So you're saying HRT is the key to successful gay conversion?
>>
>>5833258
Nope.

>>5833641
Then you're looking for "aversion therapy" (electro shocks, induced vomiting, etc.) needless to say it doesn't work either.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/barbaric-electric-shock-therapy-being-6803050
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.