[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so I'm homosexual and I've known this for many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: pride_shit.png (669 KB, 732x491) Image search: [Google]
pride_shit.png
669 KB, 732x491
Okay, so I'm homosexual and I've known this for many years now. I used to consider myself very liberal and supported the LGBT movement avidly. However, I've begun noticing how problematic it actually is for myself and other LGBT people who are wanting to be accepted into society.

While I realize not everybody gay person is walking down the street with a dildo on their head, the fact that our sexualities are commonly glorified in such ways leads me to believe that much of the mainstream populous holds distaste for us, even if only on a subconscious level.

Am I the only one who just wants to find a nice guy to settle down with? Am I the only one that doesn't want the SJW movement to turn my sexuality into some big, fucking freak show?
>>
>>5829633
Yeah, it's fucking awful and I want all these people to die in a fire. They give homosexuality a bad reputation, make it harder to integrate it naturally into society and make it harder to come out as gay or even admit you are gay.

>boys are kind of cute...
>oh, but I'm not one of those circus freaks that walk around in pink waving dildos, and that's what gay people are like, so maybe I'm not gay..

>I'm gay, but if I come out people will associate me with those insane tossers
>better keep quiet
>>
>>5829633
I know that exact feel OP and was in a bad depression because of this. thanks for posting.

I feel like someone needs to start a new movement to show 'regular' gay people and condemn these super sexual freaks walking around. I'm sick of being associated with them.
>>
>>5829633
Same, but trans.
>>
>>5829913
I have yet to meet a sane trans person. I'm hoping they're out there, but it makes me feel pretty discouraged.
>>
>>5829913
Except trans people are actually insane and not just represented as such.
>>
>>5829928
Me either, desu. I felt worse after going to a few local trans things. I'm a bit of an empty shell of a person myself though, so.

I think the sane trannies get away from "support groups" and the like as soon as possible. So when the next still somewhat normal just starting trans person comes through the support networks, all they see are the crazies, and they either disappear or are swallowed up by the crazy.

>>5829943
Gee, thanks.
>>
>>5829888
The problem is that we wouldn't be fairly represented by the LGBT community even if there was some sort of movement.

Nice trips, btw.
>>
>>5829977
Yeah anon, I feel the same way. I'm gay and any gay men I meet/groups, I get out. I'm not a queen/flamboyant dude. I'm not promiscuous and I'm not obnoxious. I feel alienated from the LGBT 'community' because I hate what it has turned into. It's like a bunch of walking stereotypes that constantly have to mention their sexuality to people.

I've been to gay bars and met so many scary/creepy people that I never went back. What about you? I can't imagine what it's like being trans and feeling alienated.
>>
>>5829979
The whole concept of an "LGBT community" can suck my dick, honestly. I don't form a community with all LGBT people on the planet just because I like to suck dicks. Transsexualism feels like a completely different unrelated issue entirely, and lesbians are irrelevant to my world. I hate the fact that I'm being represented as some kind of monolithic entity with prepackaged ideals.
>>
>>5830030
My biggest issue is how hard it is to find a decent guy who isn't completely absorbed into the LGBT culture.
>>
>>5830030
>>5830066
I know that feel. Actually I felt almost completely alone in this so I'm glad there are other people like you all that feel the same way. Maybe the LGBT movement thing is just a phase society is going through and will end. The only reason I tell other people I'm gay is typically for therapy. I'm not proud of being gay personally and if I could be straight I would. I know that sounds bad, but it would make life so much easier.
>>
>>5830075
No, I understand completely. I generally try to avoid talking about my sexuality unless it's brought up specifically. Like, I really don't care whether or not somebody "accepts" my preference or not. I just want to find somebody who has a decent personality to be with.
>>
File: 1450562069033.gif (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450562069033.gif
55 KB, 500x500
>>5830094
It's almost like your sexuality is one of the most private aspects of your life and reasonable people don't base their entire identity around it.
>>
>>5829633
It's unfortunate, because part of being a minority is that people are more likely to attribute your behavior to a group identity than to your individuality.

If a gay person walks down a pride parade with assless chaps waving 15 inch dildos in the air, regular people are going to look at him, and think "damn gays." They won't attribute his behavior to his own degenerate mind, but see it instead as a symptom of the one clear trait that distinguishes him from them, in this case homosexuality.

The reality is there is no correlation between the way individuals in any minority group behave once you factor in every relevant consideration.
>>
>>5829633
You're not alone, just invisible.
>>
>Am I the only one who just wants to find a nice guy to settle down with?
Only about 25% of every thread ever started on /lgbt/ ever has had this sentiment

The reason people see gays as the dildo wearing pride marchers is because they provide confirmation bias and the "normal" gay guys aren'[t immediately recognizable so no one includes them as members of the gay population

You are not special or rare. Most gay guys think exactly like you.
>>
>>5829633
>Am I the only one that doesn't want the SJW movement to turn my sexuality into some big, fucking freak show?
It doesn't fucking matter what you want because you don't have a choice and nobdy significant cares about your opinion.

Our "allies" will never allow a cash cow to escape the herd, and our enemies can't be bothered to see us as anything other than disgusting freaks.
>>
File: 1436653620560.png (59 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
1436653620560.png
59 KB, 210x240
>>5830189
>Most gay guys think exactly like you
>>
>>5830189
Where the fuck are they?

Please tell me, I'm begging you!
>>
>>5830030
The worst part about it is the word "community".
I'm OK with being part of the LGBT "population", as this means that I fall into either the L, G, B, (and/)or T categories, while still remaining a part of the overall community of human beings.
A population has a set of shared characteristics and interbreeds (in this case, we all have non-heterosexual and/or -cisgender feelings and do interbreed in a way), yet coexists with other individuals of other categories within a community. A community is a separated and isolated group consisting of one or more populations (normally more) within its own region or habitat (at least, that's how it works in Biology; why should it be different elsewhere?).
Then again, with "gay" districts of town, gay ghettos/neighbourhoods, and the way that so many normie-legbutts isolate themselves from heterosexuals and focus on their sexualities 24/7, the phrase "LGBT community" certainly has some validity in certain contexts...
>>
>>5830530
>Then again, with "gay" districts of town, gay ghettos/neighbourhoods, and the way that so many normie-legbutts isolate themselves from heterosexuals and focus on their sexualities 24/7, the phrase "LGBT community" certainly has some validity in certain contexts...
We're not exactly welcome in most places.
>>
>>5830542
Primarily because of the presence of these areas.
I'd rather brave it out in the general community and risk public harassment than step foot in these metaphorical islands of literal degeneracy. It's such a bleak and unfulfilling lifestyle.
>>
>>5830584
I've never really experienced any harassment in public for being with a guy on a date before, and I live in rural Indiana. Is that still common?
>>
>>5830584
>Primarily because of the presence of these areas.
Primary because we're in the top 3 of most hated demographics in the world, along with pedophiles.
>>
>>5830430
they're here

or they're in libraries and coffee shops and book stores. Anywhere that isn't a gay bar.
>>
>>5830602
I don't know. I live in rural Wisconsin and my lesbian friend from Chicago visited me once with her girlfriend. She was saying stuff about how she couldn't hold hands with her girlfriend around my place but I had never faced any issue with dragging a guy to a date.

I think people in gayborhoods still think that rural America believes it's 1954 still.
>>
>>5829633
It's a strategy

Flamer's strategy is to form their own group

Normal fags wan to adhere to the normalfag group rules.
>>
>>5830744
Forming an isolated group which explicitly tries to act contrary to popular norms when you're a disliked and tiny minority seems like a really bad idea.
>>
>>5830774
>a really bad idea.
That doesn't really matter.
Society's opinion of us will never improve anyway so I can understand that people can't really be bothered anymore to try and live up to unrealistic and occasionally unfair expectations.
>>
Maybe normal gay people should start their own identity/community, in the same way that leather fags or flamers do.

Call it round edge or something.
>>
>>5830818
That's total bullshit though. Society went from literally killing homosexuals to tolerating them. To just say it will never improve is literally retarded.
>>
That's why I'm holding myself hostage in the closet. I'll never say I'm bi. I hate the LGBT "community," and being a college student, the last thing I want is for people to see me solely for my sexuality or for shallow women to want to befriend me for occasionally liking dudes. I don't want to be lumped in with those yaaaas queens. It's such shit.
>>
>>5830854
I waited until I graduated to come out to some of my close friends. I didn't want anyone to know I was bi in college so I kept it to myself. I went to a Catholic school so not many gay guys (or so I thought, I've found many of my former classmates on tinder since graduating)

The biggest reason I stayed in the closet was because the few gay guys in my school were femmy bitchy gays and I don't get along well with them. Most people would be shocked to know I share a sexuality with them so I kept it secret until I could mitigate the amount of people who knew. That would have been impossible in a campus environment.
>>
>>5830852
>Society went from literally killing homosexuals to tolerating them.
And why is that?
Because it's 2016, and "we don't do that in 2016 I mean come on"
Their views never changed, they just consider themselves above killing us, because that's so 1800.
Tolerating homosexuals is just a hype, a trend that will eventually fade and be replaced.
>>
>>5830886
>Tolerating homosexuals is just a hype, a trend that will eventually fade and be replaced.
I think that's bullshit. I can't think of any community that accepted homosexuality that ever moved away from that position. Once people recognize their close friends and family members are gay they stop being so intolerant.
>>
>>5829977
>>5829928
I think you see a lot of them on 4chan t b h
it's like a support group but people who already tend to have a non-tumblry attitude come here. of course there are turbohons on here but 99% of the time they trip so you can just filter them
>>
>>5830901
>I can't think of any community that accepted homosexuality that ever moved away from that position.
Because that would first require a (non lgbt)community to be accepting of homosexuality. There ain't any.

>Once people recognize their close friends and family members are gay they stop being so intolerant.
Because that shit actually happens, right?
No. These people will never tolerate us.
>>
>>5830917
>Because that would first require a (non lgbt)community to be accepting of homosexuality. There ain't any.
Nonsense. Have you been to any hipster neighborhood? Or Billyburg? Or the (White) San Francisco Bay Area? Or really anywhere on the Northside of Chicago or Seattle or Amsterdam or any number of places

do you live in Eastern Europe or something? Most people in the US support gay marriage now so clearly they don't all have homophobic feelings
>Because that shit actually happens, right?
yes that's exactly what happened. That's the biggest reason why more Americans support gay rights than stand against them
>>
>>5830927
These people are only "accepting" because it looks good on instagram.
It's feigned and only there because there's an artificial "like" of gay people. A trend not unlike fashion.
We're nothing but their accessories.
And once something new comes along we're thrown in the trash.

It's like you sincerely believe morality has something to do with it.
>>
degenerates
>>
>>5830964
>These people are only "accepting" because it looks good on instagram.
How exactly are they not accepting? Do you truly believe they secretly despise you?
>We're nothing but their accessories.
Now you're moving goalposts. They accept you but you don't like how they accept you. And you're also generalizing
>And once something new comes along we're thrown in the trash.
That has never shown to be the case as I stated in my previous post
>It's like you sincerely believe morality has something to do with it.
Do you believe you're amoral for having sex with the same gender? Maybe this is more of a self-hate thing than an "everybody hates me" thing

Unless you live in The Bible Belt or rural Midwest/South then you likely never face any sort of rejection for your sexuality.
>>
>>5830975
>Do you truly believe they secretly despise you?
Yes. And it's not even secret.
>They accept you but you don't like how they accept you.
They don't actually accept us. If your hammer starts demanding equal rights you'd laugh since it's a fucking hammer, not a human.
>That has never shown to be the case
>groups have never ben used as a political tool

>Do you believe you're amoral for having sex with the same gender?
No. I'm just saying that their "acceptance" is not founded on a sense of morality, justice or even a basic sense of human dignity.
>Maybe this is more of a self-hate thing than an "everybody hates me" thing
I never hated myself because of my sexuality.
I never had trouble accepting that I'm a homosexual.

>Unless you live in The Bible Belt or rural Midwest/South then you likely never face any sort of rejection for your sexuality.
>lives in dreamland utopia
>>
>>5831023
>Yes. And it's not even secret.
I'm not going to discount your experience but that's certainly never been anything I've seen and I live in a pretty Conservative Christian town
>They don't actually accept us. If your hammer starts demanding equal rights you'd laugh since it's a fucking hammer, not a human.
I don't understand the analogy. Are you saying they're not seeing you as human? Again this is simply not something I've seen in recent years
>>lives in dreamland utopia
No I live in a Midwestern American town with more churches than libraries and I still have no clue what you're referencing.

Maybe you need to find better friends, my sexuality never comes up as a topic of conversation so I dont know why anybody would think their sexuality is used as a political tool
>>
>>5829633
Even though I don't agree with it, I do love how subversive and unapologetic it is. I won't be partaking in any of those festivities, but you have to hand it to the people who have the balls to be disgusting out in public.
>>
>>5831073
>Maybe you need to find better friends
They're already as progressive as one an be.
>I still have no clue what you're referencing.
That you're either living in some fantasy utopia or simply unable to see how wretched it all is.
>Are you saying they're not seeing you as human? Again this is simply not something I've seen in recent years
They've never seen us as humans. For all of human history we've been reviled as unnatural freak and that won't be changed by a few decades. That's a naive thought.

>that's certainly never been anything I've seen and I live in a pretty Conservative Christian town
And I live in what is supposed to be one of the most accepting countries in the world.
Yet a nation like that somehow breeds someone like me.
That simply contradicts.
An accepting country cannot possibly breed someone like me.
Yet here I am.
>>
>>5829633
You're not alone.
>>
>>5831148
Give me a concrete example of how your friends look down on you or treat you as an accessory. I have no clue what you're talking about, my sexuality has never come up in my friend group in any manner differently than my straight friends.
>They've never seen us as humans. For all of human history we've been reviled as unnatural freak and that won't be changed by a few decades. That's a naive thought.
From what I've seen people go out of their way to not be seen as homophobic.
>>
>>5831148
so edgy
>>
>>5831196
I don't think he socializes. He sounds like someone who spends all day inside and treats what he sees online as real life examples.

I also live in a conservative area, and my sexuality has never been an issue. For one thing, it's been something that my straight guy friends have appreciated, because of my perspective on things.
>>
>>5831196
>Give me a concrete example of how your friends look down on you or treat you as an accessory.
I'm closeted so people don't watch their words when around me and how often I've heard ratings about "those dirty fags" and how disgusting they are.

>From what I've seen people go out of their way to not be seen as homophobic.
Because "tolerating gays" a hype.
>>
>>5831228
>I'm closeted so people don't watch their words when around me and how often I've heard ratings about "those dirty fags" and how disgusting they are.
And you say you live in a liberal neighborhood? I went to a Catholic school my entire life and yeah the jocks will call each other fags but it's never meant as an anti-gay insult. I've literally never heard anyone (except my parents) refer to gays as "those dirty faggots" or remark on their disgusting sexual practices.

I don't know, I'm not trying to say you're lying but it sounds like your friend group is pretty shitty. You should either disclose your sexuality to let them know one of their friends is gay or you should stop hanging out with them.
>>
File: 1402964922803.jpg (196 KB, 719x842) Image search: [Google]
1402964922803.jpg
196 KB, 719x842
>implying homosexuality isn't going to be even more celebrated in the coming centuries as it ensures no more human beings will be produced
Now if only we could stop being flaming, prancing, insufferable faggots everywhere we step, we might actually start getting some respect from greater society.
>>
>>5829633
>Am I the only one who just wants to find a nice guy to settle down with? Am I the only one that doesn't want the SJW movement to turn my sexuality into some big, fucking freak show?

No, you are not. This is all I want. I don't want to prance down the street saying look at me! look at me! That behavior makes me sick. I don't even tell anyone about my sexuality unless it explicitly matters for some reason. Some people infer that I'm gay just by the way I look at guys and am oblivious to girls sometimes.
>Oh bro look at her
>What? Who? Oh yeah she has nice hair.
>Dude are you gay?
>...kind of
Most of the time people are none the wiser though. And I'd rather keep it that way due to the stereotypes associated with being a faggot.
>>
>>5831256
>And you say you live in a liberal neighborhood?
yes.
And you wonder why I no longer believe in this whole acceptance meme?
>>
>>5831266
Nah, i doubt that not producing new people will get anyone respect. Just look at spree shooters, no one likes then even if they reduce populace significantly all on their own.
>>
>>5831256
>you say you live in a liberal neighborhood?
I'm not him, but I live in Portland, OR. Arguably as liberal as it gets, and still run into shit like that.
I honestly believe it's due to the extremely flamboyant gays around here giving us a bad name. They take it too far.
>>
File: 44734572345734.png (773 KB, 644x470) Image search: [Google]
44734572345734.png
773 KB, 644x470
>>5831228
>"friends"
>>
File: 1438033363506.png (428 KB, 485x602) Image search: [Google]
1438033363506.png
428 KB, 485x602
>>5831284
my nigga
>>
>>5831300
Even in liberal neighborhoods, you hear people talking all types of shit about everyone. It's nothing new.
>>
>>5831284
I'm the same way, but I don't hate or despise other gays who fall into the stereotype. I just don't care enough to worry or be flustered about others
>>
>>5831341
I don't care either, actually I appreciate them. Without them we wouldn't have nearly as much acceptance as we do nowadays.
>>
>>5831355
But the flaming faggots waving the rainbow flag are the sort of gays the general public secretly finds distasteful.
>>
>>5829633
No you're not and if they are as stupid as they look, and I imagine they can be even more stupid than that, there's little we can do to change their retarded behavior.
>>
>>5831931
Again don't care and not my problem.

Maybe if you started not caring about other's opinions on other people, maybe you wouldn't be so bitter.

Again, what other faggots do does not reflect on me as a person, because I don't dress or behave like them.
>>
>>5835431
But Anon, the general public is retarded. They can't help but associate all within a certain demographic with each other.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.